• Tweets

• Thanks for posting the CPR contents. i do wish you hadn't blanked out the dates and times since at times they can be relevant . Can you please repost including times and dates. They say that they sent a copy of  the original  PCN that they sent to the Hirer  along with your hire agreement documents. Did you receive them and if so can you please upload the original PCN without erasing dates and times. If they did include  all the paperwork they said, then that PCN is pretty near compliant except for their error with the discount time. In the Act it isn't actually specified but to offer a discount for 14 days from the OFFENCE is a joke. the offence occurred probably a couple of months prior to you receiving your Notice to Hirer.  Also the words in parentheses n the Act have been missed off. Section 14 [5][c] (c)warn the hirer that if, after the period of 21 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to hirer is given, the amount of unpaid parking charges referred to in the notice to keeper under paragraph 8(2)(f) or 9(2)(f) (as the case may be) has not been paid in full, the creditor will (if any applicable requirements are met) have the right to recover from the hirer so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Though it states "if any applicable ...." as opposed to "if all applicable......" in Section 8 or 9. Maybe the Site could explain what the difference between the two terms mean if there is a difference. Also on your claim form they keeper referring to you as the driver or the keeper.  You are the Hirer and only the Hirer is responsible for the charge EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T THE DRIVER. So they cannot pursue the driver and nowhere in the Hirer section of the Act is the hirer ever named as the keeper so NPC are pursuing the wrong person.  
    • This is simply a scam site.  It's been shown to be a scam in the national press and on national TV. Please fill in the the forum sticky and upload the invoice you've received. In fact what you have is an invoice, not a fine, a private company doesn't have the power to issue fines.  
    • Moved to the Private Parking forum.
    • Good afternoon, I am writing because I am very frustrated. I received a parking fine from MET Parking Services Ltd , ( Southgate park Stansted CM24 1PY) . We stopped for a quick meal in Mcdonalds and were there fir around 30 mins. We always do this after flights and never received a parking fine before.  Reason: The vehicle left in Southgate car park without payment made for parking and the occupants southgate premises. they took some pictures of us leaving the car. i did not try and appeal it yet as I came across many forums that this is a scam and I should leave it. But I keep getting threatening letters.  Incident happened : 23/10/2023 I did contact Mcdonalds and they said this:  Joylyn (McDonald’s Customer Services) 5 Apr 2024, 12:05 BST Dear Laura, Thank you for contacting McDonald’s Customer Services. I’m sorry to hear that you have received a Parking Charge Notice following your visit to our Stansted restaurant.   We've introduced parking restrictions at some of our restaurants to make sure there are always parking spaces available for customers.   We appreciate that some visits such as birthday parties or large group visits might take longer and the parking restrictions aren't intended to stop this. If you think your stay will exceed the stated maximum parking time then please speak to a manager in advance.   Your number plate is scanned by our Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) system when you enter our car park, and then again when you leave. If you have overstayed the maximum time allowed, you will not be notified straight away- a Parking Charge Notice will be sent to you via the post.   If you feel that a Parking Charge Notice has been issued in error, please contact our approved contractors who issued the charge in order to appeal the charge. Unfortunately McDonald's are unable to revoke parking tickets- the outcome of the appeal is final and cannot be overturned by McDonald’s.   Many thanks for taking the time to contact McDonald’s Customer Services.   Can someone please help me out and suggest what I should do next?  Thank you 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

TPS ANPR overstay PCN claimform - TownGate Retail Park St James' St, Newport PO30 5HF is this a valid anpr ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1755 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

no!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

4 threads merged concerning many tickets/ccj for this friend and tps giving a bit more history

still need..the requested info I asked for please

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You certainly are cutting things a bit fine & your friend went over the time by many times the allowed 10 minute grace period. If the signage was in order I would have have just paid the £40!

she didnt know anything about them until she started to receive bw legal letter in october.

therefore couldnt even have chance to pay £40.

and if they've sent their WS we need all of it inc exhibits in ONE multipage pdf

read upload

theirs arrived on saturday 

unfortunatly I wont have chance to scan and edit it all out before i have to go out, 

and we need a copy of the defence you filed too

the defence was just a standard one from here, that one district judge liked and through 2 claims out with (will be adding that in the Witness Statement)

can we also have the location.

the Location is

TownGate Retail Park

St James' St, Newport PO30 5HF

will update with other info a lil bit later 

thank you guys 

• dx100uk changed the title to TPS ANPR overstay PCN claimform - TownGate Retail Park St James' St, Newport PO30 5HF is this a valid anpr ticket

Just an update, I was able to phone the court directly today and managed to get a 24hr extention for her to get statement in, will need to get a letter in with it too to explain why.

anyway here is the witness statement from the claimant.

the last pages relate to 2 court orders, the first order relates to this claim, and we have not seen a revised POC as directed.

having read through the statement fully, the letter of claim went to her old address yet the claim was issued at her new address.

your thought, 

ta muchly

Lets

wit_pt1.pdf

having read through the statement, i see that all the post went to the old address including the notice of claim, yet the claim form went to new address.

on 24th april the DJ struck the claim out and inviting the claimant to resubmit a new POC both too the court and to defendant, I know she hasnt received anything.

pix are unviewable.

dx

• Like 1

and they

are the amounts on the smaller sign defaced or not visible ? if so they will likely be invalid.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

are the amounts on the smaller sign defaced or not visible ? if so they will likely be invalid.

after looking closely looks like they have been defaced, these pictures of the signs where supplied by the Claimants Solicitors within the witness statement

Edited by letsgetitsorted

Possibly shot themselves in the foot if they are relying on those to show acceptance of their terms, as no indication of what sum they are asking for.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

now what about the DVLA data access matter- that will sink them if they havent applied for the keeper details for each and every ticket and she will be able to claim from them for the breaches of the DPA?GDPR and hammer tham for not following the protocols of the POFA as well.

