Placed a holding fee on a vehicle

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1743 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I placed holding fee on a car to enable me to raise the finance for it,

when I gave my holding fee they also gave me the portion of the V5C which I have to send to the DVLA

haven't raised the cash yet because I have questions that I wanted to ask about the car which are very important mechanical questions,

I have called over this week and sent texts and e mails all have been ignored ......

how am I supposed to pick up the car if I cant contact anyone???

im 200 miles from the dealer

Its the V5C portion that I have that Im curious about

is this some sort of ruse or [problem]

Many thanks for your help

Nick 

Maybe a new one to me.

Did you see the car "live", or just in pictures?

Did you check that that the vin on v5c matched the number plate?

Problem i can see is that the vehicle doesn't exist or, you'll be chasing a ghost for the holding fee while holding a piece of a v5c.

Hi King

Yes drove the car and I was going to pick the car up today, but I have heard nothing back from my phone calls, texts, emails etc etc

But its weird, the vehicle exists because I have driven it, why on earth would the give me the new owners portion of the V5C to send off, there are serious mechanical questions I need addressing before I have any involvement with the car, I also need to make sure the repairs have been carried out that were shown on the MOT, which mysteriously 10miles later, and two days later were fixed.....which raises another concern of a fake MOT certificate possibly

So I have waited a week for a reply, and Im assuming here that I won't be entitled to my money back, it does say that on the holding form, however how do I stand given all the attempts to contact the dealer............which is Cleckheaton Motor Sales.

Kind Regards

Nick

they have done this to make you legally responsible for the purchase of the vehicle. You paid a deposit and took ownership of the vehicle via the V5. now you owe them the balance whether you decide  to buy the car or not, if there is a problem then theoretically you have to fight them after paying up.

i hope you have insured and taxed it so when they park it on DYL's you dotn get clobbered for the extra offences as well.

In reality it is just a pressure sales technique as if there are mechanical propblems you are covered by the CRA anyway.

I have just texted the guys this morning explaining that I no longer require the vehicle in question, I have just had a reply from the number they ask you to contact.....I explained I tried to contact them in the week but got no answer....and I explained that I no longer require the vehicle, he said "OK cheers" which I have screen shotted

Kind Regards

Nick