I'm 16 and Harlands and CRS are trying to get £100+ from me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1752 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had seen an ad from a friend for a gym near me and they were offering a free trail period, I had decided to sign up.

Inputting my card details, but due to me being 16 and not having any sort of constant income I decided against staying with the gym and cancelled the direct debit.

Then I recieved an email saying I was still required to pay £27.99, however at the time my bank account had been closed so I was unable to pay anything.

Then they had incurred a late fee of £20,

I had called to ask why I had to pay for the initial fee and the late fee even though I've never been to the gym itself.

My bank account had been through a lot and had closed quite recently and I haven't been able to open up a new one until recently,

they've now sent a message saying that a new company has been employed to deal with the debt, which now totals to £116.49. And I highly doubt I'll be able to pay this.

Would anyone be able to help me with this please.

Moved to the gym forum.

nothing they can do to you

ignore everything

just read a few threads here

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They never do court, and if they did would not be happy when tolchocked by court for suing someone under 18, which is a no no.

So safe to ignore as DX suggests.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hi Watfield and welcome to CAG

Harlands were the company dealing with the initial DD and CRS are the "new" company involved ........

.......... except that Harlands and CRS are the same outfit, pretending to be different companies so you think the matter is getting more serious. But it's not !!

1. Did you sign up in the gym or outside of it, like online at home, or in a shopping centre.

2. Did you give your real date of birth when signing up, or one to make you appear to be 18+.

Ignore all contact, calls, emails, text msgs for now - you have no need to do what they want and they can do nothing about you ignoring them.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

first thing to do is stop worrying about it, the letters are commonly called threatograms here as the dca has no interest in the matter and can do nothing other than threaten that their client may do so and so if you dotn send them a wad of cash.

Dca's arent bailiffs, they have no authority to visit you,cant seize goods and most of them dont hold a consumer credit licence so cant legally take money from you on behalf of the creditor

Hi Watfield,

If you signed up away from the gym, you had 14 days to cancel. Did you cancel within this time ?

If you were under 18 when joining, they cannot enforce any gym agreement with you as you were a minor.

You should completely ignore all demands for payments just now but keep us informed so we can suggest the right time to tell Harlands/CRS to back off !!

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

weeks?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks and you should ignore all demands for contact or payment.

Keep us posted though :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Block the number and avoid all communication with Harlands/CRS/Zinc in future (whether it be written, email, text or phone call). It's not urgent - they're just trying to scare you into paying money that you do not owe. They have no legal grounds, especially since you're a minor.

Hi Watfield,

No matter what Harlands/CRS say or threaten, you should not respond to them at all - not by phone, email or letter.

There's nothing they can do so just continue to ignore them.

Keep us updated ...............

no they didnt

read it PROPERLY

doesn't say WILL anywhere

you should be bouncing and blocking emails from them

and they