• Tweets

• Hi, In my last post I mentioned I had received an email from SS who were asking me to hand over the keys to my mother’s flat so they could pass them to the Law firm who have been appointed court of protection to access, secure and insure my mother’s property.  Feeling this, all quickly getting out of my hands I emailed ss requesting proof of this. I HAVEN’T HEARD BACK FROM SS.  Yesterday, I received an email (with attached court of protection order) from the Law Firm confirming this was correct (please see below a copy of this).  After reading the court of protection order I do have some concerns about it:   (a)   I only found out yesterday, the Law firm had been appointed by the court back in January.  Up until now, I have not received any notification regarding this.  (b)   Section 2   - States I am estranged from my mother.  This is NOT CORRECT    The only reason I stepped back from my mother was to protect myself from the guy (groomer) who had befriended her & was very aggressive towards me & because of my mother’s dementia she had become aggressive also.  I constantly tried to warned SS about this guy's manipulative behaviour towards my mother and his increasing aggressiveness towards me (as mentioned in previous posts).  Each time I was ignored.  Instead, SS encouraged his involvement with my mother – including him in her care plans and mental health assessments.   I was literally pushed out because I feared him and my mother’s increasing aggression towards me. Up until I stepped back, I had always looked after my mother and since her admission to the care home, I visit regularly.   .(c)    Sections -  4, 5 and 7  I am struggling to understand these as I don’t have a legal background.  I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to explain what they mean.  It’s been a horrendous situation where I had to walk away from my mother at her most vulnerable because of; ss (not helping), scammer and groomer. I have no legal background, nor experience in highly manipulative people or an understanding of how the SS system operates, finding myself isolated, scared and powerless to the point I haven’t collected my personal belongings and items for my mother’s room in the care home.  Sadly, the court has only had heard one version of this story SS’s, and based their decision on that. My mother’s situation and the experience I have gone through could happen to anyone who has a vulnerable parent.    If anyone any thoughts on this much appreciated.  Thank you. ______________________________________________________  (Below is the Court of Protection Order)  COURT OF PROTECTION                                                                                                                                                                                   No xxx  MENTAL CAPACITY ACT 2005 In the matter of Name xxx ORDER Made by  Depty District Judge At xxx Made on xxx Issued on 18 January 2024  WHEREAS  1.     xxx Solicitors, Address xxx  ("Applicant”) has applied for an order under the Mental Capacity Act 2005.  2.     The Court notes (my mother) is said to be estranged from all her three children and only one, (me) has been notified.  3.     (Me) was previously appointed as Atorney for Property and Affairs for (my mother).  The Exhibity NAJ at (date) refers to (me) and all replacement Attorneys are now officially standing down.  4.     Pursuant to Rule 9.10 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 and Practice Direction 9B the Applicant 2must seek to identify at least three persons who are likely to have an interest in being notified that an application has been issues.”  The children of (my mother), and any other appointed attorneys are likely to have an interest in the application, because of the nature of relationship to (my mother).  5.     The Court considers that the notification requirements are an important safeguard for the person in respect of whom an order is sought.  6.     The Court notes that it is said that the local authority no longer has access to (my mother’s) Property.  7.     Further information is required for the Court to determine the application.  IT IS ORDERED THAT  Within 28 days of the issue date this order, the Applicant shall file a form COP24 witness statement confirming that the other children of (my mother) and any replacement attorneys have been notified of the application and shall confirm their name, address, and date upon which those persons were notified.  If the Applicant wishes the Court to dispense with any further notification, they should file a COP9 and COP24 explaining, what steps (if any) have been taken to attempt notification and why notification should be dispensed with.   Pending the determination of the application to appoint a deputy for (my mother), the Applicant is authorised to take such steps as are proportionate and necessary to access, secure and insure the house and property of (my mother).   This order was made without a hearing and without notice.  Any person affected by this order may apply within 21 days of the date on which the order was served to have the order set aside or varied pursuant to Rule 13.4 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 (“the Rules”).  Such application must be made on Form COP9 and in accordance with Part 10 Rules.              
    • Unless I've got an incorrect copy of the relevant regulation: The PCN is only deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch "unless the contrary is proved" in which case date of delivery does matter (not just date of posting) and I would like clarification of the required standard of proof. It seems perhaps this hasn't been tested. Since post is now barcoded for the Post Office's own tracking purposes perhaps there is some way I can get that evidence from the Post Office...
    • I would say You should accept it - I HIGHLY doubt you will  be able to claim for letters at trial ans they’re offering you that, which is higher monetary value than interest.   Also they raise a good point, getting interest at anything above 4% is lucky these days, yes judges give it, but rarily above 4%   Also you might find depending on the judge  you don’t get some costs if you take it all the way over £7.40 when court woukdnt award letters costs and thus meaning their award would be less than evris offer which was made    Up to you though but the wait will be 3-4mo for a trial date at least
    • Hi Folks, Been 162 days! Just by way of update. Today I received a text from Opos Ltd so no doubt Capquest are renting the debt out to anybody who fancies a nibble. Safe to say I will not be responding.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

