BankFodder BankFodder

rocky_sharma

MET windscreen PCN - disabled bay - ASDA Arla Old Dairy.South Ruislip

Again to reiterate,

there is no defined signage for disabled parking on private land in England and Wales ( different in some cases in scotland) and the blue badge scheme doesnt apply either.

They have also failed to follow the protocols of the POFA.

If you look back over past threads you will find a case where a parking co took a motorist to court for parking without displaying a BB and they lost.

Another case brought to court by a council also ended up the same way because the signage is deficient in its terms as there isnt such an enforceable condition as expressed by the general blurb they all use as it doesnt apply to any particular place.

the only way they could get it to stick is to have a sign expressing all of the parking terms in every parking space that is designated for such parking.

in short, some paint on the floor depicting some kind of go- kart doesnt cut it even if there is signage elsewhere.

Thank you @ericsbrother for your last response.

Just to inform the next event in my case here yesterday I have received the letter from Debt Recovery Plus about paying parking charge of £170.00 and if I don't pay it by 22/11/2019 then they will recommend MET to take court action against me. 

I recommend that you use DAZ to wash your clothes but I wont charge you £170 for this because I cant

Same applies to them

I received another letter from DRP (recovery agent) around 10th Jan 2020 with notice of intended court action again, if I don't pay £170 parking charge by 21st Jan 2020.  Letter also mentions that if MET takes court action against me and if they win they may ask the court to order that I pay their court fees, solicitor's costs as well as parking charge.

On 07/10/2019 at 22:02, dx100uk said:

so what...

not a letter of claim

so ignore

as post 38

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

you alrady know that DR+ are rentathreats and will tell you that they will give your granny herpes if you dont pay up of someone pays them to say that, they have no interest in anything and no morals

received letter from DR+ again today but this time they mentioned that they have advised MET to now take court action against me to recover the amount outstanding. 

They also mentioned that to avoid the cost and inconvenience of court MET has proposed to extend the payment deadline for a further 14 days means I should pay the outstanding amount by 05/02/2020 or can set up three months instalment plan before this date.

At this point the only question I have is when this goes to court are all the communications will be through letters or will there be scenario that I may have to go to court? 

the reason being It's hard to manage in busy life so it is important for me know this.

They need to send a proper Letter Before Claim/Action giving 30 days along with Pre Action Protocol forms, which you ignore and send an ericsbrother snotty letter instead to the tame solicitor that sent it.  DRP are not solicitors so I would ignore it

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

you are now an old hand at this so you should know all about DR+ and other dca's or rentathreats by now.

if you dont then you need to read at least the last 1000 threads so you do understand.

In the meanwhile stop fretting about things that arent happening and will probably never happen.

prepare for them but dont lose any sleep over things

On 10/10/2019 at 18:07, ericsbrother said:

If you look back over past threads you will find a case where a parking co took a motorist to court for parking without displaying a BB and they lost.

@ericsbrother - I looked at some of the past threads but those are either incomplete or still on going but for the one you mentioned above is there any chance for you to provide me link please?

Many Thanks.

Edited by rocky_sharma

On 17/02/2020 at 22:10, rocky_sharma said:

@ericsbrother - I looked at some of the past threads but those are either incomplete or still on going but for the one you mentioned above is there any chance for you to provide me link please?

Many Thanks.

As much as I wish to help I do not have the time to always do these searches so you must take the time to do so yourself. It will then stick in your mind as well.