Jump to content

 

BankFodder BankFodder


SpeedyCBR1100

Cabot/Hassall CCJ - Morgan Stanley Dean Witter Sainsbury card - chasing payment i stopped

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 210 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi again.  I've received a letter from Cabot which states they can't provide any information unless I send them a copy of photo id.  Can they do that?  I sent a copy of my current council tax bill and a copy of the letter from WH with the SAR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nope 

how do they know what you look like to compare it against?

how do they know what your signature looks like to compare it [or lift it onto fake paperwork.]

 

ignore them 

see what WH reply with.

 

dx

 

 

 


..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they are just being awkward to waste time.

You should read their EU enabling bumf that made the GDPR and what the company is obliged to do to comply.

 

You can ask for your personal data via a phone call so how are they going to say that a photo ID is needed?

All they need is to know that you are who you say you are so posting out the data to the address they hold for you is enough to fulfil the law, no bells and whistles.

 

You can write to them and say that if they dont send the stuff you will report te to the ICO for their refusal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to close this, thank you for all your help. 

I did panic a little when I got the first threatogram and you helped to allay my fears. 

 

WH have agreed to accept a small monthly payment and I'm not going to argue. 

Thanks again, but I will leave the SAR's running and will get back when I receive the results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seriously question the wisdom of paying them?

how did you agree to this

not over  the phone I hope!!


..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do you  question the wisdom of paying them?  Andyorch  on the previous  page  advises exactly this course of action.  To me, it removes the hassle (see what I did there) of it hanging over my head.  For your further information,  it was done by mail and I have their confirmation in writing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it was the other comment too...we don't even know if cabot were even the  original claimant.

they might not even have the legal power to demand/accept payment and all you are doing is giving them free money when no debt exists anymore to anyone as they cant even enforce it

esp if the don't hold the relevant judgement paperwork at all or even in their name.

 

pers i'd have ceased payment and let them threaten, then they must prove correct assignment or judgement or whatever to enforce it via an AEO or alike

and you can put them to strict proof.

 


..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you ask for a full set of statements of payments against the judgment ?

 

With regards to payments...this is a Judgment...which you maintain has always been with Cabot....if you stop payments completely you risk them executing the judgment further...it wont go away... irrespective of its age and the fact that you have been making payments.

 

I think you have done the right thing...but get those statements then you can work out the balance and how long left to pay.

 

Andy


We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

 

 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

 

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still have the SAR requests in progress. When I see them, I should be able to tell whether they have a case.  In the interim it may cost as much as £30.  I judge that to be worth the lack of pressure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...