Now the details of all the whays and hows are still needed and has she asked the council about planning permission for their cameras and signage? I hjave looked on the planning portal and nothing come sup so they are in trouble. Cameeras an poles require PP, where ones on buildings that are proper CCTV usually have deemed consent. The PCN are clearly from a camera on a pole so there ILLEGALLY and that makes a big defference as you cannot legally agree to be involved in criminality so no contract to break!

Edited by ericsbrother

25 minutes ago, ericsbrother said:

now what about the DVLA data access matter- that will sink them if they havent applied for the keeper details for each and every ticket and she will be able to claim from them for the breaches of the DPA? GDPR and hammer tham for not following the protocols of the POFA as well.

Now the details of all the whays and hows are still needed and has she asked the council about planning permission for their cameras and signage? I hjave looked on the planning portal and nothing come sup so they are in trouble. Cameeras an poles require PP, where ones on buildings that are proper CCTV usually have deemed consent. The PCN are clearly from a camera on a pole so there ILLEGALLY and that makes a big defference as you cannot legally agree to be involved in criminality so no contract to break!

after requesting the DVLA data they supplied information 48 times, but has nt said to what address, just on the registration.

Witness Statement had to be in on Tuesday so got as much info as I could on it, and managed to get a 24hr extension from the court to get it in yesterday.

I have also emailed the council and they are going to investigate the issue because they cant see any PP or any consent of anykind on the site relating to signs, Just waiting to hear back on that.

There are charges stated towards the bottom of the sign under the Parking Charge section. £70 reduced to £40 if paid within 14 days. 

yes the charges are at the bottom of the signs next to the red squared logo.

their witness statement also included the £54 collection charge, of which was thrown out by the DJ

so as far as PP goes, they dotn ave it and that is all you need to know. You then use this to state there was no contract to eneter or breach as that would be a criminal compact. you need to look the term up and use examples of other court cases even if they have nothing to do with parking as it is contract law  we are arguing about, not tarmac.

the discount period is a red herring as you didnt pay up and werent going to. if you wnat to argue that all of the paperwork went to the wromng address so you deserve to only pay the discount sum you may as well argue that the NTK wasnt properly served so according to the POFA there is no liability fro anyone to pay them as they got the procedures wrong (read and copy POFA)

good for a set aside but you have gone beyond that, you needed to ahve said why their contract isnt applicable or valid and that is down to authority to enter into contracts, clarity of offer and agreement to the terms.

Now as none of the paperwork went to the correct address in the required time you still ahve the POFA as your friend and that menas no keeper liability has been created and as you ahvent specifically admitted being the driver at the time they cant chase you as the keeper, which is te only contact details they hold.

you need to read up on this and specifically impress the judge with the no keeper liability bit UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES and use previous cases to support this lack of a cause for action against YOU.

the parking pranksters blog and the private parking appeals web site. Also see if they have planning permission for their signage, if they dotn then they cant offer a contract because of their illegality. again all this is in the pranksters blog for Dec 2016 and there is a link to research through the article on planning.

it is too late to submit stuff in writing but copy all of the material you want to reference and take it with you anyway so you can at least quote the law and other cases.

cheers Eric, 

will get all that ready for hearing, just had to get the Statement in for her as she was getting panicky.

I have emailed the council re PP and will see what they come back with, the lady i spoke to was very interested in them not having any.

cheers Lets 

You are now playing a fish you have already landed.

Pay attention to getting the other bits sorted out regarding understanding and being able to quote the relevant legislation and explaining why the parking co is stuffed is far more useful  than going after a second response to somehting you already know.

focus.

Hi All 

finally heard from planing and here is their response

Planning permission would not be required for the installation of an ANPR camera as the siting of a camera does not constitute development controlled by the Town and Country Planning Act (1990 as amended).

phoned court yesterday and all is still going through 

cheers

Lets

wrong 

must be an office junior replying

and they

Permitted development is attached to a building and lower than the roof line.

these are stand alone cameras on poles so no way can they be permitted development.

the person responding has given a generic answer to a question you didnt ask. I can tell you it rained last tuesday but that wont help you to know if it is going to rain tomorrow.

So you now read up on planning permission gor cameras on poles and also on signs and deemed consent and why these dont have it. Yu cna then talk abotu the illegality fo the parking co and how you cant enter into a criminal compact with them so no contract to break.

Edited by ericsbrother