Intrum and default for unauthorised HSBC overdraft

Jase1982
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1768 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right part of the forum to ask this but I have a default on my credit report for an old HSBC current account dating back to 2015.  The default has been placed by Intrum Finance.

My question is that I thought a default is usually for something where a credit agreement existed?  Can they list a default for a current account where there was no agreement in place?

Thanks in advance,

Yes Jase a default can be registered for current accounts that attract an overdraft...although the default would have placed by HSBC not Intrum Finance.There name would have been added when HSBC assigned the debt to them.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

was the default date correct in as much as one that coincided with them sending you a letter saying they are freezing the account?

What is happening nowadays is banks and debt buyers are not correctly registering the default at the time so as to stretch the time the debt is "live" as to make the time it becomes SB well into the future rather than 6 year after you were last asked for the money.

A court decided that this was legal and proper so start to expect any errant account to be delayed for almost 6 years before a default is registered

• dx100uk changed the title to Intrum and default for unauthorised HSBC overdraft