Contract hire - 14 Day cooling period charges?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1772 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Booked a contract hire last week via an internet company. Had a change of mind and called up the admin department who advised that I was within the 14 day cooling off period since the car was not due till Sep. Today I got a email from the sales team that they want £360 cancellation charges plus they won't refund my £180 admin fee. 

I have been advised by a different broker that they can't charge me anything since I was within my 14 day cooling off period. Can anyone advise? 

Edited by axil23

It does state that. 

Any cancellation will only be acknowledged and acted upon in writing. It is your responsibility to ascertain that the
cancellation has been received. In the event of this order being cancelled by yourself for any reason other than
stated above or failing to take delivery / return documents within the specified time, you will be liable to pay a
cancellation fee of £300.00 + VAT. This fee is for the cancellation of the vehicle
only as no cancellation fee applies to the finance order (see below). By signing your order confirmation form you
authorise, in the event of a cancellation to take the full cancellation fee from the
card details provided at the point of order.

The reason why I am asking is I have seen people meantion 14 days cooling of period for contract hire which includes the agents charges. 

If you ordered it as an individual then you can rely on your “Distant Selling Rights” which means you have a 14 day cooling off period, so we would be surprised if you would need to pay any cancellation charges, I would mention Trading Standards if they are insistent in charging you.

Edited by axil23

But are you a Business or a Consumer.....it affects the advice we give you.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

The Consumer Credit Act doesn’t apply to an offer or supply of credit to limited companies, however, it does apply to contracts entered into by sole traders and partnerships.

https://www.devonsomersettradingstandards.gov.uk/business/consumer-rights/business-to-business-contracts/

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

A large part of the legislation relating to unfair terms either do not apply in a business-to-business contract or only applies at the discretion of the court. It is always important therefore to check your terms and conditions prior to signing up to a contract.

You are a limited company not sole trader or partnership. ?

I have asked the company to cancel my finance within the 14 days and they are refusing to do so until I pay the cancellation charges which I don't agree with as I was advised that I could cancel. 

They agree that I am allowed to cancel it as per the terms but won't do it till I pay their fee. I want to dispute this fee but don't want to end up with two finance agreements as I have bought car from other agent. 

Are they doing anything illegal by refusing to cancel a finance document that legally I am allowed to cancel within 14 days? 

Edited by axil23

But the 14 day cooling off period does not apply to you because your a LTD Company.....even though the charge is unfair there is no way around it B2B

Lex Autolease have advised me that I do have the 14 day cooling off period. It's in their business contract t&c's. 

I would like to cancel the finance part of it before the period is over but they won't let me and Lex are saying that I can't do it direct as they don't have paperwork yet. 

That may well be the case as part of their T&Cs...which also states you have to pay £300 +VAT cancellation fee.....but you dont have any legal right as your LTD Company and not a Consumer..you dont have protection of the Consumer Rights Act.