Hi all,

Could I please ask you to cast your eyes over the letter I received from SCS and let me know your opinions as to whether or not it's legitimate or just a debt collector using headed paper.

Many thanks,

J

Scanned Documents.pdf

you don't ignore everything

whose told you that.

can you fill this out please 

and then we'll have all the right info to advise you properly

if you still have the NTK's 

scan all those up to ONE multipage PDF too please

read upload 

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

the plus side of their demand is that it points to the signage at the site being prohibitive in nature and thus making their demand an unlawful penalty.

If it was a designated space and you arent allowed to be there how cna they say you agreed to pay them for being there? the only way of creating a contractual relationship is to breach the contract so that makes it unfair to start off with.

That wont stop a bunch of thick greedy ex clampers chasing you for the money though. they have spent a few quid on this by now and will do anything regardless of how unreasonable their behavious is to get a return on their outlay so you need to respond to this letter.

i would suggest (without seeing the signs or paperwork that could make it even less likely they have a valid claim) that you send the following:

Dear Sirs,

by your own admission your client is seeking to pursue an unlawful penalty charge as there was no offer of a contract so no cause for action againt me in this matter. i suggest that you inform your client they would be better off instructing Gladstones solicitors if they wish to pursue this and lose a civil claim as they have a proven track record of lies and incompetence and you are not in their league when it comes to losing clients money for such misadventures as this.

now give us all of the details as MET usually cant find their backsides with both hands so sight of the NTK's please plus piccies of the entrance to the land a gerneral appraisal of the car park as it sounds as though it is shared and pictures of the signage where you aprked and any signage that is different elsewhere.

Posted (edited)

now on google the sign you see from the road says 4 hours maximum stay and no mention of designated spaces or charges for overstaying.

therefore no breach of contract that could mena you owe them money. If the sign at the gate relies on the other signs inside the car park then it isnt an offer of a contract anyway but an invitation to treat so yiou are then entitled to ignore the other signs if you dont like them.

No need to tell them this, the solicitors dont care about the law, just getting their client to pay them and if they sue you and lose the solicitors still get paid but not by you, that is all.

Not Virgin's land anyways, it is publicly owned so would be interesting to know what hammersmith and Fulham Council think about it all if it does go further as you can counterclaim against MET and name them as co defendants in that

Edited by ericsbrother

SCS trotting out Beavis out of context as well.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!