style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1774 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had credit card with saga,they no longer deal with allied Irish bank so they have sold the card.They are now using a debt management company to collect payment.

the information has been appalling.No longer can we pay minimum payment or just above.

They treat is as a fixed payment.

For example my monthly payment this month 115.00 they suggested 200.00.Also they class this as an arrangement to pay and have sent I and e form.

i have never missed a payment or been late but now fee, they think I cannot afford my finances.

What are my rights can anyone enlighten me please

you mean its been sold to a DCA.

who

when did you take the card out please?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It has been outsourced to link financial they are a DMC  

They seemed surprised when I refused income a d expenditure and that the account is  not in arrears. Saga just happened to stop dealing 28 th March 2019 day before Brexit.

To top it all I they said they would,d collect the last payment to them 29 May 2019, my due date is 5th so I called them 3rd June said I hadn't heard from new company and didn't want to be recorded as missed payment. They refused the payment stated I needed to wait for contact then marked me as overdue payment. That cant be right.

why do you need to link something?

answer post 2 q's please

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

stop calling a powerless DCA!!

they are not bailiffs

when did you take this card out?

did you get a notice of assignment?

and they

so how come link have gotten ahold of it then?

sounds like saga has sold your debt to LInk 

they are a debt buyer

have you any letters from link at all?

and they

And they have zero rights to be demanding anything from you. The only people legally allowed to ask for an income and expenditure sheet from you are the courts, council tax or HMRC. Certainly not some jumped up call centre like Link Financial.

That is why you should never ever speak to them by phone, their agents have training to intimidate people into making commitments that are not in your advantage, and they have no legal right to be doing.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Did Saga terminate the agreement ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

If I can explain,

Our Saga credit card has run as Normal.

Saga used allied Irish bank.

Saga sent a letter in January saying as from 28 March 2019 they would no longer be using Allied Irish Bank and that they would no longer be servicing the card.

At that time they did not know who they were handing the card over to.

After many telephone calls to them we received a letter middle of May 2018 stating it had been sold to a company LRC who use an out sourcing company to collect payment. They said the last payments that SAGA would collect would be 28 May from then on we would pay the new company.

I called Saga and asked how to make my payment as it would be due on 5 JUne 219.

They said wait for the new company to make contact as the new company would be taking over the payments from 11 June 2019.

I pointed out that this would make me behind by 5 days, I was told not to worry it wouldn't go against me.

Then I get a statement 2 days later with a missed payment on.

I called again and was line was dead I called the main Saga line.

I was given the number the new company which I called.

This was apparently Link Financial who went straight down the route of DMC saying they could make a payment arrangement.

I was indignant said NO not a payment arrangement I just want to make a normal payment, I was not in arrears or missed payments.

They took my monthly payment then told me this will be a regular fixed amount until the balance clears.

Then I get a letter stating this arrangement is for 12 months subject to financial review and another letter suggesting £200 per month. 

This is now as far as I am concerned being treated as a loan and I am worried about my credit file being affetected.

There is no assignment letter etc.

I realise firms can assign loans however to change the payment type amount etc cant be right.

Looking for pointers how to handle.

Feel like going to watch dog

Well Link are not a creditor...so the agreement has now been terminated and only valid for payment only...you exiting payment arrangement still stands as per terms and conditions of the Saga agreement....5% as a minimum payment or whatever.

Saga should have notified you in writing that the agreement has been terminated and the amount assigned to link.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread