• Tweets

• Hi Thanks for your reply. I have discussed this with citizens advice and they have taken details of the builder and reported them to trading standards who will take appropriate action. The builders claim that as the draft contract was sent over by email and I had time to think it over before deciding there is no cooling off period in this case.   When sending the draft contract they do not cover any details relating to cancellation rights or any of the details required in the legislation above as they are claiming it should be treated as 'on premises' and therefore my consumer rights do not exist.   I prefer not to give their name on a public forum at the moment but they are certainly not making my life easy at the moment. They are threatening to sue me for breach of contract if i do not pay up in 14 days.
    • Hi all, was a bit busy with my friends witness statement. It is my understanding that none of Assets ppl will attend the hearing pursuant to CPR 27.9 (1)(a). I'm not sure do my mate will be ready to go as he fall in deep depression, lost his interest in life and do not communicate at all now. Ok, there is the WS attached. Thanks DX for advice, I found some good ones here. No names stated in case someone from claimants side reading this. Will be appreciated for any advises and corrections. Thank you in advance.       WS.docx
    • Ok thanks DX, so i reclaim these charges and default sum fee's Then I guess once/if this is settled and they hopefully refund these charges then I need to make a repayment plan arrangement with them.   I think i need to move quickly as they have mentioned legal action which they said would involve property repossesion (so they stated anyway!)
    • Wrongly. I suggest that you post the drafts of the documents you are preparing to send or to file here before you actually do so. You've waited this long, another 24 hours won't make a big difference. You may as well get it right
    • Please will you tell us the name of the builders.  http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/3134/regulation/29/made lays out the circumstances in which you lose your right to cancel and off premises contract. I don't see anything here which says that you are not entitled to use the 14 day cooling off period. I suggest that you email the building immediately and ask him on what basis he says that you are not entitled to a cooling off period. Tell him that if he will not explain this to you then you will not engage in any further communication with him. In any event, and off premises contract must contain at least the following information – meaning that the supplier of the services must provide you with the following information http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/3134/schedule/2/made     Please check your contract and any other messages you have received on paper or by email and see whether together it can be said that you are provided all of this information. If you were not provided with this information then the cooling period doesn't even begin to run. To all intents and purposes the contract is not complete yet. On the basis of the dates that you have provided to us it would appear that you have exercise your right to cancel just within the 14 day period and so therefore your cancellation is good. It seems to me on the basis of what you have told us that you are being bullied and browbeaten by these people. If it is correct that they haven't given you any details about the right to cancel then they are potentially committing an offence and once they have explain to you why you don't have the benefit of a cooling off period, you could then reply to them and warn them that by failing to include all of the information in schedule two – but particularly information as to the right to cancel, they are committing an offence. http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/3134/regulation/19/made   Once you are satisfied that you are on secure ground, I would suggest that you write and tell them to do the other thing and that you will be happy to see them in court where you are sure that the judge will be very interested also to see the way they have behaved against you. Please let us know the name of the builders and also once you are sure of your ground I suggest that you start putting reviews up on trust pilot and Google and elsewhere.
  • Our picks

bitemarx

Letter from HMRC tax credit office

Hi everyone,

I have received a " CHECK YOUR TAX CREDITS NOW" letter from HMRC.

I stopped claiming tax credits back in (I think!) April  2018. 

They have sent me this letter which mentions an overpayment pf £4324.46

Although I believe there may have been a slight overpayment (possibly between jan 2018 and march 2018), I'm sure it is somewhere in the £1500 region.

How can I get more info on this, particularly details about when they believe the overpayment started?

They have mentioned that "if you want to dispute recovery of the overpayment of £4324.46 for the year 2018-2019" i should contact them as soon as possible, and that I have until 01/11/19 to dispute recovery.

I dont understand how there can be an overpayment for a tax year (2018-2019) during which I have not been paid any tax credits!

Also, they have my weekly childcare costs as £5 which is incorrect since I have been paying close to £400 every month. 

If I report the change in childcare costs, will this increase my child tax credit award? Will it have any effect at all?

their version of an SAR is on their website 

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

As dx has suggested, request a subject access request on the HMRC website, to get hold of your records.

Also register a formal dispute with HMRC in writing. There may be a way of doing this on the HMRC website. Ask for a breakdown calculation of the amount they have stated.

Once you know the basis of the HMRC calculation, you can then go back to them with details that are wrong or have not been considered.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

19 hours ago, bitemarx said:

Hi everyone,

I have received a " CHECK YOUR TAX CREDITS NOW" letter from HMRC.

I stopped claiming tax credits back in (I think!) April  2018. 

They have sent me this letter which mentions an overpayment pf £4324.46

Although I believe there may have been a slight overpayment (possibly between jan 2018 and march 2018), I'm sure it is somewhere in the £1500 region.

How can I get more info on this, particularly details about when they believe the overpayment started?

They have mentioned that "if you want to dispute recovery of the overpayment of £4324.46 for the year 2018-2019" i should contact them as soon as possible, and that I have until 01/11/19 to dispute recovery.

I dont understand how there can be an overpayment for a tax year (2018-2019) during which I have not been paid any tax credits!

Also, they have my weekly childcare costs as £5 which is incorrect since I have been paying close to £400 every month. 

If I report the change in childcare costs, will this increase my child tax credit award? Will it have any effect at all?

So are you still getting tax credits, because your last questions reads that you are, but your earlier part of the post, states that you aren't?

If you aren't getting them, why would you need to declare a change in your childcare costs?

They were probably taking a small amount off your award to repay your 'overpayment' without you even realising.  It's only when your awards stop, when a dreaded turd brown envelope drops through your letterbox with some random insane debt.

So the SAR is the most important thing.  It took me about 2 minutes to find a phone call that had been made up, and my Salary had been inflated by them also.

I am not receiving tax credits.

The information they have for childcare costs is incorrect.

By a large amount.

Is this not something that I should rectify?

Okay. I have requested the SAR.

Hopefully I can find something in it that would explain how they have got this humongous sum! 

I will also check back on bank statements and calculate exactly how much I have been paid by them..... wondering if I need an FA for this.

Disputing this is going to be difficult as I have not kept a record of dates and times that I have been contacted by HMRC or I have contacted them. :-(

The TC846 form on the gov.uk website asks for dates on every single point and details.

I'm unsure as to what I need to include in these fields..... 

That information will all be included on the SAR

• Thanks 1

Hmm. Looks like HMRC are going the way of Eon. They've sent a letter in the post asking for "more information and identification"; basically, a letter that asks me to sign that I am, indeed, requesting this info!

if you did their online one?

theres no way to inc a ctax bill for ID?

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

2 hours ago, bitemarx said:

Hmm. Looks like HMRC are going the way of Eon. They've sent a letter in the post asking for "more information and identification"; basically, a letter that asks me to sign that I am, indeed, requesting this info!

Hi 

I missed one of your earlier posts.  Call them, let them know about your childcare costs, they may ask for receipts, so be prepared.

Also make sure they have your correct current income too.  They are notorious for having the wrong information.  

It may well be that the childcare changes everything.

I;ve returned this forms with signature and such.

Waiting to see what they send next.

I don't want to swear but Good Lord! Since requesting the SAR, the HMRC have sent a letter stating that I now owe approximately £6600!!

I am wondering if I should get a tax accountant to help me in this.....

does your sar agree with that?

spreadsheets 

Register a dispute in writing, asking them for a full breakdowm of their calculations.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

On 19/09/2019 at 18:46, bitemarx said:

I am wondering if I should get a tax accountant to help me in this.....

You need benefits advice if anything, not an accountant.

On 19/09/2019 at 18:57, dx100uk said:

does your sar agree with that?

Have you had a detailed look through the SAR that you asked for?

You are looking out for, things like.

Them having your income wrong, Conversations that never happened etc.

Also you will be able to see what they think your childcare costs are. On that basis it may well be that you can prove otherwise and probably get most of the debt wiped off.

You will be wasting your money on Tax accountants, there is nothing that you can't do yourself.

Edited by London1971
  • Like 1

I requested my sar a while back for the same reason there telling me I owe £10k! Still not receivers my sar form though? 

Better to keep to your own topic mummy

Dx

spreadsheets 

Just because you have requested an SAR will not stop them sending out ridiculous automated letters asking for payment.