Debt in Dubai IDRWW chasing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

wouldnt matter what you did.

theres no clear cut theory either way...wont ever stop the likes of irdww

however. opening yourself up to not being able to be written too and getting letters exposes you to further risks.

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Read the link in post 2.....IDRWW can be quite persistent...but follow the advice given and their harassment can be kept to a minimum. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

My strategy for myself and others I have helped is to ignore them, just become a black hole, but save/collect everything.

The exception is if you get a letter before action or a County Court Claim pack, then report it here.

That happened only once out of maybe 14 cases and with the advice of this site I overcame the claim (the other party withdrew before going to court as they could not provide any paperwork, thanks CAG).

I have had one or two persistent players that have continued well beyond the Stat Bar time, I continue to ignore.

My collection of letters is now extensive and I treat it with the same reverence others hold for a stamp collection!

• Thanks 1

Dxb- so only when I change my address should i contact IDRww to let them know in a basic letter that I have changed my address but do not know anything about the debt they are contacting me about? No signature, just my name and new address? 

correct

might have gone dead by then....:bowl:😮

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

41 minutes ago, Loulou79 said:

Jimmy- thank you! Tbh I have chucked all previous letters as they were always exactly the same. But I have kept the last two and will continue to keep. 

Just keep all correspondence from now on.

What I do is slice open the letter with a knife so it is neat, then staple the envelope to the back of the letter, assuming the contents are harmless I then file it in a foolscap cardboard folder.

The reason I keep the envelope is sometimes it has post date stamps (potentially useful) and also a return address on the back of the envelope.  This can sometimes be useful if you get a letter purporting to be from another organisation but having the same return address as another item.  (Often the case that a bank chases you, you ignore, they then pass the case "across the desk" to their internal debt collector which is one and the same bank with another name pretending to be a proper DCA but really the same people!).  Once you cotton on to this sort of trick it takes some of the anxiety out of seeing new parties writing to you.

Hello All, 

I have also had an email from this company (attached) But looks like it's for a parking fine? Which was oddly addressed to my mum? Does anyone know anything about BW legal? Pretty sure I've never had a parking fine from the council. Just wondering if there is any connection.

Thanks

Screenshot_20190613-200634_Email.jpg

Thanks Eric's brother, I've sorted that issue now, called them from anonymous number and told them I have no parking fine and they took my email off their database which makes me think it was all a [problem] anyway! 

it wasn't a fine!!

and they

Hello everyone. Another letter for IDRww today. I have attached it. Please could someone put my mind at ease or advise? From all your advise before- I assume I still ignore. They are saying they are now going to advise their client to refer to solicitors. 

Thank you

Lou

20190617_153739.jpg

its better you put letters up as a PDF please 

read upload

that way you have to be a member to download them

and we can see if the enemy are looking at your thread.

but anyway yes ofcourse you ignore that

its nothing more than a threat-o-gram.

I could recommend a washing powder to my wife

if she buys it or even listens to me is a totally different matter

and they

It is the usual rubbish.

It is cunningly designed to frighten you because it uses some words designed to provoke an emotional response such as Bankruptcy, charging, Warrant etc.

If you read it carefully it can be summed up as follows:

1. You were wise enough not to engage with us before and we are a bit pissed about that.

2. Because we are pissed but can do nothing else we are trying to frighten you with all the things someone else COULD (but probably wouldn't) do with keywords. Only our client and his solicitor could if they had a case.

3. More keywords because we are still pissed you have not engaged with us.

4. We have advised our client (though we probably haven't) to refer to solicitors for legal action because 1). we have failed to scare or engage you and 2). we have no power to take legal action ourselves, only solicitors engaged by our clients could do that.

5. We want to help you (for which read we want to help ourselves) and please look at the list of other people who can help you because a). we may be legally obliged to refer you to third party help and b). some of those guys will advise you to engage with us rather than put us to strict proof.

This letter should be filed along with it's envelope.  No need to respond in any way or have any anxiety about this one.

• Like 1

The limitation period for contractual claims in civil matters/contract disputes is 15 years (Article 473 of the UAE Civil Code). 

Its not statute barred.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Yes, sorry I’m. It sure of the actual reference but there are different rules for different professions. (I’ll try and find the paragraph) just as an example it’s 3 years for teachers 

I’ve seen that.  The defence from CWD to the court states 10 years.  And I’ve read somewhere that the rules (as such) can be different for different professions 

im trying to find it - I thought I had saved it

sta are in with the other lot that we don't mention squaddy..

usa portal too..

and they

http://www.hadefpartners.com/News/333/Limitation-periods-in-the-United-Arab-Emirates

One of the key limitation periods to be aware of is the limitation period for a claim for breach of contract. We have been approached by many clients (including in-house counsel at large multinational and local companies, and even international law firms) who believe that the limitation period for a breach of contract (including a commercial contract) in the UAE is 15 years. What they are often not aware of is that the limitation period for commercial contracts (as set out in Federal Law 18 of 1993 (the “Commercial Code”)) is usually 10 years. Therefore, multi-million dollar claims dating back over more than 10 years may now be time-barred.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/3381662?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents