• Tweets

• If I copied anybody into your complaint it would be your local Care Commissioning Group, not the GMC...
    • So ignore emails from ADCB now ?  I told them they will have to contact me by email and it will have to go to UK courts
    • Hello   Not a legal issue as such but wasn't sure where to ask advice on this.   I have just been awarded £2050 on a PPI claim.  I went through a claims company so i expected to pay them 40% plus VAT of the claim won.  However, i am querying the quoted court costs (which i was not informed about prior to this).  They are quoting the following court costs: -   £205 - Court Issue Fee £335 - Court Hearing Fee   I am no legal expert but these seem very high for such a small financial claim.  I will be lucky to see £500 of the initial £2050 if this is correct (yes i understand the 40% i could have avoided if i didnt use the claims company).  If these costs seem realistic then no probs with agreeing to them but if the claims company artificially inflated these for their own gain i would be none the wiser.     Can anyone advise please?   Thanks 
    • Our general hospital uses a similar system, but I don't think(?) it displays all your personal details for confirmation at the end of the process.  In fact I'm pretty sure that at the end of the process it displays only the last three or four digits of your 'phone number and you must confirm that this is correct.    Also at my GP's surgery it only asks for date and month of birth together with the initial letter of your surname and then it displays "Thank you.  You are recorded as attending".   I would say what you describe is a sort of breach of data protection, but not sure how serious it might be.  (I can see no valid reason for displaying full name and address etc if other hospitals' systems don't).   Go to the website of the NHS Trust in question and see what their complaints process is.  There may be two different processes: one for "general complaints" and a separate one for data protection complaints (eg direct to the trust's data controller*).   Personally, I would complain down both routes.  Don't, whatever you do, get diverted down the PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service) path as they won't be equipped to deal with this sort of issue.   As a former NHS manager I'd be interested to know what sort of reply you get.   FWIW I'm surprised(!) the ICO suggested complaining to the GMC as they won't be interested.  This isn't a medical staff issue - it's a trust data management issue.  (I'm really surprised at the ICO's suggestion on this - it's bonkers!).   *If you can't find out how to contact the Trust's data controller from their website, ring and ask them.   EDIT:  I wouldn't allow people to "shoulder surf" me.  Our trust makes it clear that people behind you have to stand behind a line so they can't see over your shoulder.  If anybody was standing directly behind me I would "politely" draw their attention to the notices and "ask" them to stand back.  If your hospital does not make this clear, that's another complaint...)
    • but they don't know that do they.   pers I wouldn't sweat   
  • Our picks

Jaksmyboy

MBNA-Arrow-Capquest

Hi all

I obtained a MBNA credit card in 2014, things went very wrong for us and it ended up in our IVA in 2016. My credit file states that it defaulted in Aug 2016 (when we started our IVA-however I never received a default notice?)

Our IVA failed in Dec 2018 and I haven't paid anything towards this debt since then.

Arrow Global were chasing us for a while for this debt-so I sent off a CCA to them in early May-haven't heard anything from them in response to my letter BUT got a letter from Capquest 18th May to say that they are now dealing with our account.

Then on 24th May I received a letter from Arrow again stating that they are dealing with the account and that correspondence should be directed to them-still no response to the CCA though.

So, my questions are:

Do I send a CCA to Capquest (they are quite persistent with their calls, txts and emails)?

Do I respond to Arrow?

Thanks

Hi all

Anybody any idea about this other topic I posted a few days ago? 

Just that I've received another letter from CAPQUEST again today stating that they are managing the account on behalf of Arrow Global....Arrow were sent a CCA letter at the beginning of May-ive still not had a response from them but now being hassled by Capquest? Do I send Capquest a CCA letter?

Thanks

capquest are arrows ignore them until/unless they comply to your CCA request and we check it.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

I'm being hassled by Capquest….A LOT! Lots of calls and letters, even got through to me at work which is not ideal. 

Do I send them a CCA request (I never received one from Arrow after sending one to them beginning of May)? I know what you've said previously @dx100uk but to get them off my back-send the CCA request or just continue to block and ignore?

If the advice is to continue to ignore, what is the next step I should look out for from them or what could they do next?

Thanks

its all they can do.

they'll give up.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

I've (finally) had a response to the CCA request I sent to Arrow in April!

The letter they sent back includes; a copy of the agreement and a copy of the terms and conditions.

They 'confirm'; the account is in default and the total sum outstanding.

And they request-'please now provide your proposal for repayment of your debt. Failure to do so will result in the continuation of collection activity, which in your case may include litigation'.

They also advise that they are only dealing with this document request and that all enquiries should be directed to Capquest...

What would anyone advise I do now with Arrow/Capquest?

Thanks

Scan up all the cca return to one multipage pdf please

spreadsheets 

And not a very good recon

Clearly states its an application form

And then proposed conditions

Then says its and online signup in 2016

But somehow mbna agreed to it 12 mths earlier

Nice filling cabinet copy and paste from arrows filing cabinet.

Dx

spreadsheets 

Thanks @dx100uk, you see things that I just didn't even notice! 

And actually (and apologies for not uploading at the same time) but I received the attached letter the day before this 'agreement' came through-clearly stating that they hadn't received the necessary documents but that it hasn't been overlooked etc, then the very next day I receive the documents.....?

So, do I respond?

Many thanks

Edited by Jaksmyboy
Card details still visible

What would anyone suggest is my next move with Arrow here?

Thanks

yours is not the next move.

dx

spreadsheets