Safetynet credit- they lied about my income

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1779 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After making a formal complaint re irresponsibile lending they came back with a final response

They have claimed I was in receipt of “bank transfers totalling £800 plus per month” and gave me credit based on this fictitious amount.  This is entirely fictitious and easily provable by my bank statements. 

they have stated my credit file was “good” which it very clearly was not and again is easily provable. 

Ive gone to the FOS but they haven’t replied yet. 

What consequences could they face here and is there anyrhing else else I can do? I’ve sent a copy of the complaint to the FCA. 

Edited by Hacked_Off
Typos

Irresponsible lending.   Theyd be told to write it completely off.

Also, when was it taken out.  Did you notice when you got the loan, or was it a while later.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Safety net are rolling credit so they give you an amount and you draw it out when needed. You give access to your bank account and this is how they confirm amounts and so called affordability checks. 

I still have a copy of the original application which clearly states my income source was from employment only. 

The only transfers i have on my acocunt was between me and my freind sending eaxh other £20 every now and then. Even if you include this as income it comes no where near the amounts they claim -£800. 

Theyve also lied about the limit increases which again is easily provable. 

I took it out in 2017 then fell into financial difficulty late 2018 after being signed off from work following a suicide attempt and subsequently got a ptsd diagnosis. 

I then won a indirect discrimination claim against my employer and got a substantial pay out and paid it and paid it off in full in November 2018. 

I put in a formal complaint asking for all the interst baxk on the grounds of mental of mental health issues and affordability. 

They “investigated” and then asked for an extension. This is were I’ve discovered they have over inflated my earnings. 

Ive copied in the ceo to a email to the fca asking if they’d like to revise that final response

Also when the account was runing id pay it off then draw it all again within days. I believe this is an ICOBS (or BCOBS?) breach which says they have to monitor for financial difficulty. They’ve clearly failed to do that also. 

Tut tut 

Thank you for contacting SafetyNet Credit. 

All information categorised regarding the income received into your bank is taken directly from the read-only access we had to your online banking and is in no way fabricated to alter the outcome of your complaint.

We will not be revising our final response and you are welcome to forward this onto the Financial Ombudsman Service within 6 months from the date of your Final Response. Should you proceed in doing so, once they contact us we will forward all of our findings directly to them for the purposes of their own investigation.

Kind regards,”