MET windscreen PCN - disabled bay - ASDA Arla Old Dairy.South Ruislip

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 212 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Today I went for shopping to South Ruislip ASDA located at Arla Old Dairy. 

Car parking was quiet and ample of spaces were there to park my car et

however I parked my car on one of the disabled badge box because that was close to the entrance and because I had two kids with me it was also convenient for me to park somewhere close to the entrance. 

Usually I park my car in other ASDA where the parking also owned by the ASDA but here I now found out that the parking is owned by Met Parking Services Ltd. 

The parking attendant stuck the parking charge notice on the front window (windscreen) of my car because there was no disabled badge displayed.

I only realised of the notice when I was half way through going back home.   

Notice also mention about the appeals procedure where I first have to appeal through their online appeal service (www.appealmetparking.com).

I would like to know if there are any chances of avoiding the charge completely or partially through the appeal (and in that case proper way to appeal) as I am a regular ASDA customer and other ASDA locations where the parking is also owned by ASDA the rules are not strictly applied and I presumed that south ruislip ASDA parking is also operated by ASDA it self which is not the case.

Looking forward to helpful responses.

Thanks,

S

Please complete the above

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

For a windscreen ticket (Notice To Driver) please answer the following questions....

1 The date of infringement?Answer: 18th June 2019

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?] 

Answer:  I haven't appealed yet.

have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days]

what date is on it

Did the NTK provide photographic evidence? Answer: It was Parking Charge Notice to the Driver.

3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N?] 

Answer:  It was a parking charge notice and there wasn't any mention of Schedule 4 of the protection of Freedoms Act 2012.

4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK, 

did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process?

[it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances]

Answer: I haven't appealed yet.

5 Who is the parking company?

Answer: MET Parking Services Ltd.

6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park?

South Ruislip ASDA, (840) Arla old dairy 

Can any expert help me in this case please?

I need to either appeal with in 27 days or pay discounted amount otherwise I will have to pay the full amount.

• dx100uk changed the title to MET windscreen PCN - disabled bay - South Ruislip ASDA located at Arla Old Dairy.

no you dont

go back and read post 3 link again

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry if I have not understand but I have gone back to post 3 and all I see is list of questions which I have answered in the post after.

Do you mean that I do not need to pay any charge?

I guess mine was notice to keeper without photographic evidence and without the mention of Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 

The notice also states that I should not ignore it or else they can contact dvla to pursue payment.

no it says get your cars  keeper details from the DVLA...payment is nowt to do with the DVLA

its a speculative invoice...

if you read that link post 3 it gives you a timeframe when the notice to keeper should arrive

that's you next step ...WAIT for it.

there are 1000's of threads here to read

you'll soon get the idea

use our search top right  

MET PCN

and they

you dont have to appeal at all, if you appeal within the time then you lose the protection of the POFA and identify yourself as the driver and save them a fiver on the next letter.

You keep your mouth shut for the moment and see if they send you a NTK within the allowed times which are between 29 and 56 days after the date of the event. that letter must contain key phrases and information or it isnt valid.

MET get it wrong stop panicking and ignore what they say and take note of the advice given here.

No such thing as disabled spaces on private land other than in  the council planning dept mind.

there is no paintwork or sign that is prescribed and the BB scheme doesnt apply to private land EXCEPT in Scotland, where it can be enforced by the council with the landowners permission.

• 1 month later...

I am back as I today have got Notice to registered keeper showing parking charge amount due now is £100.

What shall I do now? ignore or appeal?

Please see below my answers now that I have received NTK.

1 The date of infringement?

Answer: 18th June 2019

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?] 

Answer:  I haven't appealed yet.

If you haven't appealed yet - ,.........

have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days]

what date is on it

Answer: couldn't find the date however I received it today (22nd July 2019)

Did the NTK provide photographic evidence? 

Answer: Yes, although it only shows the number plate of my car.

3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N?] 

Answer:  No.  

4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK, 

did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process?

[it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances]

Answer: I haven't appealed yet.

5 Who is the parking company?

Answer: MET Parking Services Ltd.

6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park?

South Ruislip ASDA, (840) Arla old dairy 

Please also see the attached copy of the NTK that I have received.

Scan 22 Jul 2019.pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to MET windscreen PCN - disabled bay - ASDA Arla Old Dairy.South Ruislip

safe wait now

if you go that way again

get full CLEAR pix of ALL the signs and the tiny print

where they are situated and from the perspective of if you can see a sign before you enter the private property

get pix of the 'disabled' bay you used its signs there and the tarmac graffiti.

just remember , there is NO such thing as disabled parking on private land

and a blue badge even if you had one, again means nothing on private land

dx

and they

the photographic evidence they offer failes to satisfy the POFA as it could never indicate the supposed breach as blue badges arent affixed to the number plate and if they ahev other images of the breach then they should have provided them in the NTK.

theoretically that is enough to make them fail to create a liability but i know of no case where that has been tested.

the big sign says see other signs, terms and conditions apply blah blah.

that menas the first thing you see is an invitation to treat so you are invited to park and consider the other offers but are not obliged to accept them.

Nothing to say iof you dont accpet the actual contract you have to leave within 10 minutes for example ( till not binding but al least intention is clearer).

So parking in a bay that has no legal status whilst you go and read the signs and then decide you dont want to be bound by its eronerous terms so you moved to another place but got ticketed whilst you were studying the signs would also kill their claim.

What to do?

You could appeal and state that your vehicle was only there whist the driver got out to read the signs and then returned within 5 minutes, moved the car elsewhere within the grace period so no breach exists.

probably get rejected but will waste their time and money.

Appeal in writing and send it to the actual registered business address rather than the PO Box number they want you to use

And of course if you did stop your car to read the signs that would not be classified as parking.

There was a case recently when a Judge tried to define what parking was and wasn't.

I think it was about a woman unloading something from her car to take into her flat.

I have just found the case-

http://nebula.wsimg.com/f6d657adf7df70d27e1dd285688b5701?AccessKeyId=4CB8F2392A09CF228A46&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

• Like 1

The original case according to that Appeal Judgment  was decided "On The papers", so it shows that defending in every case is only way not to be fleeced.

Certainly helps clarify Unloading and Parking so should be persuasive in similar circumstances.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

that wasnt a case I was thinking about and it also misses the requiremnt of the parking co to give a minimum of 10 minutes grace period, which is the point being made in this instance.

The case found by lookingforinfo defines what is within the parking contract given to a company by the landowner( though they never saw it as the managing agents trousered the cash in exchange for the job) and the appeal judge decided that this wasnt in their remit.

being an appeal it carries more clout so if the push comes to the shove you should take note.

Have a good trawl through the Parking pranksters blog and I'm sure you will find  a coupls of relevnt cases where the grace period and acceptance of contractual terms are examined

so, appeal using the argument that you werent parked up for more than the grace period whilst reading the signage and then went elsewhere (within the car park) or say nothing and see what they do next.

