Harlands/exercise4less/crs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1552 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

so similar position to what everyone else is in, I’ve been with e4l for a few years and probably not used it in 2. When browsing my direct debits I realised I was still paying for this so just cancelled the dd on the spot.

within a few weeks I got an email from them saying you owe x. I replied saying by cancelling the dd I terminate my contract. Leave it again for a few more weeks and now I have crs contacting me. They’re trying to get close to £200 out of me.

I've emailed crs saying I’ve cancelled my membership but they’ve not replied. They’ve now sent a text asking me to call them. 

Ive seen the recommendation to send a letter which I will do today but is there anything I should worry about in my case and should I ring crs? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

i intend to buy a house this year so really do not want my credit rating being affected.

thanks in advance!

Callum 

don't show on credit files

shame you cant reclaim for all the months you blindly paid but didn't use it!

ignore them now.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Callum and welcome to CAG

Write to Harlands (n0t CRS as they are the same outfit). Use a letter from here offering to pay just one month's fee for the notice you should have given; offer valid for 14 days only and withdrawn if they demand any higher amount.

Send the letter by post and get a free Cert of Posting at the PO Counter. 

Make no other response to Harlands/CRS or Zinc.

This will have no effect at all on your credit rating.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just had a return letter from them:

Further to your recent correspondence, we wish to advise that cancelling your direct debit was not adequate notice of your intention to cancel. The terms of your agreement specifically statethat you must give notice in via the club’s website and complete minimum number of direct debit payments you committed to.

We are unable to accept your offer of £19 as sufficient to settle this debt because more than one month has passed without payment and without completing the correct cancellation procedure.

As you did not complete correct cancellation procedure, the club were bound by the contract to hold your membership open for you. A service has been provided during this time, at the cost to the club, whether you attended or not.

As your payments were not honoured and you failed to rectify your breach of agreement charges were applied to your account and your file referred to ourselves for collection at which point you became responsible for our collection fees.

To be clear, the addition of charges in such circumstances is stipulated in the terms of your agreement.

It is our position that our charges are lawful and in line with all relevant guidance and thus are not unlawful.

These charges have been added to cover actual and necessary costs incurred because of your breach of contract and thus are not penalties.

We may be able to negotiate a reduction on these charges, but will not accept any offer of payment that gives no consideration to the costs these charges cover.

For the above reasons it must remain our position that the balance of x is correct and due.

What should I do now?

already answered by slick132 in his last post

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

doesn't matter.

could be months even years

just do not respond further in any way shape or form

forget about it.

nothing anyone can do to you as its a gym debt

and they

Hi Callum,

Just ignore demands from Harlands/CRS or Zinc or anyone else.

They may go on for months but, once they see you're ignoring all contact, they'll move on to weaker prey.

Keep us posted though ..........

:-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning all, just had another letter from crs threatening 1) legal action. 2) outsource to external agents. 

Funny how the legal action is half is half a page of text and outsource is a one liner. Intimidation tactics at its finest.

I take it they'll take the external agents course of action?

Ill continue to ignore them.

thanks.

callum 

Edited by Callumwith2ls

Hi Callum,

Sounds like you might hear from Zinc sometime soon. When you do ..............

............ ignore them !! 🤣 🤣

• 4 weeks later...

Good  but keep us posted 😎👍

• 1 month later...

Mug to give out your number.

Report it as spam 

And block them

and they

Ok...

Well read threads here.

You'll soonget the idea.

Dx

and they

• 3 months later...

Hi Callum and thanks for the update.

Very often a thread goes quiet when Harlands stop pursuing the gym member, which isn't helpful to  other CAGgers being chased.

It's good to hear that ignoring Harlands/CRS resulted in them leaving you alone.

👍

• 2 weeks later...

best to create your own topic please 

hit create in the top red banner.

and read the letter properly..it doesn't say WILL anything!!

dx

and they

Hi Emzy,

Please start your own new thread in the Gym Forum and we'll give you all the help we can.

Use this link to start your own thread and we'll respond and help - https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/185-gyms-and-health-clubs/?do=add