Paulw V A&L

paulw

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5590 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I won £753.56 from Aliinace and leicester last month including my small claims fee.

However they have written to me on 20thSeptember, the day my cheque cleared which took a little longer than normal as they no doubt simmered down slowly. They have explained once again that they do not accept liability (hush money so they don't have to explain themselves in court) and will no longer provide banking facilities to me. They say that they will close my account by 23rd october. Of course I will ensure that I leave it in £ 1000 overdraft and let them chase me. However I have explained in my reply that I am a presenter on a national commercial radio station and will continue to update my listeners on the progress should they carry out their threat. Be warned if you don't have any other bank account, and I wouldn't advise cashing your cheque with your bank, I wanted to twist the knife but I wouldn't recommend it. hahahahahahahhaha

Hi Paul, Have they responded yet after you told them about being a radio presenter? Interesting to see what they do now. I am still in my first 14 days and have no response so far. I know doubt will have to send another letter. I am a bit worried about having to go to court, what happened at court in your case??

8)

CHARLIE

• 2 weeks later...

Hi no reply yet, I gave them my work address at the company which is a major publishing brand too. Luckily I have a savings account with Lloyds but there is no standing order or debit facility. I fear I will have to close it to get all my money from work in a few days. I am not using the alliance account anymore because they stopped my debit card without warning and, i suspect, my cheque book. However they didn't stop me using my £1000 overdraft to pay the Inland Revenue early online (phew). I wonder if they will still close my account on 26th October whilst I am still making use of that facility. Oh well, i don't mind a CCJ just to win this one. Luckily I have a spanish bank account and they have offered me a card.

Don't worry they will settle once you submit the claim and pay the £60 cash the cheque with them to annoy them more then get out asap, preferably with your overdraft active ha ha