As said, the only advantage to the appeal is to waste their time and money as you wont be using the same argument if it gets to court

Thanks to all of you for providing all the suggestions and information so far.   

Now if I want to appeal is there a format that I should be using. 

Below are the two ways I found from NTK to appeal which one I shall use.

1) The NTK stats that there is online appeal service at www.appealmetparking.com

2) As suggested above send written appeal to the head office (not the one with P.O. Box).

There is also mention of using POPLA (Independent Appeals Services) but this only happens after making appeal directly to MET first.

After reading all the suggestion and by trying to be more proactive (While thinking about end result)

what are the chances of successfully getting rid to this charge. 

Is there a chance of failing in this case and will that cost me a huge amount?

@ericsborther I will probably use the last suggestion you gave for appeal as it is more aligned to my situation.

very good chance of appeal 

no it wont cost you anything more 

though ofcourse they will claim it is.

very best idea is to read lots of pcn threads here 

and they

I have also logged in to the website provided on the NTK to see what photographic evidence they have and attached is what I found.   Is providing only one photo in NTK with no clear evidence of parking at disable badge still against POFA?

While searching for similar issue I found case which closely resembles mine (with title "Excel Parking operator pictures PCN Disabled Parking at Peel Centre Stockport") however I can see that this case has been there since May still going on after 2 and half months so looks like there is a high chance of getting this letters for a long time before it goes to court.

Scan 29 Jul 2019-edited.pdf

they dont want to do court becasue it costs them time and money and they will lose a well defended case.

if you want to solve this quickly then you cant fight it BUT send the flippant appeal suggested and see what happens,

they will have to respond

( usually with a cut and paste letter that fails to meet the requirements of the law)

and then you can appeal to POPLA and waste their money

( they pay £27 for the appeal so if everyone appealed every ticket and then didnt pay up even if POPLA says the ioperator is right they would soon go bust)

and that result still isnt binding on you.

It can take a couple of years for these things to sort themselves out

so dont be afraid of the ticking clock,

they rely on your desire to conclude this to pressure you into paying up.

@Ericsbrother can you please also let me know which way I should use from the ones I mentioned in my previous response for the appeal?

Online seems to be quicker but I need your suggestion.

Edited by rocky_sharma

use first sentence of post 13.

You could appeal and state that your vehicle was only there whist the driver got out to read the signs and then returned within 5 minutes, moved the car elsewhere within the grace period so no breach exists.

Nothing more at this stage, you are only writing to MET and they arent going to take any notice of your appeal whatsoever

You also need to pay very careful attention to what is written both here and in the shower of letters you will receive from the parking cowboys and their pet gorillas as the devil is in the detail.

i would WRITE the appeal and send it to their registered company address rather than use the online form or their PO box address. You can clobber them later for procedural matters and use that to rubbish anything else they then say.

@ericsbrother,  I have prepared the attached letter for the appeal.  Let me know if you think it requires any amendments.

[My address]

[Parking company address]

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Reference: [Parking Charge Notice number:
Date of issue:
Vehicle registration:]

I am writing to formally challenge the above Parking Charge Notice.

On [date] my vehicle was issued with a Parking Charge Notice for the reason of No Disabled Badge.

My challenge is on the basis that my car was not parked up for more than the grace period whilst reading the signage.

For this reason, I look forward to receiving notification within 28 days that the Parking Charge Notice has been cancelled.

Yours faithfully,

[My name and signature]

don't post docx all your pers details are in file properties

and they

you add to this after "grace period" as prescribed in the BPA code of practice and referred to in the BEAVIS decision  and after " whilst reading the signage" so is binding upon you.

You dont give them 28 days to respond you say  "I now expect you to cancel this improperly issued charge forthwith" instead.

they will say that parking in a disabled bay isnt covered but it is, it is one fo the terms on the signs so has to be covered or there is no contract.