Defective Laptop ***Resolved***

Andrew-P
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1729 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought an Asus T304UA laptop (its like a surface pro) on the 10th May 2018 and it needed to be sent away for repairs to the keyboard and display I two occasions before the end of September.

Now the same issues have resurfaced and both the supplier and Asus are saying there is nothing they can do as it is out of warranty.

As these issues were first noted during the first few months and they have failed within 12 months of being carried out what can I do next as surely repairs should last for more than 9 months and a laptop for more than 13.

For info it was bought on credit card.

Any help on the way forward would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

A n d r e w 

Who is the supplier – or are you trying to protect them?

If it is an identical problem it can be said that you havent actually "accepted" the goods as you were still waiting for them to amke good on the fault.

warrnaty means nothing, look at previous cases that went to court and you will find that 5-6 years life is normal for electrical goods as far as judges and EU law( 2 years ninimum) go. Now what you need to do is work out the value of your enjoyment of the goods so lets say 1 year less 1 month for being repaired  and the life expectancy is 6 years then you are owed 61/72 of the cost price  (cost minus enjoyment over lifetime-all figs in months))

let the store know what you are after and that you WILL sue them and they may well decide that a replacement is better than a day out in a gloomy building with no windows just to find out the same truth.

i cant find the case ref for the one that made the news back in 2005

If it is a large outfit get on to head office.

Thanks for the replies.

I am not sure why I did not name the supplier - i was planning to - but as they have now agreed to look into this for me and were very helpful - I presume they will be pressing Asus as it was through Asus's website I was directed to theirs.  I will name them or shame them in a few days.

I would like to avoid legal action but will go through with it if necessary.

Is there anything I can do via my credit card company so they can do all the hard work?

Thanks again for your help.

not to do with CC co after this time, it is down to the retaIer and no-one else so dont presume anything abut their relationship with their supplier.

you need to read up on what your rights are and stick to your guns

Edited by ericsbrother

An update - the laptop is off for examination with the seller today - I am paying to send it but can live with that.

I will update on what happens next

• 5 weeks later...

Thread title updated.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• AndyOrch changed the title to Defective Laptop ***Resolved***