antisocial behaviour

ericsbrother
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1770 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Went into my local supermarket today and after the usual short chat at the checkout I warned the cashier that I would set off their alarms on the way out. This of course happened and I was told by a member of staff that I would be banned from the store for antisocial behaviour if I kept doing it.

Now this happens in a few stores but supermarkets seem to be the main culprits and it is because of a piece of shrapnel in my leg that was a bit of a plastic mine detonator, is made of copper and curled round so it makes the induction loops think I am one of ther security tags.

Now if they had a decent sensor that actually read the RF chips most of these tags have they would not get a false positive from a random bit of metal.

I got told at Heathrow that I should have it removed by a security bod but would they make the same suggestion to everyone with a hip replacement, bone splint or similar metalware just because they suddenly had to think about something whilst doing their job?

Left my car there so when the parking cowboys send me a demand I can let the store chain know about why I was late leaving the car park-unlawfully detained by their employers so ask them for the money.

Anyone with metal implants had the same problems? what do they do when Prof Kevin Warwick goes shopping? we should be told

We played a long prank on a guy at work by hiding a security tag in his wallet.

But after setting off the alarm at his local tesco several times and being let off, one lazy morning  they were extremely helpful and scanned everything on him to find the problem.

He knew it was us and next day we had to buy him lunch: a t-bone steak with all trimmings.

But it was worth it!

Usually security are nice and polite, unless you go on the defensive. 

That's my experience,  of course there's always the black sheep.

My nearest shop  has an induction loop and the staff sometime ask me if I am going to set the alarm off today. It depends on how close I am to the loop so I can avoid it a lot of the time.

Clearly light humour between customer and till staff doesnt translate to others. I suspect that one person got fed up with having to reset the system all the time.

Now the RFID chips are individually numbered so goods can be tracked all over the world so it beats me why they dont use the same for the loops at the door. Their system would them know that I wasnt smuggling anything out when I set it off entering the store and be able to tell what soemone has actually nicked when it goes off and they are running away.

experiments were done with putting RFID chips in bullets so it would be possible to tell who has shot someone with the issued ammunition  (law enforcement agency issued ammo).

All taser projectiles spew out the chips so it can be ascertained who zapped someone but I havent seen a single report on this data being used in a trial does that mean the police dont want the public to know who is shooting or zapping people?