UKPC parking invoice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5953 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All.

Help!! What happened with Bankbustermum?? She hasn't reported what has happened next.

I too have fallen foul of the UKPC whilst parking in a free car park at a leisure park. I parked over the white line in an almost empty car park and received a £80 fine (£40 if paid within 14 days) for a works van. UKPC are special in that they have no contact details whatsoever on the ticket and no contact details on the subsequent letter. The only telephone number is to make an automated payment. I have written to them 3 times contesting the ticket and never received a reply. I have followed the info on this website regarding the contract with the driver not the owner, but still they send me demands and now I have received a letter from their debt collection agency demanding over £100 now! Also, they are threatening me with court.

Please help!!!

Natmax,

Don't panic, they are using standard bluff and bluster tactics. Write to the debt collection agency and inform them that you are disputing the charge as you are not liable for it as the registered keeper. Advise them that they should pass it back to UKPC. The debt collection agency can't do a thing once they receive your letter, other than pass it back to UKPC.

Chances are that the debt collection agency is owned by the same people who own the parking company. Just another tactic they use to try extorting money out of you! As Rob says, don't panic and definitely don't give in to them. Eventually you will stop receiving letters from them, but if you find it distressing, pop round to your local police station and tell them that the company is attempting to obtain money from you by deception. They are obliged to act...

Thanks so much. I will post the letter on Monday. Will keep posting updates as the drama unfolds.

Cheers

Would be interested to hear what has happened to 'Bankbustermum'

Bankbustermum,

Funnily enough I got the exact same letter yesterday too asking for the same amount from the same company!!!! Threatening me with court too.

Quite agree - B*"?!$^&S!!!

Will be sending them a letter as advised.:(

• 1 month later...

Hi again all.

It appears that myself and 'Bankbuster Mum' are in the same boat - I wonder how many others like us are receiving the very same letter giving us 7 days to pay or else?? I can imagine that there are lots more victims, who are too scared by their bully tactics and just pay. I wrote to my local paper warning everyone in my area about their [problem], so hopefully at least some people will be aware of their predatory tactics.

My letter from Hunter Forrest and Co, on behalf of UKPC is exactly the same. However, if you closely study the wording of the letter it says "our records show that the above sum still remains unpaid with Hunter Forrest & Co now recommending to our client that they should commence enforcement proceedings vis the County Court should payment not be remitted to us within the next seven days." It appears to me that they are only RECOMMENDING that they do this. The letter then goes on to threaten me with further costs, CCJs, enforcement, further costs (again) and telling me that I might not be able to get credit or open a bank account in the future.

I find all this absolutely amazing that they can threaten me with all this for something I haven't done!!!! I have written to them on several occasions outlining my stance and they have never replied to any of them. I have copies and the recorded delivery receipts for all of them. Even if they do take me to court, I will be able to produce all my correspondence to them and I am sure the judge will not look favourably on them. I refuse to contact the baliffs by telephone because I know that I will get very fustrated and angry and also I have no proof of who said what, that's why I stick to written correspondence only.

I will need to reply to this latest one (I am too worried not too). I will just have to re-iterate again that they need to pass the matter back to UKPC as I am vigorously disputing the matter and ask them not to contact me (what's the betting they will, eh?).

Wish me luck all. Good luck to Bankbuster Mum too!

Watch this space..................

NatMax

NatMax, UKPC are not a client of Hunter Forrest - they have the same registered address and company number - look at the bottom of the letters that you have received.

I'm in the same boat - this week I had a letter from Hunter Forrest thanking me for my communication and telling me to pay up or they may take legal action. I wrote back telling them that I had never communicated with them - only with UKPC. I also said how convenient it must be for Hunter Forrest & UKPC to be at the same address and have the same company registration, and to let me know if the communication they were talking about was the one I sent to UKPC, because if it was then I had no need to repeat my position save to say I would not be paying. I wish they would take me to court so that I can expose them for what they are.

My letter from Hunter Forrest and Co, on behalf of UKPC is exactly the same. However, if you closely study the wording of the letter it says "our records show that the above sum still remains unpaid with Hunter Forrest & Co now recommending to our client that they should commence enforcement proceedings vis the County Court should payment not be remitted to us within the next seven days."

I will need to reply to this latest one (I am too worried not too). I will just have to re-iterate again that they need to pass the matter back to UKPC as I am vigorously disputing the matter and ask them not to contact me (what's the betting they will, eh?).

I think your advice to them should be along the lines of put up or shut up, if they think the advice they have given themselves is so good. :)

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

with Hunter Forrest & Co now recommending to our client that they should commence enforcement proceedings vis the County Court

Add your recommendation that they should go to court! Imagine thier faces :o

Explain that you would love the idea of bringing thier demands and tactics to the notice of a legal authority.

I get so anoyed by this sort of thing, I'm thinking of popping down to my local carpark and leaving my car there all day! Could have so much fun :D

I don't always believe what I say, I'm just playing Devils Advocate

Hi Storm Warrior

It did cross my mind to call their bluff - but I am too chicken! I am trying to deal with it always keeping in mind what I write in case it does go to court. The judge would have to be on my side because I have corresponded every time and each time they haven't replied!!

I am surprised that it can be cost-effective to keep hounding us - surely the time spent harassing us must add up to more than the £105 they are illegally trying to scare me into giving them? But then, they don't appear to be a particularly clever bunch - well, they don't know the law do they?

Thanks everyone.

Natmax

ps does anyone know of a parking ombudsman or some arbitration service who we could contact en mass??:confused:

Hi Storm Warrior

I am surprised that it can be cost-effective to keep hounding us - surely the time spent harassing us must add up to more than the £105 they are illegally trying to scare me into giving them? But then, they don't appear to be a particularly clever bunch - well, they don't know the law do they?

It is Cost Effective. They call it the numbers game. £100 on threats £200 in returns = Very Profitable.

They do know the law. How? Because they won't use it.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone

I can't quite believe the latest correspondence from Hunter Forrest!!!

I have now received a letter from them entitled:

UKPC Limited vs Me

They are even trying to make their letters sound like it is already a court issue. How can they possibly get away with this one??

They are telling me that I as I am registered keeper of the vehicle I am responsible for any parking fines incurred against it and it is at my discretion to obtain payment from the driver and that recovery action will continue against me unit I pay the £112 !!!

Is it up to a debt recovery agency to give legal advice? I have previously requested that UKPC send me the relevant legislation - but, guess what, they haven't.

Any help would be appreciated - please.

Thanks

Natmax

I have had one of these, my post is similar regarding UKPC in a college carpark. It is scare tactics, they have changed their name to even sound like solicitors. I rang them to ask under which law they were referring. See the thread for all info. I would continue to ignore / refuse to pay. I am doing the same and hope they take it further cos I'm itching to meet these Tw*ts in court.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-wardens/80575-ukpc-pcn-college-carpark.html

Hi natmax

Private Parking Companies are not regulated which is why they can get away with behaving this way. You can report them to the British Parking Association but they say they will only take action if they get a lot of complaints about the same company. You can also report them to Trading Standards as they are not behaving fairly and are misleading you for the sole purpose of intimidating you into paying.

With regard to court proceedings and bailiffs again take their threats with a pinch of salt.

All Hunter Forrest & Co can do is repeatedly demand payment for an unsubstantiated claim. The only person who can enforce the payment is a Judge and for this to happen UKPC would firstly have to issue county court proceedings against you and subsequently win their case (unlikely given what you have posted here). If they did this and won, the court would make an order requiring you to pay them within 14 days. If you did not pay this Court Order then UKPC would have to go back to the Court and apply for Judgment (CCJ). If you ignored this and still didn't pay then UKPC would have to apply for a Warrant of Execution. This is the only way a Bailiff could be instructed.

One way of ending this saga is to write to Hunter Forrest & Co one final time repeating your stance and telling them either to issue proceedings in the next 14 days or stop harassing you as further demands for payment will be treated as harrassment and reported to the police.

I know it's frustrating but just keep sending the letters back and in addition mention in them that they constantly refuse to address what you are asking them and telling them. If it ever did go to court (which it won't) the judge would ask why they refused to correspond with you in any event. Stop worrying about them!

Hi Andy

Thanks ever so much for your reply and the thread link. Our cases are exactly the same!! I am considering just completely ignoring them. Its seems like its a test of wills - just who will give in first?? I have absolutely no intention of paying up, but I am fed up of sending letter after letter. I can really understand why people pay up - their tactics are absolutely outrageous and I just can't understand why they are getting away with it with the authorities.

Keep us posted on here on this thread too.

What happened with Bankbustermum??

I have received a couple of private emails about sending my complaint to Jane Hicks at British Parking - has anyone else had one of these?

Will keep everyone posted and thanks ever so much for all the help and support from everyone on this thread.

Together we can sort out the UKPC thickos.

Natmax

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Well done bankbustermum - what do you think it was in your last letter that did the trick?

I am now on my 6th letter to Hunter Forrest and I have just emailed my case to [email protected] hopefully the more people who email her, the more chance we have of getting rid of these blackmailers.

Will keep you posted!

Thanks

Natmax

• 3 months later...

Hi All

Just to keep you all posted. After doggedly replying requesting them to quote the so-called legislation, they have eventually left me alone. Stick at it - don't pay - they are just using scare tactics to frighten you into paying for something that you don't have to.

I also contacted Jane Hick by emailing her on this email address [email protected]. uk

Good luck to all of those of you who are fighting these UKPC predators.

Natmax

ps remember to never park over a white line!!!!!

• 3 months later...

Hi Kef9

They eventually went away! I had to write several times to 'Hunter Forest' and just re-iterated my original stance that I have done throughout. As the registered keeper you are not liable for someone else parking on their car park. This only applies to private land (this is not the case if you park on a public road and are issued a ticket by the local authority). Maintain that you are not liable and request that they quote you the exact relevant legislation. Also, don't let them bully you and scare you because they are very very good at it. They even stoop to sending letters titled YOU vs UKPC - this of course is a legal term and denotes that you are involved in a court case - this (along with most of their other threats) is just bravado. Tell them that unless they can quote the relevant legislation then to just leave you and your family alone or you will make a complaint to the police regarding harassment. I have to admit that they are very good at scaring you with their letters, but it's just deliberate scare tactics so don't let it worry you.

Always be very polite and professsional, but keep re-iterating your legal stance. Also, always send your letters by recorded delivery so that you have proof of posting.

In a previous post, I posted the information on contacting someone at British Parking. I am not sure if this was just coincidence or whether they just decided it wasn't cost-effective to hound me anymore. Email her at [email protected] and explain your complaint about UKPC - tell her that they never reply to your specific queries when you write to them. It took a while for her to respond, but she did in the end and was very interested in what I had to say.

Hope this info helps - I will try to post it on the main noticeboard too for others.

The very best of luck - and DO NOT give up - they will eventually go away because they do not have the law on their side.

Natmax

ps. When I got my ticket on Ashton Moss last Summer, I wrote a long letter to the Tameside Advertiser warning everyone about this practise and they did publish it, but obviously not everyone read this. Perhaps one of you who have been 'had over' on there should write again to the Advertiser to warn others. What is really sneaky is that these sharks do not wear official parking uniforms and just look like they are security guards, which lulls you into a false sense of security, but of course, this is just part of their scheme and deliberate.