Disability impact Statement for Employment Tribunal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1760 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All!

I am posting here out of desperation :-(  I am currently in the process of a disability discrimination case with my ex employer who 'let me go' 40 mins after disclosing my mental health issues that were being affected by the awful environment i had to work in. I've had 1 preliminary hearing and have another in August to determine disability and if it affected me substantially. I've been asked to do a impact statement but feel as if im going crazy trying to work out exactly what should be in there and what shouldn't. As i have said I am desperate any advice or help would be hugely appreciated!

Thank You :-) 

Edited by SuzyQ1962
update

I think you may find this guide useful. It' quite detailed, so you will not need all of it! It is in plain language, and includes a sample impact statement, and a helpful sample letter to write to your doctor for their statement too.

https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/sites/default/files/proving_disability_and_reasonable_adjustments.pdf

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!