Xercise4Less / Harlands / Credit Resolutions Limited letters and threats!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1761 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon everyone. 

I find myself in a slightly similar position with Harlands/Exercise4Less/Credit Resolution Services and now a new  debt collection agency under the name of Zinc Group Ltd.

i signed up to my local E4L branch under a promotional offer stated at £15 a month. When visiting the  gym for the first time I asked if there was any contract, to which the lady on reception responded with ‘no it’s just £15 a month and you can cancel when you want, just let us know’.

After being given such a relaxed response, I then cancelled the direct debit mandate via my bank (2 months after signing up), and thought that was that.

That was until March, when I was bombarded with red headed letters and  phone calls from someone in Hayward’s Heath (which I am now aware is Credit Resolution Services). Ordering me to pay up an amount of £189.47 for ‘payments in arrears’ to  Harlands Group.

After making numerous calls jumping back and forth from CRS,  Harlands and the local  gym in late March. I gave up trying to find a reasonable answer, but was told that I should have give a months notice to cancel my direct debit (which looking at other people’s submissions on here, means bugger all anyway).

To cut a very long and stressful story short, I am still yet to pay anyone money and refuse to do so, however I am worried that this may affect my credit score in some manner and/or lead to bailiffs round or a court order.

I have  ignored all of these agencies since my initial wave of  phone calls, but would just like some re-assurance that I won’t have to pay this debt off, as it is making me anxious. There was no contract signed for myself, nor an email with terms and conditions.

Any advice or questions welcome.

Many thanks

Hi Vard and welcome to CAG

Please read other threads here - you'll soon learn all you need to know, like

1. Stop speaking to Harlands/CRS - this will get you nowhere !

2. Zinc are well known to us. They often follow with threats after Harlands/CRS have failed to scare you into paying. Zinc should be totally ignored.

3. This matter will not affect your credit rating at all, nor will any bailiffs get involved.

Find a draft on one of the older threads here - offer to pay 1 months fee for the notice you failed to give; offer valid for 14 days only and it's withdrawn if Harlands fail to accept or demand any higher amount.

Send to Harlands and get a free Cert of Posting at the PO.

If anyone calls you, hang up. If you get any other demands by letter or email, ignore them. Make no further contact after the letter to Harlands.

:-)

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Bailiffs??

where did you ever get that idea from??

They could never ever be involved on any consumer debt unless

The debt owner raises a court

You lose

You dont pay within 28 days

The owner returns to court and the judge allows their use

Gyms do not do court...so...

A dca is not a bailiff

And has

ZERO legal powers

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They will not try court as CRS/Harlands added fees are an egregious unlawful addition.  plus they don't have Locus Standi to claim only Xcercise4less can do that., Interestingly they were featured on Watchdog in 2015 they didn't come out of that too well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p036nqvb

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

The BBC Watchdog item in the post above is over 3 years old but it's still relevant.

However, although the gym admits they got things wrong, they fail to admit or recognise that Harlands/CRS act on the gym's behalf and they harass folk relentlessly.

Follow our advice here on CAG and don't worry at all about any more demands. Offer to pay as I suggested above and then nothing more.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)