MET windscreen PCN - disabled bay - ASDA Arla Old Dairy.South Ruislip

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I received another letter from DRP (recovery agent) around 10th Jan 2020 with notice of intended court action again, if I don't pay £170 parking charge by 21st Jan 2020. 

Letter also mentions that if MET takes court action against me and if they win they may ask the court to order that I pay their court fees, solicitor's costs as well as parking charge.

On 07/10/2019 at 22:02, dx100uk said:

so what...

not a letter of claim

so ignore

as post 38

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

received letter from DR+ again today but this time they mentioned that they have advised MET to now take court action against me to recover the amount outstanding. 

They also mentioned that to avoid the cost and inconvenience of court MET has proposed to extend the payment deadline for a further 14 days means I should pay the outstanding amount by 05/02/2020 or can set up three months instalment plan before this date.

At this point the only question I have is when this goes to court are all the communications will be through letters or will there be scenario that I may have to go to court? 

the reason being It's hard to manage in busy life so it is important for me know this.

They need to send a proper Letter Before Claim/Action giving 30 days along with Pre Action Protocol forms, which you ignore and send an ericsbrother snotty letter instead to the tame solicitor that sent it.  DRP are not solicitors so I would ignore it

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

you are now an old hand at this so you should know all about DR+ and other dca's or rentathreats by now.

if you dont then you need to read at least the last 1000 threads so you do understand.

In the meanwhile stop fretting about things that arent happening and will probably never happen.

prepare for them but dont lose any sleep over things

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/10/2019 at 18:07, ericsbrother said:

If you look back over past threads you will find a case where a parking co took a motorist to court for parking without displaying a BB and they lost.

@ericsbrother - I looked at some of the past threads but those are either incomplete or still on going but for the one you mentioned above is there any chance for you to provide me link please?

Many Thanks.

Edited by rocky_sharma

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

On 17/02/2020 at 22:10, rocky_sharma said:

@ericsbrother - I looked at some of the past threads but those are either incomplete or still on going but for the one you mentioned above is there any chance for you to provide me link please?

Many Thanks.

As much as I wish to help I do not have the time to always do these searches so you must take the time to do so yourself. It will then stick in your mind as well.

I read the below post today where the issue was related to Disabled Bay Parking and person used POPLA to appeal and won successfully. 

I wonder if I would have gone on the same route there was a chance for me too to get out of this successfully.

The basis on which person won the appeal was because Notice to Keeper does not comply with Schedule 4 of the POFA 2012,  this also applies in my case.   

Although in my case I had to first appeal to MET and then POPLA not sure it was applicable in below case where parking company involved was Euro Car Parks.

and exactly when did you receive the N1 court claim form?

you havent and nor have you received the precursor to that, a proper letter before action

have you read the POFA and if so you will know the time for appealing passed by over 6 months ago so why are you now wetting your pants over nothing? you know that DCA letters are bog paper

this is the time to learn a few things.

By all means ask questions but you must at least show us somehting concrete that we can work with because at the moment they are doing nothing to harm you.

@rocky_sharma

Fame at last!!

Dunno how much help it would be in your case, but I could try digging out the txt of my defence if you think it might be relevant to your defence. We might hafta do this via PM, then e-mail though if ya wanna go down that route.

Good luck with yours anyway mate.

if you mean this thread.

I think its in there?

and they

On 22/02/2020 at 22:23, rocky_sharma said:

I read the below post today where the issue was related to Disabled Bay Parking and person used POPLA to appeal and won successfully. 

I wonder if I would have gone on the same route there was a chance for me too to get out of this successfully.

I suggested that you appeal to POPLA at the beginning of October.

Also don't forget that you submitted an appeal to MET arguing that you were not parked for longer than the grace period which was a lie.

That appeal can be produced as evidence in court so if you change your grounds to defend a claim now, you are at risk of exposing that lie in court.

Lying in court is perjury so you need to be careful not to get caught out lying. 

@Will Goodfellow  what do you define as a grace period? 10 minutes,  30 minutes or 1 hour?  

remember they haven't responded to my letter either. 

I don't think this is anything about lie. 

While they haven't followed POFA protocol does it matter if I mention about grace period?

What a silly comment to make

no-one can prove within or outwith 10 mins.

no evidence.

so not a lie.

Dx

and they

5 hours ago, rocky_sharma said:

@Will Goodfellow  what do you define as a grace period? 10 minutes...

Yes, usually 10 minutes is considered to be reasonable. You already argued that you only parked within the grace period.

5 hours ago, dx100uk said:

no evidence.

How do you know that for certain?

There may be time stamped photographs or CCTV.

Edited by Will Goodfellow

you didn't read the thread fully last time you made those silly comments here...

do we really have to waste time pointing out what you should be reading.....

@ericsbrother Posted July 29, 2019 ...  very last line

@rocky_sharma Posted July 29, 2019 attached pixs pdf

can we move on now please...your dislike for people parking in disabled bays is duly noted, but trying to derail a thread because of that is not fair on the op...

and they

I've read all of the it @dx100uk, I'm trying to be constructive as always, not derail the thread.

While the defence to a money claim may be on different grounds to the appeal, the appeal is still relevant to the claim.

The judge is likely to question what attempts at resolution have taken place before the claim and the appeal was one attempt.

There has been some evidence produced of parking but that may not be all of it.

My point was that @rocky_sharma should be prepared to answer questions about the grounds for the appeal.

Will, he cant appeal to POPLA because MET didnt follow the proper procedure and consider and them reject his appeal so removing his right ot use that process.

It also means that IF MET decide to take the matter to court - the court can order the case to be looked at by the independent adjudicator as an ADR, wasting MET's money and still not be binding upon the OP at the end of that process.

any way, he still isnt being taken to court he is just panicking again because he hasnt been taken to court

• 2 weeks later...

I would not bother...its not important issue at all

and they

On 08/03/2020 at 16:05, rocky_sharma said:

@Will Goodfellow  you didn't make any clarification on they not responding to my letter.  I think if they respond means what I said can also be looked at as right argument.  If they think person has lied then they also must respond to prove it. is that not the case?

will you stop panicking and just sit on your hands like the rest of the people in your position.

There are many here who are much further down the road than you and the advice to them is the same, you WAIT for a proper LBA and then respond to that