Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice if you'd be so kind. Long story short, I've just had to pull up onto double yellow lines outside my house quite unexpectedly (I won't go into it here). After about ten seconds a random member of the public has photographed the car there as she walked past. A quick internet search has revealed that people can get paid for reporting parking offences using an app. This is the only reason I can fathom for someone photographing the car so I'm now anticipating receiving some kind of charge notice. Has anyone experienced this? Any advice on how to proceed, please? I'm not a blue badge holder and I don't take parking on double yellows lightly. 

Thanks in advance.

Any advice on how to proceed, please?

Forget about it. Only a council CEO can issue a PCN. A random person taking a photograph  is merely trying to frighten you, which they seem to have succeeded!!

• Thanks 1

that stupid app is only for PRIVATE CARPARKS run by CPM.

shame so many papers are calling a private parking ticket a penalty and a FINE

• Thanks 1

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

7 hours ago, Michael Browne said:

Forget about it. Only a council CEO can issue a PCN. A random person taking a photograph  is merely trying to frighten you, which they seem to have succeeded!!

Indeed. Let's hope that's the end of it. Thanks for the info.

Nowadays people take pictures and videos of everything.

Apart from clogging their phone memory, i don't know what they do with it.

Would be funny to go around with a fake full size broadcast camera and as soon as someone starts filming, point it at them.

I bet they'd start screaming: "Privacy! Data protection!" 😂😂😂

Some police forces ( sorry services) use data captured by the public to enforce traffic law but parking on a DYL isnt a criminal act and nowt to do wit the police in such an instance.

The woman doing the snapping may be reported  for abuse of your data under RIPA and the POFA (ch1 not sh4 as used for private parking) That will get the same response as her submission of  evidence of your sins, ie nothing.

• Thanks 1

Looking at all cyclists cam footage, the met police called in lots of "bad" drivers and the best they could do was to give them words of advice (apart from extreme cases of assault).

There's a reason why official cameras and body worn cameras are registered, approved and the footage download must follow a specific procedure.

Too easy to cut bits and bobs of a home made footage, too easy to extract a still picture from a video to rely on it for prosecution or parking ticket.

Look at this from a grand angle,  you were in traffic and stopped near the dyl otherwise you would hit the car in front.

Then the same car in front moves and 7/8 seconds later you move.

In those 7/8 seconds, someone takes a picture of your car.

You're stationary on a dyl but for a good reason!

In other words, forget about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, king12345 said:

Looking at all cyclists cam footage, the met police called in lots of "bad" drivers and the best they could do was to give them words of advice (apart from extreme cases of assault).

There's a reason why official cameras and body worn cameras are registered, approved and the footage download must follow a specific procedure.

Too easy to cut bits and bobs of a home made footage, too easy to extract a still picture from a video to rely on it for prosecution or parking ticket.

Look at this from a grand angle,  you were in traffic and stopped near the dyl otherwise you would hit the car in front.

Then the same car in front moves and 7/8 seconds later you move.

In those 7/8 seconds, someone takes a picture of your car.

You're stationary on a dyl but for a good reason!

In other words, forget about it. 

I'll certainly try! Thanks for your input.

you also know that it is permitted to load/unload a vehicle on DYL's?

I bet the woman with the camera doesnt know that and even if they did, didnt hang around long enough to see what you were loading at the time.

• Thanks 1