BankFodder BankFodder

bailey7

DWP MORTGAGE PAYMENTS mean santander mark me always late?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 237 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I’ve worked hard to finally achieve an impeccable credit file.
Through illness I’ve claimed DWP support for my mortgage interest.
The payments go directly to Santander my mortgage lender which wasn’t a problem until I realised that there is notes stating my mortgage is paid by a third party and Equifax and Experian etc both report a negative status on my mortgage account.
I phoned Santander and was informed that as long as the DWP paid payments for mortgage interest , then I would permanently be reported in arrears by 1 month.
This was never explained to me.
My options to get any other mortgage when I’m back to work are now zero as every payment the DWP makes each month is a month of negative status which stays on my credit report for 6 yrs after the last DWP payment.
Universal credit claimants etc are encouraged to pay their own rent etc out of their benefits as it’s ‘their human rights’ ....
Does anyone know how I can get my DWP mortgage payments made to myself so I can pay my lender myself?
Is there a contract I’m unaware of as part of the mortgage loan from DWP ?
Any help sincerely appreciated xx

Hi and Welcome to CAG

I assume you are also making payments to the mortgage direct and on time by the date required ? SMI is only additional payment to the interest element of the mortgage...

Was you in arrears before you got this assistance ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

No my mortgage was only in arrears when the DWP stopped paying the interest for almost 4 months as the transition to the SMI loan.

Santander are in a scheme with the DWP regarding the interest SMI getting moved over so u would assume they would be better informed of the DWP delay.

A similar thing happened 2 years ago and I got an apology off DWP saying the payments had been overlooked due to a computer glitch ... That also left 2 late payments on my credit files even though I paid the mortgage payments I was paying on time every month!

No SMI payments are made directly to the lender and cannot be paid to the claimant.

Suggest that you call UC on 0800 328 5644 to check why there have been delays in processing payments to Santander.  As far as I understand it, when UC generate the payment to yourself, they also generate the SMI payment to the lender.  So, if your payment date was today, that is when the lender should receive the payment.

If UC have caused you problems with the mortgage company, then go to Gov.uk and register a complaint.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread