Cabot/Ruthbridge chasing old Aqua card debt

Lukather
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all - I've just received a letter from Cabot Financial advising they have passed an outstanding credit card balance of around £7000 to Ruthbridge Ltd.

The letter from Ruthbridge states that they are acting as an agent of Cabot Financial and that :

We are able to discuss various repayment options, these include:
Repayment of the debt by realistic instalments over an agreed period.
Early settlement of the debt by payment of a single lump sum.

To avoid any further action it is important you make contact with us.
You should be aware this debt will remain outstanding if ignored and we urge you to work with us.

This is a credit card debt from around 7 years ago - I can't ever remember having a credit card limit of 6-7000 so not sure how this figure is correct.

I'm currently on Universal Credit and have no way of paying this back.
I've checked my credit report today and can see no CCJ for this debt
I have lived at the same address for over 10 years.

I'm guessing they are just fishing for a reply but would appreciate any advice please just in case - thank you

Who is the oc?

was it taken out at your present ad?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Cabot/Ruthbridge chasing old Aqua card debt

so was this a halifax aqua card or a newday one?

have you ever sent them a CCA request?

when was the last time you paid anything?

is this on your credit file?

if so does this have a defaulted date?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if last payment was outside 6yrs then send our sb letter from the debt collection section of the library.

and they

• 1 year later...

Hello All - I've received a letter today from Cabot Financial advising that they are passing on a debt to Global Debt Recovery Ltd as they haven't been able to contact me.

I haven't received any letters from Cabot for a couple of years and those letters didn't quote any amount like £7000.

I haven't ever contacted Cabot either.

My address hasn't changed for over 10 years.

The letter states that the outstanding balance is around £7000 and the Original lender according to this letter is SAV Credit.

I don't recognise this debt amount as I've never had a credit card with that sort of credit amount (4000 was my max limit) and I don't recognise 'SAV Credit'.

I've checked my credit file and nothing new has been added. I have one CCJ granted in 2015 for £3500 which I assume expires at the end of this year.

On the other side of the same letter Global Debt Recovery are asking me to contact them to arrange a repayment on this debt.

My financial problems are from around 2012/2013 and I'm sure I was unable to make any repayments to my debts from around that time so I'm assuming

that this would make this debt 'statute barred' anyway.

I was made redundant a few years ago and I'm on Universal Credit at the moment and have no way of paying this kind of money.

I'm not too keen on just ignoring this type of letter as that has caused me problems in the past.

Would appreciate any advice Thank you 

Well before you can determine if its Statute Barred you need to find out what it is......do they refer to an account number ?

If so send them a CCA request section 78...see if that throws any light on the alleged debt.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for your reply Andyorch - Unfortunately there are no credit card account numbers quoted in the letter to identify which credit card company is involved. It just states the outstanding balance and that the original lender is SAV Credit.

It only has the Cabot/Global Debt Recovery reference numbers for this debt. 

Did a quick internet search and SAV credit was also known as Newday Cards Ltd - neither of which I recognise.

Thanks Paul

Okay.....alleged debt chasing with no reference numbers or agreement numbers...they really do still work in the dark ages.

So wait now until Ambulance chasers Global Debt write.....then come back here for further advice....in the meantime radio silence.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Threads merged

Did you not send the sb letter we advised 2yrs ago

and they

And if you have an agreement number send the CCA request also.....its not an acknowledgment of the debt.

Thanks for your replies. I tried searching for my post from a while back but could not find it.

Yes I believe I did send the statute barred letter a couple of years ago and haven't heard another thing until the letter today.

I will send another SB letter to Global Debt Recovery and see what happens.

I don't have any credit card numbers/ agreements just debt company reference numbers so not sure if I can send CCA request as well.

Thanks Paul 

just click your username and everything is there.

if you sent it 18mts ago they should not be contacting you

pers i'd not repeat the letter but remind cabot you sent it date xxxxx (include a copy of your original letter)

and that should you hear from them again you will raise a serious complaint under conc rule xxxx quoted in the letter and seek compensation under those rules and suitable monetary sums for undue harassment.

dx

and they