Training before possible start date

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1770 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wasn't sure whether is the right place to post this.  On Monday I had an interview at my local hospital and took part in half a day's training today.

However, as I had an appointment with my job advisor yesterday (Work & Health Programme) I told her about the interview and showed her the document that I received from the hospital and she said that I have a job but with no official start date I'm feeling a bit confused.

This job was for bank staff and also I am due to sign on at my job centre on Monday.

I hope all this makes sense.

bank staff is like zero hours; keep signing on until you are getting regular shifts

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Yes - NHS bank posts were the original "zero hour" contracts - you only work as and when required to do so.

Whether they count as "work" for benefits etc purposes, I don't know.

Bear in mind that you may never get to a position where you have "regular" shifts.  By its very nature, any bank work can be "irregular".  (I worked in the NHS and knew of bank staff who hardly ever worked).

Keep in contact with the trust's Bank Staff Co-ordinator and make sure they know of your availability and that you are keen to work.

EDIT:  You (probably) have a bank contract of employment, but no start date for working because that will be "as and when required".  There are no fixed hours of working - if any at all.

Edited by Manxman in exile
addition