IB to ESA migration

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1790 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have just discovered that there’s been a DWP blunder when people migrated from IB to ESA.

I’ve not been contacted yet but I am just trying to work out If I was one of the affected claimants. When I claimed IB I was also given an Income support top up for my partner as he wasn’t able to claim JSA at the same time.

When I migrated I was put on contributions based ESA for one year and then it changed to IR because I was placed in WRAG group.

Am I right in thinking I could have been entitled to both types of ESA? Neither myself or my partner worked at the time and we had no assets or savings at the time.

Tia x

typically those effected were all written to, but I suppose a few might have slipped the net.

no harm in ringing them up and enquiring.

however, I've never heard of people going from ESA to IB just because they were placed in the workgroup...???

you cant get 'both types' of ESA..whatever that is?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well yes sorry

but you cant get both elements nor a mix of IR / CB AFAIK

more info on the 'mistakes' IB>ESA here

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes people could claim both income related and contributions based ESA at the same time, if they qualified for both.  And obviously if they applied for both.

Don't know answer to question being asked about IB to ESA issue. But I believe that I have heard that not all cases where an error may have occured have been identified. 

Best route to take, is to raise a complaint by visiting Gov.uk and looking for how to complain. Then provide a letter with full name, address, national insurance number, what benefits were claimed. Just say that you have not been contacted about the IB to ESA error and can they look into this. If you give your telephone number, perhaps they will then call you, if more information is needed.

Complaint route may be best, as you are probably too late for any mandatory reconsideration appeal.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread