Problem with new shower

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1778 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner had a new en-suite build and it was paid via finance via wickes.

Problems started happening with the shower cubicle with the wall panels they showed scratch marks.after much going backwards and forwards it was agreed to replace the walls.

The walls were delivered and the company put them in our conservatory, the fitter arrived about two weeks later and stated the walls had been stored incorrectly (they should have been stored flat, we didn't store them the bathroom company did) as a result they were warped. 

The bathroom company is refusing to replace the walls they say they have spent enough money on this no one is taking any responsibility.

Where do we stand, what is the best approach to resolve this?

Grateful for any help

Well fairly clearly if the supplier delivered them and stacked them in your conservatory then if the way they were stacked was wrong, the supplier must be responsible.

Usual wickes fitting problems.

They subcontract their fitting service to companies (or better, one man bands) without properly checking their skills and experience. 

I have attended many many sites to fix stuff clearly fitted incorrectly.

One thing which always made me mad is that they fit bathrooms and kitchens without renewing pipes, waste and electric, so as soon as they are gone trouble starts.

Won't be surprised if the cracks are due to old pipes leaking in the wall.

Save yourself a lot of grief, get wickes to replace all material that is damaged and pay a professional to fit.

You'll be glad.