Moneybarn charges and default notice

dottymcdotty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1715 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No not for unlawful fees

You need to do as post 68

Take control!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Submit a further N244 and request a hearing to stop their action.

It doesn't matter how many times you have been to court before.

It doesn't matter how many broken arrangements you have, nor how high your arrears are, you are allowed to apply as many times as you like.

Each application should ideally be based on new information.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

the plot thickens!

This gets more and more confusing by the day!

I hope in some way my ordeal might help others going through similar!

So, on the same day I received one email saying my account wasn't on hold pending complaint then later had another email from a different staff member saying after consideration it was on hold and apologies for any upset!

Today I received a text message from MB saying that they had terminated my contract following expiry of the default notice!!!

I have not had a default notice in over a year , not since before it went to court!

Any idea why they might be sending this now?

Is it possible they didn't issue a termination notice previously ?

It says to call them about keeping the car .... I've told them several times I will only communicate in writing!

This whole thing is getting ridiculous now!

Am I able to complain to the FCA or do I have to wait for MB to finish their complaint?

So confusing !!!!

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Theyre trying to pull a fast one. Just do as previously advised and get to the regulators. What they are doing is their standard business practice and they have been fined and reprimanded multiple times for it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 3 months later...

I posted a while back about moneybarn attempting to repossess my car again and I have no idea what to do!!

There is a suspended order in my place and payments are up to date!

Got a letter on Friday saying they’ve instructed Burlington to take my car and I need to provide the keys and logbook!

I’m 6 months off the end of my finance agreement end date.

Why are they doing this?

How do I stop them as my payments are up to date!

Are they allowed to just take the car like that?

I could put in a request for a time order but I have no idea why I’m asking for one as I don’t need extra time ,

I just want moneybarn to go away and stick to what they agreed!

Any advice - I’ve no idea where to turn :( !!!

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

remember, moneybarn ignore the law. Even with a court order or agreed repayments, they still think they can do whatever they want. Mainly because the majority of people roll over and let them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

you should have actioned post 79

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 6 months later...

I have been looking at my settlement figure for Moneybarn as I’m thoroughly sick of them and want to just get rid!

my agreement ends in September so I will be clearing the finance 4 months early.

upon requesting the settlement figure I noticed that they have not given me any discount and still want the full interest amounts up to September! ( the agreement did go into default and there is a court order in place) - Is this legal?

ive also noticed they’ve charged me 16 lots of £18 fees over the course of the agreement too! Is this also legal?

i read on another thread that if the default notice issued contained those fees then the default notice was invalid. I have looked and it seems the default did include those fees! 

How do I address this and what would be the next steps? Would I be able to take it back through courts and get the order removed? Would I be able to claim anything back off them?

id appreciate any help or advice with this! I’ve been treated appallingly by moneybarn over the years and I feel if there was a way I could hold them to account for something then I should !

Thanks folks :) 

old and new topics merged

please keep to one topic as it make a mockery of advice already given freely by others.

dx

and they

Is that the only response and I apologies but I couldn’t find my old thread! And it’s a slightly different question although related to the same company!

the last thing I’d like to do is make a mockery of people’s good will!

if you go back to about post 50 and re read from there you'll see this has already been answered.

did you get an sar running and reclaim all these unlawfully penalty charges?

and they

" i read on another thread that if the default notice issued contained those fees then the default notice was invalid. I have looked and it seems the default did include those fees! "

Thats an old argument and not one that works now...you have to prove the fees are unlawful first to invalidate the DN

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

wont be if they refund them....:D

and they

Would be a lot of work and risk involved to be able to prove the fees added are unlawful and therefore invalidate your default notice :rolleyes:

yes jump that hurdle latter

wack in a penalty fees reclaim [properly using the CISHEET at their int rate] once you get the statements

nothing to lose there  for you and could gander you several £100's of the balance...

they've been fined numerous times by the authorities over their unlawful actions toward customers so you might get a good result.

them p'haps review things.

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Ok trying to move this forward.

just got a statement with £260 agents fees added even though they have no collected the car! Am I right in thinking this is illegal?

Moving forward is it best for me to submit an N244 with the court to try and stop them taking the car and for these unlawful fees?

Could somebody advise what it is I’m asking the court to do as I don’t want extra time to pay as the account is up to date but I don’t want them taking the vehicle because I’m refusing to pay these agents fees!

could really do with some help :) 

its not criminal [illegal] ...it's civil - unlawful.

you should have done this 7mts ago when advised ...hit back.

there is no court case to set aside.

and they

• 4 weeks later...

Moneybarn are still trying to chase collection agents fees !

the agent did not collect the vehicle and Moneybarn continently have “ lost payment”! I am literally months away from finishing my agreement and they seem to be doing everything they can to get the car back at this stage.

they are taking an act now as we want and deal with the consequences later approach!

Theyve  added £342 now in “default sums” which are the fees their recovery agent have charged them for not recovering the car!!! They are trying to add these to my account!

how do I best tackle this?

ive put in a major complaint which they are dragging their heels over...

i need to somehow get some legal

protection in place but have no clue where to start!

please advise where I go and how do I challenge these fees? 

Ive paid everything up to date and I’m worried what I’ll do if they still come and take the car!

they are unlawful.

how many more times

they cant take the car without an ROG

simply pay the car off and not any penalty fees and then put in a reclaim for all of them

or put the reclaim in now

and they

There is a return of goods order which has been suspended.

Moneybarn are telling me if I don’t pay these fees then they will take the car.

I’ve got three months left and can’t currently pay the remainder off.

moneybarn are saying the account won’t be closed until every last part is paid off.

do I pay then reclaim back to stop them taking the car?

im so fed up with this company now ! 

as usual Moneybarn are making up their own rules

THEY CANNOT REPO THE CAR ..fullstop

and THEY CANNOT CHARGE YOU A FEE 

for a powerless repo company to do it.

there is a suspended ROG in place

to activate that

they MUST go back to the COURT

and get COURT BAILIFFS to do it.

just pay what you owe for the CAR ONLY, no fees or anything.

if they do take the car [without going back to court] then you could take them back to court and sue them.

might even void the whole agreement if they did and then you'd get the car and ALL your payments back.

and they