Instant Cash Loans / Money Shop - Wind Up / Creditors / IRL Info

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1420 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

And another PDL Firm hits the dust. 

The Money Shop has announced that stores will be closing and the Business will be be facing massive layoffs. 

If you have a IRR Lending Complaint open then the chances of it being paid out have just decreased massively. 

Exclusive: Hundreds of jobs at risk as payday lender The Money Shop goes under following 'unprecedented number of customer complaints'

ICL, which trades as The Money Shop, has told staff of plans to cease trading

• It has launched a mass redundancy process with its 427 employees
  • ICL will seek to shut or sell off its 100-or-so UK stores 

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-7166393/Hundreds-jobs-risk-payday-lender-Money-Shop-shuts-shop.html

https://www.ft.com/content/50139102-941b-11e9-b7ea-60e35ef678d2

Credit - Daily Mail / TIS 

Credit - Financial Times

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

It's becoming more common, no doubt they will sell their loan book just before going into administration, like oakam, wagedayadvance and the rest.

Possibly leaving consumers with no recourse against the sold accounts. 

The FOS have decided in some past complaints that redress should be set off against accounts that have been sold. 

It should work the other way too.

Consumers should be able to bring forward complaints for accounts which have been sold, if they can't complain directly to the original lender. 

You could challenge this under section Section 82 Consumer Credit Act 1974 the European Union Directive Assignment of Rights.

16.5 The definition of "creditor" in section 189 of the CCA applies to this requirement on assignment of rights. This means that when an assignee purchases debts (or otherwise acquires rights under a credit agreement) it also acquires certain obligations to the borrower including the duty to comply with CCA requirements (such as the rules on statements and notices and other post-contractual information). The assignee becomes the creditor under the agreement. This ensures that essential consumer protections under the CCA cannot be circumvented by assigning the debt to a third party."

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

See I was once told by a DCA in my younger CAG Years that they do not have any responsibility for anything the OC did - Only that they purchase the debt and they can do what they please? 

Even if the company has gone under? 

Am i getting this mixed up here? 

They also claim they purchase the account in "Good Faith" but then play blind when problems are bought up? Ie IRR Lending? 

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

You was told by  a DCA......I rest my case. :becky:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

On 23/06/2019 at 15:14, Andyorch said:

You could challenge this under section Section 82 Consumer Credit Act 1974 the European Union Directive Assignment of Rights.

16.5 The definition of "creditor" in section 189 of the CCA applies to this requirement on assignment of rights. This means that when an assignee purchases debts (or otherwise acquires rights under a credit agreement) it also acquires certain obligations to the borrower including the duty to comply with CCA requirements (such as the rules on statements and notices and other post-contractual information). The assignee becomes the creditor under the agreement. This ensures that essential consumer protections under the CCA cannot be circumvented by assigning the debt to a third party."

Thanks for this information. 

I lodged an IRL complaint with a debt buyer last week for an account they bought.

If they come back and say its nowt to do with them, I will definitely ask the FOS to look at it.

With the info you've posted and the approach the FOS take now, setting off redress against sold accounts, I think there's a good case for them to look at it. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just recieved this by email :

I am sorry for the delay in replying to your complaint. 11 August 2019

We have written to you separately to explain that Instant Cash Loans Ltd[/The Money Shop] is planning to go into a Scheme of Arrangement, which wil set a process for considering and, where appropriate, paying claims such as yours.

It would not be fair to consider some customers’ claims before the Scheme and others in the Scheme, as the outcomes may be different, so we are not able to make any new offers before the Scheme.

The Scheme, if customers vote for it, and the court gives its approval, is expected to come into force in October 2019.

We wil register your complaint in the Scheme, though we may have to write to you to request further information.

We wil do that through a Scheme Portal we are setting up, and you wil receive log in details for that site soon.

You wil receive an update from us after the Scheme is effective te ling you what your redress offer is, though this may not be until the middle of 2020.

You wil receive your payment at the end of the Scheme, which is expected to be before the end of 2020.

This is because we have to consider everyone’s claim before we know what offers we can make.

The Financial Conduct Authority / regulations on complaints-handling gives a business eight weeks to respond to a complaint and, as this time has passed, this means you have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, free of charge.

However, because we are proposing the Scheme, we understand the Ombudsman Service is unlikely to look at individual complaints until they know whether the Scheme is approved. If it is, they may dismiss any complaints and ask the customer to go through the Scheme process instead.

You can find out more information on its website at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk.

The Ombudsman also might not be able to consider your complaint if:

* What you are complaining about happened more than six years ago; and * You are complaining more than three years after you realised (or should have realised) that there was a problem.

If this is the case and the Ombudsman agrees with us, they wil not have our permission to consider your complaint and so wil only be able to do so in very limited circumstances.

For example, if the Ombudsman believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances.

A leaflet from the Financial Ombudsman Service is enclosed for your information and you can visit their website at www.financialombudsman.org.uk.

Should you wish to contact me with any further information or queries regarding this issue, please either telephone or email us using the details below and quoting the reference number above. Our telephone opening hours are from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Yours faithfu ly,

Update from ICL - This important;

ICL confirm that the High Court has agreed to the Redress program and its now up to the Creditors to decide if they want to go ahead. 

ICL have advised they will have a further £20 Mil at their disposal to settle PDL Claims. 

ICL - Invitation to Vote - Redress.pdf

Dear Victim

Please do not ignore this email as it is important and may require action from you.

Attached to this email is a document relating to the voting process for the Scheme of Arrangement being undertaken by The Money Shop, please read this document carefully and take the appropriate action required.

You will need your Reference Code: xxxx-xxxx to vote electronically on our website at https://www.themoneyshop.com/Voting

More information can be found on our website at https://www.themoneyshop.com/FAQs

Please do not reply directly to this email. If you have any questions after reviewing the document and the FAQs on our website, please email them to [email protected] quoting your unique Reference Code: xxxx-xxxx

Yours sincerely

The Money Shop

The scheme will not go ahead without enough votes so;

Make your vote count... 

Once the vote has concluded - More info will be posted here... 

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

• fkofilee changed the title to Instant Cash Loans / Money Shop - Wind Up / Creditors / IRL Info
  • fkofilee pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

What is the best course of action when I had a successful complaint against them through the FOS, reducing the amount I had to pay back but I head nothing from them until today saying it is with BW Legal now an advises me to contact them. Should I wait for them to contact me?

Best to create your own topic please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 8 months later...

Latest Updates to the ICL Redress Scheme below.

Key Points To Takeaway

- No new claims can be submitted

- Massive extension of criteria means smaller amount payable

- £9 million of the £20 million assigned for Redress Claims is being allocated to costs currently

- Payments expected to be paid in April 2021

- Loan book still to be sold for approx £1 million to either a Debt Collector Or Existing Financial Short Term Lender

- Lender has had just under 200000 Claims (CTD Est 182,566)

-  It is believed that the Administrators will uphold 85% of Claims and Redress is expected to reach - £335.6 million.

- Lender Expected to pay as low as 3p per £ for Redress.

ICL Quarterly Report - June 2020.pdf

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis