Horizon ANPR PCN - Sainsbury's kings chase shopping centre Regent Street, Kingswood BS15 8LP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1740 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive recently parked in my local sainsburys where the parking gate arms werent lifting so theyve taken them away, im not a frequent user of the carpark but have received a penalty notice from horizon for not paying for parking.

so i rang the shopping centre who told me that horizon have now taken over the carpark, how was i suppose to know thus was my reply to which hes told me they have w6 new signs in place which i didnt see.

can anyone tell me where i stand im thinking of ignoring it as its not the council so so its not actually a fine? 

Don't ignore. This is a bad idea. Start off by taking photographs of any signage and also of the non-existent barriers. Monitor this thread for more advice from others who are more up to date with the situation.

• BankFodder changed the title to parking in Sainsbury's

I have a sneaking suspicion you might be in Scotland??

anyway

can you complete this link then we can advise properly.

and yes you are correct it not a fine

and I don't think you are quite right they have issued you a PENALTY charge?

I suspect not...read it carefully

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Horizon PCN - parking in Sainsbury's

I've been given a penalty charge notice by Horizon parking with photographic evidence of myself leaving the carpark it says they're in association with the BPA.

I've left the shopping centers carpark without paying but the barriers that lift up once you put you ticket in have gone along with the machine to put the ticket in.

I assumed they were gonna put a new system in as they've had numerous problems in the past,

I will say the machine in the actually shopping centre to pay for a ticket is still there.

There must be loads of motorist that have done this as theres no barriers that lift up to let you in like there used to be, no barriers opposite to let you out, and no ticket machine to put your ticket to lift the barrier up on your way out, your natural reaction is they must be installing a new barrier system.

Until then free... I

swear they've done this on purpose to sting motorists.

Apparently there are 26 new signs put in but all I remember seeing was if you spend a certain amount in sainsbury's you get a time limit of free parking I just thought these are old signs as theres no barriers parkings free at the moment

Dont panic.   Just answer questions posed.  Do not appeal yet. Its the worst thing you can do.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

it not a fine

and I don't think you are quite right they have issued you a PENALTY charge?

I suspect not...read it carefully

could you copy and paste the ANPR questions to a new post here and answer each one at it end please

also scan up the letter you have received both sides to ONE pdf

read upload

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No it isnt. It clearly says parking charge notice. You need to relax,  take a step back and let people on here help you. Or youll get yourself into worse bother with them.

Edited by renegadeimp

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

so the Q&A please

and they

The private fleecers who send out this toilet paper deliberately call it a PCN (parking charge notice) so motorists confuse it with a proper local authority fine, a PCN (penalty charge notice).  Read things carefully and don't fall for their tricks!

DX asked if you are in Scotland.  That's important as the law in these matters is very different between Scotland & England.

DX also asked you to complete a link, which again is important as the conmen often can't be bothered to follow the law, as their whole business model is based on getting motorists to wee themselves after receiving various silly threats, and so pay money they don't owe.  So the dates DX asked for are essential.   

Edited by FTMDave

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

But Do Not Appeal as people drop themselves in it when they do.  Better do as instructed and follow advice here, it's a waiting game.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Also please read the upload guide and only upload as a pdf (it saves on space and we can zoom in better to read the small print). We also need to see the back of that PCN, they can hide info on both sides.

Don't panic, because that's how mistakes happen and people drop themselves in the brown stuff. There's good reason for asking for all of the info that we do. They make mistakes, we spot them if we have the info, we give you the big stick to beat them with. Until we give you the stick, strictly no communication with them.

As BankFodder said - get photos. Do it now before anything changes any further. See if you can find old images too - ones with the barrier still in place (google streetview maybe?) Very important is what signs you can see from the public road on the day you parked. If there's a big sign at the entrance take a photo of it and if there isn't one take a photo to show that there isn't one.

One more question - were you a customer of Sainsbury's or just parking there?

If a customer have a pop at Sainsbury's.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

we need to know about the event and the timings of the letter through the post. We cant tell any of this from a blanked out letter where the print is too small to read so please fill out the sticky so we can see the following:

date of event

time of event

place

date on NTK

date you received NTK

photographic evidence of event

what it says uou have done wrong-overstay? failure to feed meter etc

you wot get anywhere complaining to the store but HO will probably cancel the charge but before you ask please give us the details we ask for so we can suggest what to say when you ask them to cancel. There are other issues you can raise to make success more likely so dot be in a tearing hurry to respond to Horizon

I'm sorry, I've had to hide your post because your document has your registration all over it. I can't read all of it because it's a bit blurred, but you need to cover up anything that could identify you including bar codes and so on.

You should be able to edit and repost the document, pdf  is best. Our upload guide will help you.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

ive visited the carpark today and nowhere does it state there's a new system in place unless you actually go into the 3 floors of parking.

well i drive a van with a ladder on the top so i have to park outside in the carpark.

i have taken pictures. please forgive me im not being rude or ignoring peoples suggestions 

im just not the greatest on the computer

lings chase PCN.pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to Horizon ANPR PCN - Sainsbury's kings chase shopping centre Regent Street, Kingswood BS15 8LP

pdf next time please!!

as you've been asked twice now..

if you post images directly to a post everyone [inc the opposition ] can see it

if you post as a PDF, only registered and loggin members can download them..give you a bit of security that they don't find your thread and the advice you get

and they

The moral of the story is ive left the carpark without paying and I'm sure I'll be getting another one as I've done the same thing a couple of days ago.

I'm sure I have gone to the carpark today and only sign or vinyl banner should I say was draped over the top of the carpark but its blown over itself so it was unreadable, I have taken pictures.

My question is ( I'm sure they've done everything by the book with the limited rights they have)

if I ignore this completely will I get any repercussions ?

What's the worst that can happen.

And whats likely to happen?

Thanks in advance.

bottom line is you ignore everything

until/unless you get a letter of claim from one of their favourite paper only fake/tame solicitors or you get a N1 Claimform directly from Northants bulk court.

then you comeback and tell us.

dx

and they

You're giving them way too much credit .

They never get anything right.

No ppc does.

They just rely on people like you thinking what they're doing is legit.

Follow dx and ericbrothers advice to the letter

. You're in good hands with them.

20 hours ago, Gadgybaby said:

My question is ( I'm sure they've done everything by the book with the limited rights they have)

if I ignore this completely will I get any repercussions ?

What's the worst that can happen.

And whats likely to happen?

Thanks in advance.

We are pretty sure that the haven't done everything by the book

-none of them ever appear to and why should they spend out money to comply with the various acts and requirements when the majority pay up anyway.

If you ignore them completely they will keep on writing to you asking for more money.

Then they will send in their unregulated debt collectors who you definitely ignore at all times.

Then they come back some times and very kindly offer you a reduced amount  to pay. 

You do not pay that as you actually do not owe them any money at all.

Then you get a letter from their solicitors who are just about as incompetent as they are which may include an invitation to Court . And that is when you respond.

But by that time you will have photographs of the signs  where you parked

[I understand you have them so if you could kindly post them up we can pull them apart as they rarely comply with POFA, BPA or the local Council].  And by that time we should have had the answers from you which were asked for on post 3.

So it is not until you get all your ducks in a row so that when [or if]you get a solicitors letter we can tell you how to shoot them down in flames without having to go to Court. But we do need information from you which strengthens your case. 

Another thing is to check with the Council planning department [it's often on their website] whether Horizon has applied for planning permission to erect their signs or cameras on site under the Town and Country Planning [Advertisements] Regulations. Without them their supposed contract with motorists does not exist.

Paradoxically for you perhaps, is that not having paid means that you have not accepted their terms and conditions and therefore their contract but that will not stop them chasing you as they hope you will eventually cave in and pay.

Usually this is not a short term thing but if you do not pay they have no chance of winning if they take you to Court.

They know that but hope that you don't so please provide the ammunition we need to fight them off.

'

And that letter from the solicitors could be months away. Or longer. If it ever comes.

It's akin to phishing in emails in many ways. their signage is purposely obscure in most cases, and with the information, they can be swatted away.