Jess85

Historic credit file info for PDL reclaims

Hi there - just wondering if there is any way of accessing years-old credit reports? I paid for an Experian account at various times on an off over the last 10 years, but each time there is a break in the subscription, the history obviously ended. I'd really like to be able to look at my credit score historically but there doesn't seem to be a way to do this? Or is there?

Thank you!

Afraid not ...they only go back 6 years in line with the DPA and Limitations Act...once it’s stopped being reported by lenders. The Data Protection Act prevents companies from keeping data longer than they need it, which means repayment history will be held for six years once an account has been closed or settled, but address and contact information for longer if they deem it necessary.

A DSAR request is the only way to possibly go further back with each creditor...or historic paperwork you may have retained over the years.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread