• Tweets

• yes only court...   can I confirm this was settled via Barclaycard and chargeback as it was a debit card, rather than section 75 via a creditcard?  
    • Hi   Sorry for the delay in getting back to you don't worry we have not forgot you.   So they have destroyed ALL DATA personal to you as you did not take the Property. (really they have put there foot in it)   If they hold no personal data then they have NO evidence of what was agreed to with your Holding Deposit and the refusal to return it.   Now if it was me I would let them drop themselves in it even further by responding to there SAR response.   Thank you for your SAR Response dated XX/XX/2019   Due to this response I require clarification of the following:   1. Have you followed the Data Protection Act 2018 & General Data Protection Regulations on Destroying My Personal Data?   2. If you have Destroyed All My Personal Data then what documentation do you hold that I have signed/agreed to the Holding Deposit being Non-Refundable and to provide copies of this documentation.   3. I require a copy of your Policy on Holding Deposits   Please bear in mind the above is what I would do.   I do think it is looking like you may have to go down the court route (make sure and have a good read of that link I previously gave you to the Tenants Fee Act).
    • HI   Firstly the parking in front of your drive, do you have a pavement with a Drop Kerb in front of your property to access your driveway, if so are they infringing on the Drop Kerb? (note your can ask the council to to paint a white line with lines at the end on the road in front of the drop kerb please note there may be a cost from the council to do so)   As for the CCTV look at this ICO link: https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/domestic-cctv-systems-guidance-for-people-using-cctv/   Due to the new DPA/GDPR if you have CCTV on your Property and it views outside of that Properties Bounderies they then need to register as a Data Controller with the ICO.   So I would make a Formal Complaint in writing to the Councils Data Controller, ICO (specifically asking if this individual is Registered with them as a Data Controller) & Police, you need to keep a good paper trail of this individuals actions.   I hope this individual knows the Law on Harassment as from your thread that is the impression I get is no matter what you do they will find something else to complaint about.  
    • Most guarantees are not transferable anyway to the new owner so why a solicitor should request it is pointless.The quotes should suffice to prove the work was carried out.   Andy
    • Apologies for the prolonged radio silence!   To cut a very long story short, I went back to Barclaycard (because I bought the car with my VISA card) and they offered to repair the car at a cost of £2500.   We accepted the offer because we were advised that even if we went to court and won the case, there was no guarantee that the dealer would give us our money back anyway or would end up paying us £10 a week for the next umpteen years.   The decision to have the car repaired was also made in the light of the fact that apart from the gearbox issue the rest of the car was in good nick. It is running fine after nearly 4 months now, so even if our friend gets a few more years out of it it will have been worth it.   Now that it is all settled I can reveal the name of the dealer - it was Thatcham Motor Company, in Thatcham, Berks. Very pleasant to deal with at first whilst everything was ok but boy oh boy, beware if anything goes wrong!   Similarly Momentum Warranties who provided the 6 months "warranty". On paper this warranty apparently covers practically every conceivable fault that the car might develop until you try to make a claim!   It seems that only if a component physically breaks that any cover is provided, otherwise they will hide behind the "fair wear and tear" get-out clause. Can an ECU unit be subject to wear and tear?   I would not touch either of these outfits again with the proverbial barge pole. Buyer beware!   One further thing I forgot to mention. We ran up considerable expenses trying to sort all the issues - the engineer's reports, travel costs etc.   Is it too late to try to claim these back from the dealer now? I just ran out of energy by the time Barclaycard agreed to pay for the repair but now the dust has settled I am up for it again!   Would this have to be done via the Small Claims Court?
  • Our picks

james2222

Santander/Alliance & Leic. PPI dead end.

I had a couple of £3000 loans from A&L in 1997 and again in late 1998 and paid PPI on one of the loans. 

The repayments overlapped for some months towards the end of the first loan.

I remember getting the completion certificate when the second loan ended, which clearly showed the PPI amount paid on this loan.

I was so pleased to have paid the loan off, so celebrated by tearing up the completion certificate a few months later, thinking 'I'll never need this again'  … oh what a numpty I am!

Have tried SAR to Santander, giving all details but just got the , 'we have no records of this', response.

I still have all my bank accounts showing the monthly payments to Alliance and Leicester …

it shows differing monthly payment amounts

(i.e. the PPI loan cost me more each month than the non-PPI)

but obviously this does not prove PPI was charged,

although its pretty obvious it wasn't just due to the interest level being charged,

which was the same on both loans as far as I remember.

I don't know who the underwriters of the loan or PPI were and Santander say they are unable to assist me in this either …

as they have no records.

Just before I give up and say …

this is 'Game Over' does anyone have any ideas on what else could be done.

I did try calling the special helpline on A & L loans ( was given the number 0845 6006014) but the BT message you get, says this has now been disconnected.  

Oh, why didn't I keep just one flimsy bit of completion certificate paper!!

use our custom google search box and find the underwriters 

alliance and Leicester A&L ppi

or something alike

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Interested in how you get on here....My partner is in EXACTLY the same position with A&L/ Santander...

1/9/06 RBS claim #1

8/11/06 - claim settled

17/11 claim #2 started - incl creditcard

30/11 - CC statements received

31/11 - Prelims issued - RBS paying up, only M/C to go)

If any of my advice/ info has been helpful, please click the scales:D

Please also remember that any advice is given from my own experience and in good faith as a lay person. If in doubt, please contact a qualified professional:)

Posted (edited)

My OH is in the same boat aswell.

All we could find was an early settlement figure details with A & L loan that showed rebate of PPI and account number.

This was settled when we moved property in 2001.

Contacted Santander but as usual they could find nothing apart from confirming the account was closed? They were really not very helpful.

No idea who Underwriters are and would be interested to know how we can find out. 

Edited by Baz1994

post 17??

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Cheers dx

Do you think if I just give them a call on that number quoting the A & L loan reference, that will be suffice?

Dunno cant hurt

spreadsheets