UKPC parking invoice - Ashton Moss Cinima complex

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5913 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi First Post!.

I got a ticket about 2 weeks ago also at Ashton Moss Cinima complex. At the time there was only a few cars parked up around the back so I parked over the white line not thinking it would matter. Anyway they sent me the usual gubbins fine and a black and white photo of my car which is really bad and doesnt even show me parked on the line.

Anyway I'm not paying and holding firm after reading the advice on this site. It will be interesting to see what happens. Ive decided not even to bother writing any letters. Im just going to ignore it and hope it goes away. If it does go to court (amazingly) then Im sure there are aload of you guys that would be willing to help me!!!

Hi First Post!.

I got a ticket about 2 weeks ago also at Ashton Moss Cinima complex. At the time there was only a few cars parked up around the back so I parked over the white line not thinking it would matter. Anyway they sent me the usual gubbins fine and a black and white photo of my car which is really bad and doesnt even show me parked on the line.

Anyway I'm not paying and holding firm after reading the advice on this site. It will be interesting to see what happens. Ive decided not even to bother writing any letters. Im just going to ignore it and hope it goes away. If it does go to court (amazingly) then Im sure there are aload of you guys that would be willing to help me!!!

Welcome aboard - keep us posted.

Hi I got a new letter in the post today saying I now owe the £80. Do you think Im just better ignoring it or should I send some of the template letters?

Im just wondering that if it did go to court it would look better for my defense. If I lost amazingly and they claim costs, does that mean I have a CCJ?

Hi I got a new letter in the post today saying I now owe the £80. Do you think Im just better ignoring it or should I send some of the template letters?

Im just wondering that if it did go to court it would look better for my defense. If I lost amazingly and they claim costs, does that mean I have a CCJ?

The odds of this this going to court are very very long indeed. UKPC are not known on here and other forums for being litigious. They are known, along with their sidekicks Hunter Forrest as prodiguous letter writers, threatening all sorts but actually delivering nothing - barking dogs with no teeth.

BtB templates are very good, terse and to the point. You are giving nothing away by using them. I personally would not go to the expense of using recorded delivery. The PPC will ignore what you send them anyway. Your copy letters are there for you, as a safety net just in case.

If the PPC correspondence gets repetitive, which it will, don't descend to their level. There is no need to respond to every hysterical outburst you get from UKPC. Once you've sent the cease and desist letter there is point in responding to anything short of a summons.

Stand firm - the PPC will eventually give up.

Hi Kef9

If your case does get to court (which it probably won't), it is important that you have proof of your correspondence. Courts never look favourably on people who do not try to resolve the situation. If you respond (albeit with a standard letter) each time and have proof, this will go very much in your favour. You have to stay the goodie-two-shoes and let them show themselves to be the big baddie. Besides, recorded delivery costs about 65p! I hardly think that it is beyond the realms of UKPC to state that they have never received any correspondence from you!! This way - you hold the trump card.

Its great to stand up to these sharks, but always cover yourself.

Good luck!

Natmax

Hi Guys

Thanks for the advice

What do you think of this letter?

I acknowledge receipt of your captioned letter. It seems that you have got my details from the DVLA and I confirm I am the keeper of the vehicle in question. You need to take this matter up with the driver concerned.

You appear to claim that I, as keeper, am legally responsible for this alleged debt. I deny this. Please substantiate this claim with appropriate citations of case and/or statute law.

The photograph you have provided is of poor quality and only my registration plate and the back end of a car is visible. This could have been taken anywhere. On what basis do you regard this as evidence of a contravention?

In the meantime I absolutely deny your claim that the amount claimed, or any amount at all, is due to you from me.

kef9,

Letter looks absolutely fine. Just bear in mind however, that is a marathon, not a sprint. UKPC will definately write back saying "your appeal is rejected blah blah blah."

They will keep on until it gets through their skulls that there is no chance whatsoever of you backing down.

Good on you!

I have slightly amended the text to read this.

The photograph you have provided is of poor quality and only the registration plate and the back end of the vehicle is visible. This could have been taken anywhere? On what basis do you regard this as evidence of a contravention?

Hi kef9,

If you look at my posts, you will see the kind of letters that you are likely to recieve from UKPC.

Its been over a month now since i last heard anything from them, so hopefully they go away.

PS If you use bernies templete letters you can't go wrong.

Hi Digger42

Yep I used the template letter but added a bit extra about the photo. Honestly the photo is unbelieveable and makes me laugh every time. It really only does show a registration plate.

Well UKPC responded to my first letter. They basically say there are sufficient warning signs and that the vehicle owner is responsible for the payment of the PCN. Finally they say I can pay a reduced rate of £40 again within 7 days.

I’m going to send the cease and desist letter to get straight to the point.

Well UKPC responded to my second letter saying they have given me an extra 14 days to pay the reduced rate or refer me to the debt agency. They again ignored everything I said. Funnily though that they have said they will not respond to any more of my correspondance unless I provide new evidence! lol. Anyway as far as Im concerned thats game over. Ill send the standard debt agency letter when I recieve that in the post and then its all covered. If they carry on sending me **** can you actually take them to court for harrasment. Has anyone done this?

The guys are twats, I dont know where they get off.

Kef9,

Looks like it is all going to plan. You've disputed the charge, sent the cease and desist letter, they are going to refer you to a debt collector. You will respond to the debt collectors letter with bernie's template - refer back to UKPC [who've already said they won't respond any further].

Just like herding sheep, do these guys have no imagination?

The only option for them after that should be court - either put up or shut up. That is very unlikely to happen and you probably will get more landfill through your letterbox. If they carry on it really is harrassment [Prevention of Harrassment Act 1997], which is a criminal offence but I'm given to understand that the Police are unwilling to act except for extreme cases.

Good Work!