• Tweets

• pers I wouldnt touch an IVA with a barge pole. DRO if you must take such routes which is probably the best way for the future. as andy explained earlier   once you 'default' by entering into your own arrangement [our pro-rata stuff] the defaults are there for 6yrs anyway killing credit. but under the same breath, so is the DRO marker...   there is nothing to stop you doing pro rata..see how it goes then switching if needs be.  
    • pers id send by royal mail our vt letter.   see what they do.   Section 99 of the Consumer Credit Act gives the debtor the right to terminate a hire purchase agreement,  simply by giving written notice of termination.  . The right to terminate applies at any time before the final payment becomes due, unless the creditor has already terminated.  contrary to the line taken by many finance companies,  . the debtor need not have paid half the total amount payable,  and nor do they have to pay any arrears, [read below carefully regarding arrears ]. . before exercising the right to terminate.  . Sections 99 and 100 set out the debtor's liability on voluntary termination.  The sections are complex,  but their main effect can be summarised in brief as follows.  . If the sum of payments made and arrears before termination exceeds 50% of the total price,  than the debtor is only liable to pay the arrears.  . Otherwise, the debtor is liable to pay half the total price, less any payments already made.  .  so the debtor can terminate at any time if he has reached the 50 % mark but would be liable for any payments still to reach the 50 % mark,  .   it does not matter if the account is in arrears at the time or request to do a voluntary termination. . you need to specifically nail them down that this is a VT and NOT a VS Voluntary surrender]. dont get caught out!! . take extensive photos and video of the car inside and out  and underneath [use a selfie stick] and in the engine compartment  ALWAYS. . if they try and charge a repo fee or collection fee they cannot: . The only charges you must pay are the ones contained in the legislation and itemised in section 101,  the charge mentioned is levied after the agrement is terminated and is void in any case.  . All it means is that no one will collect the terminated car(their car), well that is ther problem it is no longer yours , your attachment to the car has been terminated.. . 173 Contracting-out forbidden. (1)A term contained in a regulated agreement or linked transaction, or in any other agreement relating to an actual or prospective regulated agreement or linked transaction, is void if, and to the extent that, it is inconsistent with a provision for the protection of the debtor or hirer or his relative or any surety contained in this Act or in any regulation made under this Act. . This term is covered by the above section of the CCA 1974 in that it breaches this: .  99 Right to terminate hire-purchase etc. agreements. .  (1)At any time before the final payment by the debtor under a regulated hire-purchase or regulated conditional sale agreement falls due, the debtor shall be entitled to terminate the agreement by giving notice to any person entitled or authorised to receive the sums payable under the agreement .  In other words nothing can stop you voluntarily terminating. . although dependant on the way your agreement is written, they can charge excess mileage .  this has been accepted at county courticon level, but afaik has not been tested in a higher court .. . . ..............example letter..ADAPT TO SUIT............. . You must vt under s99/100 cca1974. do not sign any of their forms, or agree to pay anything.  . The car has just to be in reasonable condition for its age.  If you have paid in excess of 50%,  with no arrears there will be nothing to pay. . Send them the following letter,  they MUST action your request,  you should endeavour to be present at the vehicle inspection--- . VOLUNTARY TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT UNDER S99/100 CCA 1974 .  Account No: (xxxxxxx) .  Dear Sir,  I am writing to notify you that I am exercising my right to terminate the above Agreement  under Section 99 of the consumer credit act1974.  . You will understand that the aforementioned section permits the debtor to terminate the agreement  at any time before the last payment is due.  . There is no restriction regarding the exercising this statutory right,  particularly none in respect of any perceived arrears or monies due on termination . I understand that I shall be liable to you for the amount calculated under the formula in Section 100  of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.  . **As I have/have not paid more than the amount calculated under the formula in Section 100 the amount due is £XXXX/zero. .  The above agreement will be terminated 14 days from the date of this notice. .  Please send me details of how the vehicle can be returned to you. .  You will be aware that statute prevents you from levying a charge for the recovery of this vehicle;  guidelines also state that if you require me to deliver this vehicle  it must be no more than a short (reasonable distance) from my registered address. .   Please confirm receipt of this request in writing within 7 days of receipt. . -Yours etc... ..  
    • Have contacted HSBC and they said the payment was not marked on their system as a recurring payment authority, so they believe insurance can't debit the card again without my approval. Let's hope they are right  
    • @dx100uk So they can't enforce it? That's so strange. Ok I will include it if I go for a DRO or IVA.   I am reading as much as possible on both DRO and IVA's and trying to make an informed decision as to whether or not this is the right thing for me. I am struggling so much financially but I hate the thought of not being able to pay back the creditors.   My next question is: Can I still send off the pro rata debt letter asking my creditors to freeze my interest whilst I look into the DRO and IVA's? Or do I need to just go straight into a DRO/IVA situation?   If they freeze my interest do I then continue to pay back the minimum payments? Or am I able to negotiate lower repayments? Also, do I contact them myself or is there an agency I can go through?   I feel like I am slowly understanding the options available to me, which has eased my mind a lot. I can't thank you all enough for taking the time to read my posts and help me out. I have no one to turn to and you all feel like my friends now x   I like the idea of this:    https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/information/10 ways to clear your debt/Pages/Options-for-dealing-with-your-debt-informal-arrangement.aspx   From what I can see this would not list me on any insolvency list and as such wouldn't affect my chances of getting a mortgage or credit in the future?   What are your views on the above? x
    • Ah thank you. But wouldnt the data have to be inputted in the first place by a human being, which suggests liaison between the services..ie the sexual health people and your own doctor...
  • Our picks

Loulou79

Debt in Dubai IDRWW chasing

wouldnt matter what you did.

theres no clear cut theory either way...wont ever stop the likes of irdww

however. opening yourself up to not being able to be written too and getting letters exposes you to further risks.

• Thanks 1

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Read the link in post 2.....IDRWW can be quite persistent...but follow the advice given and their harassment can be kept to a minimum. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

My strategy for myself and others I have helped is to ignore them, just become a black hole, but save/collect everything.

The exception is if you get a letter before action or a County Court Claim pack, then report it here.

That happened only once out of maybe 14 cases and with the advice of this site I overcame the claim (the other party withdrew before going to court as they could not provide any paperwork, thanks CAG).

I have had one or two persistent players that have continued well beyond the Stat Bar time, I continue to ignore.

My collection of letters is now extensive and I treat it with the same reverence others hold for a stamp collection!

• Thanks 1

Dxb- so only when I change my address should i contact IDRww to let them know in a basic letter that I have changed my address but do not know anything about the debt they are contacting me about? No signature, just my name and new address? 

correct

might have gone dead by then....:bowl:😮

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Jimmy- thank you! Tbh I have chucked all previous letters as they were always exactly the same. But I have kept the last two and will continue to keep. 

41 minutes ago, Loulou79 said:

Jimmy- thank you! Tbh I have chucked all previous letters as they were always exactly the same. But I have kept the last two and will continue to keep. 

Just keep all correspondence from now on.

What I do is slice open the letter with a knife so it is neat, then staple the envelope to the back of the letter, assuming the contents are harmless I then file it in a foolscap cardboard folder.

The reason I keep the envelope is sometimes it has post date stamps (potentially useful) and also a return address on the back of the envelope.  This can sometimes be useful if you get a letter purporting to be from another organisation but having the same return address as another item.  (Often the case that a bank chases you, you ignore, they then pass the case "across the desk" to their internal debt collector which is one and the same bank with another name pretending to be a proper DCA but really the same people!).  Once you cotton on to this sort of trick it takes some of the anxiety out of seeing new parties writing to you.

Ahhhh IDRWW and Mr Coyle and CWD !!!! 10 years of this rubbish don't worry like the guys here say the will do all they can.

My last correspondence with IDRWW was in January of this year and after my last letter saying to them basically telling them to show me what you can do or indeed get Mr Coyle from CWD to get in touch then I will reply I have heard nothing again. I want for the next round from them or the others from Dubai its a fun game (also all other debt collection agencies in Dubai which seemed to have backed off a little )

I am the same 11 years ago from Dubai now and 6 years ago someone from CWD (when they were getting excited and starting out) had the cheek to call me at work to which I took them to the cleaners !! for breaking every rule possible. It was only when i seen an email then from IDRWW using there offices that I knew what he was trying to do 

• Thanks 1

Hello All, 

I have also had an email from this company (attached) But looks like it's for a parking fine? Which was oddly addressed to my mum? Does anyone know anything about BW legal? Pretty sure I've never had a parking fine from the council. Just wondering if there is any connection.

Thanks

Screenshot_20190613-200634_Email.jpg

Hi.

Yes, the BW Legal email looks like a private parking ticket. The best thing is to start a new thread in our private parking forum and tell us whatever you can. Please don't reply to BW until the parking guys here have had a look.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks honeybee will do 😊

start a new thread in the private parking forum and we can help you from there. read a load of threads and you will know a bit more about how they operate so then know a bit more about what we want from you ito be able to help.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Eric's brother, I've sorted that issue now, called them from anonymous number and told them I have no parking fine and they took my email off their database which makes me think it was all a [problem] anyway! 

it wasn't a fine!!

spreadsheets 

Hello everyone. Another letter for IDRww today. I have attached it. Please could someone put my mind at ease or advise? From all your advise before- I assume I still ignore. They are saying they are now going to advise their client to refer to solicitors. 

Thank you

Lou

20190617_153739.jpg

its better you put letters up as a PDF please 

read upload

that way you have to be a member to download them

and we can see if the enemy are looking at your thread.

but anyway yes ofcourse you ignore that

its nothing more than a threat-o-gram.

I could recommend a washing powder to my wife

if she buys it or even listens to me is a totally different matter

spreadsheets 

It is the usual rubbish.

It is cunningly designed to frighten you because it uses some words designed to provoke an emotional response such as Bankruptcy, charging, Warrant etc.

If you read it carefully it can be summed up as follows:

1. You were wise enough not to engage with us before and we are a bit pissed about that.

2. Because we are pissed but can do nothing else we are trying to frighten you with all the things someone else COULD (but probably wouldn't) do with keywords. Only our client and his solicitor could if they had a case.

3. More keywords because we are still pissed you have not engaged with us.

4. We have advised our client (though we probably haven't) to refer to solicitors for legal action because 1). we have failed to scare or engage you and 2). we have no power to take legal action ourselves, only solicitors engaged by our clients could do that.

5. We want to help you (for which read we want to help ourselves) and please look at the list of other people who can help you because a). we may be legally obliged to refer you to third party help and b). some of those guys will advise you to engage with us rather than put us to strict proof.

This letter should be filed along with it's envelope.  No need to respond in any way or have any anxiety about this one.

• Like 1

Hi 

apparently the limitation in uae is 10years so it would actually be statue barred now

The limitation period for contractual claims in civil matters/contract disputes is 15 years (Article 473 of the UAE Civil Code). 

Its not statute barred.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Yes, sorry I’m. It sure of the actual reference but there are different rules for different professions. (I’ll try and find the paragraph) just as an example it’s 3 years for teachers 

I’ve seen that.  The defence from CWD to the court states 10 years.  And I’ve read somewhere that the rules (as such) can be different for different professions 

im trying to find it - I thought I had saved it

sta are in with the other lot that we don't mention squaddy..

usa portal too..

spreadsheets