rocky_sharma

MET windscreen PCN - disabled bay - South Ruislip ASDA located at Arla Old Dairy.

Hi there,

Today I went for shopping to South Ruislip ASDA located at Arla Old Dairy. 

Car parking was quiet and ample of spaces were there to park my car et

however I parked my car on one of the disabled badge box because that was close to the entrance and because I had two kids with me it was also convenient for me to park somewhere close to the entrance. 

Usually I park my car in other ASDA where the parking also owned by the ASDA but here I now found out that the parking is owned by Met Parking Services Ltd. 

The parking attendant stuck the parking charge notice on the front window (windscreen) of my car because there was no disabled badge displayed.

I only realised of the notice when I was half way through going back home.   

Notice also mention about the appeals procedure where I first have to appeal through their online appeal service (www.appealmetparking.com).

I would like to know if there are any chances of avoiding the charge completely or partially through the appeal (and in that case proper way to appeal) as I am a regular ASDA customer and other ASDA locations where the parking is also owned by ASDA the rules are not strictly applied and I presumed that south ruislip ASDA parking is also operated by ASDA it self which is not the case.

Looking forward to helpful responses.

Thanks,

S

Hi. I've moved you to the private parking forum for advice from the experts here.

Please don't appeal until they've had a look at your thread, it probably won't help and could make things worse.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Please complete the above

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

For a windscreen ticket (Notice To Driver) please answer the following questions....

1 The date of infringement?

Answer: 18th June 2019

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?] 

Answer:  I haven't appealed yet.

If you haven't appealed yet - ,.........

have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days]

what date is on it

Did the NTK provide photographic evidence? 

Answer: It was Parking Charge Notice to the Driver.

3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N?] 

Answer:  It was a parking charge notice and there wasn't any mention of Schedule 4 of the protection of Freedoms Act 2012.

4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK, 

did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process?

[it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances]

Answer: I haven't appealed yet.

5 Who is the parking company?

Answer: MET Parking Services Ltd.

6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park?

South Ruislip ASDA, (840) Arla old dairy 

Can any expert help me in this case please?

I need to either appeal with in 27 days or pay discounted amount otherwise I will have to pay the full amount.

no you dont

go back and read post 3 link again

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Posted (edited)

Sorry if I have not understand but I have gone back to post 3 and all I see is list of questions which I have answered in the post after.

Do you mean that I do not need to pay any charge?

I guess mine was notice to keeper without photographic evidence and without the mention of Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 

The notice also stats that I should not ignore it or else they can contact dvla to pursue payment.

Edited by rocky_sharma
to add more information

no it says get your cars  keeper details from the DVLA...payment is nowt to do with the DVLA

its a speculative invoice...

if you read that link post 3 it gives you a timeframe when the notice to keeper should arrive

that's you next step ...WAIT for it.

there are 1000's of threads here to read

you'll soon get the idea

use our search top right  

MET PCN

you dont have to appeal at all, if you appeal within the time then you lose the protection of the POFA and identify yourself as the driver and save them a fiver on the next letter.

You keep your mouth shut for the moment and see if they send you a NTK within the allowed times which are between 29 and 56 days after the date of the event. that letter must contain key phrases and information or it isnt valid.

MET get it wrong stop panicking and ignore what they say and take note of the advice given here.

No such thing as disabled spaces on private land other than in  the council planning dept mind. there is no paintwork or sign that is prescribed and the BB scheme doesnt apply to private land EXCEPT in Scotland, where it can be enforced by the council with the landowners permission.

Thanks dx and ericsborther that give me some piece of mind so I will wait until I get NTK within the allowed times.