BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• I was wondering if someone can help? I received 2 county court claims the same day today. 1 from 2014 and 1 from 2015. I actually cannot remember as it was so long ago. What shall I do? Any advice would be grateful 
    • My son and his colleague's who work for Police Scotland had to attend and disperse 20 odd folk having a house party in edinburgh. Most of them drugged up, total moron's.
    • Whilst I don't always agree with his politics, I wouldn't wish this on anyone.
    • Quick update.   I haven't heard anything from court yet, still assume the notice of allocation should be next together with a request for me to pay £170 hearing fee, but that's just my guess   Trying to give me a heart attack, my insurance Halifax sent me a letter on Saturday, saying the claim from December 2019 has now been settled in full and recorded as me being at fault. But my insurance premiums would not change. And that was about it.   When I called them they said I should call the underwriters for further information, which in this case is LV. Got hold of LV claims today and they said the case has not been settled and is ongoing as it is disputed. They said they have no idea where Halifax got the information from that it was settled. They haven't made any payment yet and the matter is ongoing.   So phoned Halifax back and spoke to someone else. They then told me the wording of their letter was wrong and it should have said it was settled with me NOT being at fault hence no change to my insurance premiums. I told them that was also not quite right, as the underwriters say the case is still open and ongoing and it is not settled at all. The lady at Halifax then said it didn't matter really, as it made no difference to me as my premiums are not affected and if there is anything else to do the underwriters would surely let them know, so they were not interested to talk to LV or change anything in their system.   So at present the Halifax shows this as settled with me not being at fault, the underwriters LV show it as not settled, still in progress and disputed.   As these were only telephone calls I have sent a letter to the Halifax today with a summary of my telephone conversation with them advising them of what the underwriters have told me and what was generally discussed over the phone.   Had quite an interesting conversation with the Underwriters though. They said it is very common for the police not to do a collision report. They have that all the time, irrespective of how many cars are involved. If nobody got seriously injured they will do away with a report. Apparently it's common practice nowadays.Well, learned something there, but I guess they deal with these things every day.          
    • Whilst I appreciate the post office is working incredibly hard.. I hope they manage to get those masks to where they need to go and fast !.    My Postman's wife, who is a District Nurse has been confirmed as having Covid 19, so sadly as he now has to be isolated.. there is going to be one less postman to help deliver these.     
  • Our picks

jazztheman

Private Pension and ESA?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 283 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am currently claiming Joint ESA (Support Group) for myself and my wife who is disabled, I am her carer.

I am due for retirement in 18 months time,

today I received a letter from a private pension from a company that I worked with a few years ago. 

The letter notified me that this private pension would start paying monthly payments of £80 per month from December 2019 when I am 65.

Being on ESA I don't want to go onto Universal Credit if at all possible. 

Will this private pension trigger a change for Universal Credit to be applicable? 

What would be the situation if I deferred this private pension until my official retirement age of 66?

Sadly it may as it would as the Private Pension would be classed as an Occupational Pension and taken into account.

I myself am disabled and have a two different pensions one they cannot touch but the other Pension they can as they class it as Private/Occupational Pension and it is taken into account. 

IMO I would advise that you inform them of this change as it is a change in circumstances just so you are on the right side of DWP you don't want to give then a reason to hit out with sanctions.

Whether they would reassess you for universal credit or just reassess your present claim only is really in DWPs hands

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Do you know what type of pension it is, Jazz? Is it with an insurance company?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Would be counted as unearned income, as it is not related to current employment.  So it needs to be advised to ESA and they will take it into account.

See this link  https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/778262/admh5.pdf

Don't need to change to UC. You would stay on ESA, until DWP begins the managed migration process. If you both reach state pension credit age before UC migration, then you simply claim relevant retired age benefits.  If your wife was a lot younger than yourself, then you might be dragged into claiming UC on migration, as mixed age couples (one of pension credit age and other below) have to claim UC, unless the disabled person is getting the SDP addition.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It's not with an insurance company it's a works pension scheme.

Thank you. So it sounds like an occupational pension.

HB

Bit of an update,

another private pension with another old company turned up this week with a pension pot value of around £10k the previous pension company had a pension pot of around £26k. Both companies have the option to do nothing and leave the pots alone until I reach my official state pension age in around 18 months time, which is the option I would prefer to do.

Age UK and the Money Advice Service are stating that because I am below state pension age and not taking income from the pension pots the DWP does not have to be informed until I reach state pension age.

Does this information seem correct?

I don't want to break any DWP rules. 

correct.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, the whole DCA industry would collapse overnight.

if you popback to UB67's post and that link

read from h5156

if you are entitled to it, [as you say above dec 19] even though you may defer it you appear to me to have to declare it for UC purposes?

the biggest financial industry in the UK, the whole DCA industry would collapse overnight.

If below state pension age and you don't receive any private pensions money you don't have to declare.

As soon as you reach state pension age, you have to declare to DWP, even if you decided to delay receiving it.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

why is that doc so diff to understand..thanks.

so the only bit I missed out was reaching state pension age

which I found to be very doubt dutch in some of the clauses.

The Age UK information is available from here http://tinyurl.com/y38n39bx  which is much easier to understand, although some of the information seems to conflict with other advisory organisations.

are the 2 pots still actively invested or frozen? If the latter you could still transfer then into another active scheme without ever handling the money but get a bit of capital growth for the next 18 months.

The two pension companies are waiting for my decision on what to do with them. I will more than likely request to leave the both pots alone until I reach my state pension age and then take out an annuity.

Hi.

You could speak to Pensions Wise about what to do with your pensions now or in a couple of years time, to understand the options, because you don't have to take an annuity if it doesn't suit you. Pensions Wise are independent and free.

https://www.pensionwise.gov.uk/en

HB