• Tweets

• Part of the POFA rules for creating a liability to pay a parking co is identifying the land they control so is there another palce of the incorrect name? If so then photographs of the other site will prove that your vehicle cnat possibly have been there as the images they will produce wont match the background etc. If however Bromhall developments is the name of their employer would the land in question be known by the same name for the entire development?   The POC is the usual rubbish and inaccurate one they cribbed from Gladstones so can be attacked in your outline defence.   Now I have googled Broomhall developments and they are an Irish Co that has bult a similar named housing estate in IRELAND. ther is also  a Broomhall gateway development plan for SCOTLAND but nothing in England, let alone Sheffield specifically   defence has to be in a fortnight after the deadline for the AOS assuming you get that in on time.   On google noseyneighbour I can see signs near to the parking bays that say permit holders only so unless you have a permit the signage doesnt apply to youas you would be prohibited fro parking there anyway. So with this in mind were you parked in a bay or on the road? Were you visiting or connected to the property that bay was allocated to and if so can you find out if the bay is part fo the property and noted in the deeds. If it is then it has nowt to do with VCS.   So you are going to grab some pictures and then you compare these to the web site of Broomhall development in ireland and that will be part fo your evidence   Also ask council when the Close was adopted by council as it appears to be a public highway
    • Ericsbrother   If I had the opportunity at the time I would have argued the value on the Court claim, however this wouldn't have changed by a significant amount.  So asking for it to be set aside is probably not going to end this in the long run.   No we don't owe any money to the business.   We have a good set of books and records.  No account filed as of yet.   The company is still 'active' on companies house and has not been dissolved.  We only received the Notice of enforcement a few days ago.       What makes you think they can force entry into a domestic property?      
    • Sorry but I think that it is rather precipitative giving advice – and rather over-generalised advice at that – until we understand more detail about the circumstances.
    • now the terms will specify that they can cancel if weather if bad etc and you have to accept that but by doing so they have to accept that the voucher's term is extended or they must refund for their failure to perform to the contract. essentially you should have asked for a refund on a no fly day and they would have to comply and by continuing to  accept things you were blindly accepting alterations to the original conrcat and that makes things more difficult. i would write again giving them 14 days to refund as they ahve filed to perform to their contractual obligations and then sue them if they still dont cough up. However, this meaqns you must follow through with the threat of cort action so before you start you need to read up on the relevant consumer legislation and also about performance of contracts
    • They say I was on Broomhall Developments, the car was parked on Broomspring Close.  S37XA
  • Our picks

StevieD1

NatWest/Shoosmiths Claimform - OD debt[s] +£12k

I wonder if anyone could give me advice.

I was in a very volatile relationship which ended some 9-10 years ago.

When I left we were saddled with a load of debt.

I had some mental health issues at the time and to be honest buried my head in the sand and hoped it would go away.

Fast forward to a few years later I started to get demands for payments.

I really didn’t know what had been paid and what hadn’t.

I had a few demands from the Northants CCBC with claim forms for CCJ.

Each one that I received I acknowledged and paid until a large one arrived that I couldn’t afford to clear.

I ended up with a CCJ which is now off my credit file and was satisfied and paid in full.

I’m just starting to get things sorted and a few years ago took out a subscription with ‘check my file’ to monitor debts and get sorted so that I had no surprises. 

Today I have received a claim form from Northants CC business centre with NatWest as the claimant and Shoosmiths as the contact.

I have genuinely not had any prior information about this debt and it has not appeared on my credit file with any of the credit reference agencies.

The debt is >£12k and there is no way I can afford to pay this.

I am assuming that this was from a joint bank account that my ex ran up towards the end of our relationship.

I assume from what I’ve read that I cannot claim statute barred if my ex has been marking payments to this.

I have never received any details and I’ve never had any contact from NatWest or Shoosmiths about this debt so the claim for a CCJ has come right out of the blue.

To complicate things further a few years ago my ex contacted one of my family claiming destitution and from what I was told was really suffering with mental health problems. He said that he was paying off some joint debts and asked for help.

all that I could afford was £100  month which I agreed to pass through an intermediary to help him with this. 

As I stated above I am just starting to get back on my feet,

I’ve had a promotion to a director role and was just starting an application process for a mortgage.

Is there anything at all that I can do to stop me receiving another CCJ and having to start all over again for another 6years.

I can not afford to pay the total amount but if the £100 that I am passing to my ex is towards this debt I can pay that direct.

I really didn’t know about the debt and genuinely had been checking every month across all of my credit files with all agencies to make sure things like this never happened.

I don’t know if my ex has acknowledged the debt but I certainly haven’t.

If the £100 that I am paying him was towards this debt could I get out of the CCJ in any way.

I am absolutely desperate and cannot begin to think how I will cope trying to build my credit profile back for another 6+ years

. I would be really grateful for any help or advice that anyone can give me. 

please complete this:

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Hi and Welcome to CAG Stevie.

If you would read the following link and then copy and paste the Q,s and your responses back here so we have all the information in one post...then we can advise further the best way to proceed.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/357877-you-have-received-a-claim-what-you-need-to-do-updated-jan-2019/

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I’m hoping I’ve attached this correctly... 

In order for 

Name of the Claimant ?

National Westminster Bank, Bishopgate

Date of issue – 11 June 2019

Particulars of Claim

The defendant (D)  held the accounts as listed below with the claimant (C).

D failed to pay the sums due to C when demanded and the sums listed below remain outstanding

[this is followed by two account numbers for the sums £1750 and £9750

What is the total value of the claim? £12'116

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) ? No, I haven’t received anything 

Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? Yes on a number of occasions. 

Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? No, I always kept the electoral role updated but I had significant mental health issues for circa 3-4 years following the separation from my then partner who was a joint account holder. I started to receive demands for all manner of things and cleared these as they came in. 

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account?

i think the claim is a bank overdraft but I genuinely don’t know for sure. I was certainly part of an overdraft and possibly a current account, loan or credit card. 

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? I really can’t be absolutely certain. I split from my partner in 2010/2011 so most prob it would have been after 2007

Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? I think post

Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/ Equifax /Etc...) ?

NO I’ve checked all both active and closed accounts and it’s not in any of them. 

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. It says that the claimant is Nat West with correspondence addressed to Shoosmiths LLP

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? NO

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? NO I didn’t receive anything that I can recall and I have been pretty forensic about credit as I’ve been trying to build it. I did have a CCJ that was applied in absence. I paid this and it came off my credit file in 2018

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? No

Why did you cease payments? 2010/11

What was the date of your last payment? I’ve not made any payments but my ex partner may have. As per my previous post, my ex contacted a family member and to summarise I agreed to pay him £100 per month as he said he was dealing with joint debts. I have a record of these payments. 

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? Only dispute between me and ex, I don’t think there was a dispute with NatWest

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? We did right at the beginning. I think my ex started up a plan to pay but as I said I was I’ll and if I’m honest buried my head in the sand. But after that initial 2-3 years I became much better and started dealing with my debt as it came my way. When I was served the CCJ I then started to actively search the credit reference agencies to deal with everything that was outstanding. None of this appeared on my files. 

both numbers in the poc are in the format of...sort/account number

just to check 

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform.
 register as an individual
 note the long gateway number given
 then log in
 select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.
 then using the details required from the claimform
 defend all
 leave jurisdiction unticked.
 click thru to the end
 confirm and exit MCOL.

get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant]
https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/
type your name ONLY

no need to sign anything
you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.
you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count]

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here