Examworks Investigation Services - husband had a small bump

jane1703
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1739 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There,

Apologies if this is in the wrong place but wasn't sure where it should go.

Has anyone heard of Examworks Investigation Service?

My husband had a small bump with another car, they were stationary and he rolled into the back of the car in front, they swapped details but agreed that he would pay for the mild damage rather than go through the insurance company.

We've now had a hand delivered letter saying that they are working on behalf of our insurers but we have had nothing from our insurance company and haven't called them to report the incident.

Any ideas or thoughts on this?

Many thanks in advance,

Jane

Strictly speaking you are meant to report all accidents. Now that an insurer has become officially involved you had better inform your own insurer as quickly as possible.

I hope you took pictures et cetera of the damage – just in case anything is exaggerated later on.

I can imagine that although the other party agreed to sorted out privately, they probably went home and then took advice from someone and have now decided to put it into procedure.

Of course what they don't realise is that now although you may lose your no claims bonus, their own insurance premium will go up next year because even though it is a no-fault accident for them, it will still have to be logged as an incident.

That means that their insurer will get more money, your insurer will get more money so both of you will be losers.

Hi BankFodder,

My husband took photos etc so covered there but my suspicions are raised because he has a Land Rover and they had a very old - think is was a Peugeot 205 or similar and it seems odd that an investigator would be hired to pursue this as we wont be claiming for any damage.

The only damage was a small dint to the hatchback on their car.

Maybe I'm just being too suspisious?

In these circumstances you are absolutely right to be suspicious. It is the only way to survive.

• Like 1

Hi HB,

Might be the same people but this is the company https://www.examworks-is.co.uk/

Hi BF,

Hoping he has protected no claims and you are right about us both losing.

Wanted to try and find out if anyone had dealt with these particular investigators and their experience with them, couldn't find anything on here at all

I would suggest that you simply put your hands up to the accident – but don't disclose that you have photographs.

If you happen to be very lucky, they might think about exaggerating the damage in which case you would have evidence to show that what they were saying was untrue and this would undermine them completely. This would put you into a position of great advantage.

• Like 1

• dx100uk changed the title to Examworks Investigation Services - husband had a small bump

You  ( I mean your husband ) have hit an old banger at low speed, not reported it to your insurer, the other party has (probably) put in a claim, probably for injury, car hire and the whole package all with very little damage.

Your insurers are not taking any chances here, they want to get a statement from you asap rather than wait for you to report it, send in the claim form and on and on.

It's not about you, it's about the claim being made against you. 

Is it not odd that these investigators go around hand-delivering letters?

What are they asking for?

If they are acting for your insurers, it would seem that what Mwynci suggests is correct - the other party has made a claim against your husband's insurance.

Personally, in the position your husband found himself in, I'd have reported it to my insurers from the outset - unless I knew the third party was absolutely trustworthy and would stick to the agreement.  (Even then the T&Cs of your insurance will say you must inform your insurers of any incidents).

Classic inflated claim.

They will claim for whiplash on all car passengers and make thousands.

Nothing you can do, insurance companies are not keen to investigate unless each person claims more than £5k, i heard this from my previous insurance. 

So after they left the scene well intentioned, they thought better to go to the gp next day and contact the claim management company so to make money.

Unfortunate but that's the way it is. 

Cooperate with your insurance,  that's all you can do.

Make sure you tell them there was a small dent following the bump at 0.5mph.