BankFodder BankFodder

barafear799

Hoist Claim Form - TSB Lloyd trustcard Credit Card debt

An update of sorts. 

I haven't heard anything since submitting my "Formal Defence" on 12th Dec. 

Logged into MCOL to see if there was any update - nothing showing there. 

Is it down to me to ring court (generally 20+ min wait on phone!) or just wait?

did you get a  letter from the court acknowledging your defence submission.?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, the whole DCA industry would collapse overnight.

Had nothing in post at all.

This was a second defence submitted manually...you dont get an acknowledgment from the court...next order should be allocation.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Still nothing in the post, over nine weeks now since the deadline for producing my "formal defence".

Getting slightly worried that something's gone amiss and I'm half expecting a CCJ in the post. 

I have twice tried to phone the court and have been no.36 in the queue and just now no.44 in the queue. 

I thought contacting the tax office was bad. 

How are we supposed to get help or find out info if this is the way our court system works?

Before Deputy District Judge xxxxx sitting at the County Court at xxxxxx."

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1. By no later than 4pm on 12th December 2019 the Defendant shall file a formal defence to the claim"

Which Court issued the Order above ?

Which court are you trying to ring?

Possibly they have discontinued their claim on receipt of your defence ?

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

My local court issued the order and that is who I am trying to call. Tried again and I was 68 in the queue!! So still not found out. Obviously normally I'd expect the next step to be witness statements but it would appear we have both more or less done that. Just wondering whether something's got lost in post. Even with Christmas it's been a long time

Is there no chance you can call in in person ?

Thanks for the responses Andy. 

Yes, I was able to call into the court in person - but not overly helpful - first being told to call the number I had been calling (and being an average of no.50 in the queue) and then eventually being given an email address by the court usher - I have emailed them and got an auto response stating a response within 10 working days. 

I do consider it quite a long delay since the deadline for providing the "Formal Defence" - but I know that sometimes process can be a bit slow. 

Thanks again.

Ridiculous isn't it...so he wasn't able to check the claim number on the courts system to tell you the status ...i suppose that would be too easy.

I doesn't take 9 weeks...something is seriously amiss here...hopefully it is discontinuance and they have failed to inform you.

Court usher was a woman and no she said she did not have access to the court system - well actually I think she said she "wasn't able to provide that info to me" - so probably was able to access but advised not to provide this info to public. 

I haven't heard anything from the claimant either - so not all bad. 

Few days later - still nothing in the post and no emails yet (ok, up to 10 working days....but )