Horrible neighbour!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1770 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Afternoon, 

It would be greatly appreciated if you ladies and gentlemen can advise me what direction I should take, my problem is since we moved to our semi house my neighbour has made our lives hell constantly whinging and also accused us of damaging her property.

Basically a blame game from her even though we have never done nothing whatsoever. She Even tried to put a anti social behaviour on me due to me refusing to pick up leaves from her garden saying the leaves belong to your trees.

She asked me to replace the fences on the boundary which is my responsibility but here is my dilemma my side of the fence which has the feather boards there’s no rotting whatsoever due to me putting wood preservative and maintaining the fences, on her side where the framework batons hold the feathered boards have rotted away and the fences have collapsed due to her negligence of not maintaining her side, even though it’s my fence where do i stand in this predicament?

she would not entertain on splitting the cost, i dare not ask. My main concern is that just recently she had her flat roof redone , my roof is pitched and there is a gap in between the both boundaries, but what her roofers have done  they have stuck the asphalt on my roof tiles without any consultation also encroaching on to my side of the boundary.

How and what way should i go about getting the asphalt off my tiles, I approached her to tell her to remove the asphalt but was rude. Legally how do i go about it, also do i have a strong case? At the  moment i am a carear for my mother who is on palliative care so i had to give up work to look after her, so my finances are low.

Please  i would look forward to your responses and suggestions thank you. 

image.jpg

Hello and welcome to CAG. I'll move your thread to the Residential and lettings forum and leave you a link to follow from the Welcome forum.

I'm sorry to hear about your neighbour problems, people should be along to advise later.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

BODGE ALERT!!!

the guys who did that roof were not roofers.

No roofer would ever dream of sticking felt on to tiles.

BODGERS!

Get a ladder and using a hot gun peel it off yourself and fold it onto her roof.

This won't damage it and won't make the roof leak (even though i'd be shocked if these bodgers managed to get a watertight roof)

We wouldn't recommend that.....:nono:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Why not?

I can't see any claim being made as the op would not touch neighbour's roof and won't damage the felt, but simply removing it from his roof and placing it in the owner's. 

Similarly if my neighbour leaves his bike in my front garden and i move it to his.

If the OP follows king’s advice and then the neighbour’s roof leaks, who do you think the neighbour will blame?

a) the dodgy “roofers” (who will be long gone),

b) the OP for “damaging a perfectly good repair” (even if they don’t damage it, and it wasn’t a good repair!), or

c) someone else

King may be technically correct, but the OP following their advice isn’t likely to end well if the neighbour is already ‘difficult’. 

Sorry the picture is not clear re boundary. Is it just the asphalt of a few inches which cover a very small part of your roof tiles.?

If it is, then I cannot see this being a problem. Putting asphalt onto tiles may have been the only affordable option for your neighbours. 

Why is this a problem ? Will it make your roof leak ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

as you didnt go out and beat the roofers into submission at the time you have accepted this and it is legal under the London Building Acts and similar legislation for just about every other major conurbation.

As your neighbour likes to moan about anything and everything just dont even stop to talk to her, keep walking.It is just noise.

Check your deeds for fence line, it may say you maintain the one to the right or whatever and if it does you replace it how you fee fit without consulting her. If she says fence man is trespassing then you remind her the law allows them to do so some as it allows roofer to enter on to your property to maintain her house

The asphalt was put on to the tiles while we were out, no consultation with me I don’t have the intention of removing it my self asI don’t want no come backs if any damage is done, legally do i have a case to get it removed by my neighbour? As i have a twin wall flue for my wood stove coming out from the roof as i have to get the flue swept yearly also my tiles have to be moved to inspect under the flashing. What is my best way to go about it do I instruct a Soliceter or get in touch with the council even though it’s private housing? Please advise 

advice already given, if it does no damage to your property them leave it alone as it is most likely legal ( for reasons given)

i would just cut the neighbour dead if accosted in the street, she cant force you to speak to her.

advised on fence as well, if it is your fence then you replace it with soemthing you like. It doesnt matter if they dont slap preservative on their side, you get to choose the  material. Yes, you can get a court order that allows you access to their gardne to paint the fence yourself buy why bother, it will be good for another 20 years and she will probably be dust by then

FENCE

My understanding of English law is that there is no requirement for any landowner to fence his own property. The only caveat to that is if there is a covenant in the title deed where the current owner would have agreed to erect/maintain a fence.

On that basis, she can moan all she likes, as legally she can't do anything.

Thinking ahead though, avoid putting anything formally in writing. If you do, then there will be a need to disclose a neighbour dispute as part of the disclosures to prospective purchasers. Whenever I have seen this, as most people will have seen 'Neighbours from Hell' they normally will walk away. Nobody wants to move next door to somebody vexatious.

On some things I am very knowledgeable, on other things I am stupid. Trouble is, sometimes I discover that the former is the latter or vice versa, and I don't know this until later - maybe even much later. Read anything I write with the above in mind.