MET windscreen PCN - disabled bay - ASDA Arla Old Dairy.South Ruislip

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have amended the last two para as below.

My challenge is on the basis that my car was not parked up for more than the grace period, as prescribed in the BPA code of practice and referred to in the BEAVIS decision, whilst reading the signage.  

For this reason, I now expect you to cancel this improperly issued charge forthwith.

@ericsbrother  sorry if I have misunderstood,  is this how you mean it should be?  I am surely not much familiar to the legal terms and meaning that comes out it.

My challenge is on the basis that my car was not parked up for more than the grace period whilst reading the signage as prescribed in the BPA code of practice and referred to in the BEAVIS decision.  

For this reason, I now expect you to cancel this improperly issued charge forthwith.

yes, that is it.

get a Proof of Posting receipt for the post office when you post it, they are free.That will show you sent the appeal to them in time to the correct address (the other address isnt legal) and they may very well trip over themselves on this simple point

Edited by ericsbrother

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

and that may well be the last you hear of it with any luck.

I had that from Highview regading a demand made from Mrs E and me telling them where to go regarding permissions. It has been quiet for months now despite them promising to come back with more threrats after 14 days if I didnt change my mind and cross their palms with silver

• 1 month later...

When I thought that it is almost over today I have got Parking Charge Notice Reminder from MET mentioning the charge of £100 remain outstanding

and that the charge needs to be paid within 14 days of the letter (4th Oct 2019) to avoid escalating through the instruction of solicitors/debt recovery agents to secure immediate payment or the issuing of court proceedings.

They also mentioned that the independent appeal service, POPLA is no longer available.

so what...

not a letter of claim

so ignore

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Is there no mention of your informal appeal?

Until that has been rejected your right to appeal to POPLA still stands.

You should have paid the £60, it's already increased to £100 which you will still owe when your appeal is rejected.

Lying about your length of stay in the disabled bay isn't going to do you any favours, if none of you were disabled, you shouldn't have parked there.

its a private carpark and a speculative invoice.

there is no such thing as disabled bays or otherwise that are enforceable ,they are purely made of tarmac graffiti, regardless to anytime spent in them or not.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No its  Signage and grace period Wil, other thing is that disabled bays are courtesy on Private Land not enforceable, so to you if I dropped a disabled passenger off and had to use a disabled bay for 5 minutes to let them out and get the wheelchair, then i left so actually didn't park per se  i should get a ticket for not displaying a blue badge as the passenger had left it at home?

The lack of consideration of the appeal could bite them later.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Ok so what shall I do at this point,  ignore the notice or send some communication?

how long do I need to do this? 

Do I have to keep doing this until this goes to court?

and in that scenario how would I defend my self is there any form that I will have to use?

also does the fact that they sent me the last communication after 28 days of the previous one can that help here?

Will this cost me if the case goes to court? 

rocky

stop panicking

and stop being panicked by people that have obviously not read any other threads in this forum to self research what the process is they must comply with and how you then respond if a letter of claim from a fake/tame paperwork only solicitor appear, that's if they even bother to use a solicitor...

dx

and they

not been reading up since june ray??

and they

same as above

if you'd been self helping you'd know speculative invoice don't show on credit files

however, should you fail to reply to a letter of claim, then they could go for a CCJ which if undefended or you lost can show and kill credit yes.

and they

Relax think about it, they are likely to lose a defended claim, you are falling into their trap, whereby they think that by increasing the non debt will make you wet yourself and pay up.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Again to reiterate,

there is no defined signage for disabled parking on private land in England and Wales ( different in some cases in scotland) and the blue badge scheme doesnt apply either.

They have also failed to follow the protocols of the POFA.

If you look back over past threads you will find a case where a parking co took a motorist to court for parking without displaying a BB and they lost.

Another case brought to court by a council also ended up the same way because the signage is deficient in its terms as there isnt such an enforceable condition as expressed by the general blurb they all use as it doesnt apply to any particular place.

the only way they could get it to stick is to have a sign expressing all of the parking terms in every parking space that is designated for such parking.

in short, some paint on the floor depicting some kind of go- kart doesnt cut it even if there is signage elsewhere.

• 1 month later...

Thank you @ericsbrother for your last response.

Just to inform the next event in my case here yesterday

I have received the letter from Debt Recovery Plus about paying parking charge of £170.00 and if I don't pay it by 22/11/2019 then they will recommend MET to take court action against me.