Hoist Claim Form - TSB Lloyd trustcard Credit Card debt *** Claim Discontinued ***

barafear799
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

An update of sorts. 

I haven't heard anything since submitting my "Formal Defence" on 12th Dec. 

Logged into MCOL to see if there was any update - nothing showing there. 

Is it down to me to ring court (generally 20+ min wait on phone!) or just wait?

did you get a  letter from the court acknowledging your defence submission.?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This was a second defence submitted manually...you dont get an acknowledgment from the court...next order should be allocation.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...

Still nothing in the post, over nine weeks now since the deadline for producing my "formal defence".

Getting slightly worried that something's gone amiss and I'm half expecting a CCJ in the post. 

I have twice tried to phone the court and have been no.36 in the queue and just now no.44 in the queue. 

I thought contacting the tax office was bad. 

How are we supposed to get help or find out info if this is the way our court system works?

Before Deputy District Judge xxxxx sitting at the County Court at xxxxxx."

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1. By no later than 4pm on 12th December 2019 the Defendant shall file a formal defence to the claim"

Which Court issued the Order above ?

Which court are you trying to ring?

Possibly they have discontinued their claim on receipt of your defence ?

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

My local court issued the order and that is who I am trying to call. Tried again and I was 68 in the queue!! So still not found out. Obviously normally I'd expect the next step to be witness statements but it would appear we have both more or less done that. Just wondering whether something's got lost in post. Even with Christmas it's been a long time

Is there no chance you can call in in person ?

Thanks for the responses Andy. 

Yes, I was able to call into the court in person - but not overly helpful - first being told to call the number I had been calling (and being an average of no.50 in the queue) and then eventually being given an email address by the court usher - I have emailed them and got an auto response stating a response within 10 working days. 

I do consider it quite a long delay since the deadline for providing the "Formal Defence" - but I know that sometimes process can be a bit slow. 

Thanks again.

Ridiculous isn't it...so he wasn't able to check the claim number on the courts system to tell you the status ...i suppose that would be too easy.

I doesn't take 9 weeks...something is seriously amiss here...hopefully it is discontinuance and they have failed to inform you.

Court usher was a woman and no she said she did not have access to the court system - well actually I think she said she "wasn't able to provide that info to me" - so probably was able to access but advised not to provide this info to public. 

I haven't heard anything from the claimant either - so not all bad. 

• 2 months later...

A long awaited update - I assume the courts were closed due to Covid-19 - but my case has now been allocated to my local court for August. 

And before I go on, I do hope everyone on here is safe and well (as can be). 

This is on the assumption that the claimant pays the court fee before mid-July. 

Assumed case will take "no longer than 3 hours". 

Each party must deliver to the other party and to the court office copies of all documents on which that party intends to rely on at the hearing no later than 28 May. 

From my point of view, I assume that will just be a copy of my witness statement/particularised defence. 

Any advice at this stage please?

Is it just a case of sending the copies of the details to date to other party and court? 

Should I be coming up with anything new at this stage?

Sorry - I know it's been a while and I'm not expecting the helpful experts on here to remember the details

- the last requirement from my point of view was to send a formal defence to the claim (which more or less took the form of a WS)

- the claimant had already produced a WS despite the court not explicitly requiring one

- so that's where we're at

- my formal defence/WS rebutted their "original t&c" partly based on the reference to pin numbers

- which were not a feature of credit cards at the date of the original agreement. 

Thanks for reading and any help at this stage greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Responding to your PM.

Yes your standard disclosure will consist of your statement and any document referred to in either your initial defence or statement...CCA request/response CPR 31.14 request /response etc etc......

Andy 

Yes and a set to the court by the date stated.

Just got an email from the solicitors

- not sure whether they will have sent copy in Royal Mail too

- just stating that they will be relying on the evidence in their "premature" WS produced back in October last year. 

This is the WS that I based my formal defence/Witness statement on .

assuming they pay their fee by July,

and the case goes ahead in August,

it will be a simple case of persuading the judge that their lack of credit agreement and default notice are enough to win me the case?

Sit and wait

• 1 month later...

Update!!! 

Email received from solicitors (well I was cc'd in on an email to the Court)

Notice of Discontinuance,

Does this mean it's a "Success" and no more to be heard?

Or potentially they could find the correct paperwork and start a new claim?

But, for the moment, I am happy.

Thanks for the help and guidance on this thread.

Well done! This is more than likely the end of it, but you should check with the court at some stage that they've officially discontinued.

They can still chase you for the debt, and they might, but you can just ignore. If they were to issue proceedings again, you can refer to this case in your submissions - it won't reflect very well on them if their case is similar to this time. The chances of them trying again are probably slim though.

Doing a quick Google search on discontinuance, I note something about "paying the defendant's costs"

Am I pushing my luck in chasing this up?

As for the contribution - that's a given

1 hour ago, shamrocker said:

Well done! This is more than likely the end of it, but you should check with the court at some stage that they've officially discontinued.

They can still chase you for the debt, and they might, but you can just ignore. If they were to issue proceedings again, you can refer to this case in your submissions - it won't reflect very well on them if their case is similar to this time. The chances of them trying again are probably slim though.

The email was to the local court where the claim was to be heard in August; they had until some date in July to pay the fee for continuing with the proceedings. 

• dx100uk changed the title to Hoist Claim Form - TSB Lloyd trustcard Credit Card debt **DISCONTINUED**

it was only a matter of time before they realised you were not a mug and they had a lemon debt.

as 99% of these old card debts are.

please consider a donation to keep us here for you and others.

title updated

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

3 hours ago, barafear799 said:

Doing a quick Google search on discontinuance, I note something about "paying the defendant's costs"

Am I pushing my luck in chasing this up?

As for the contribution - that's a given

The email was to the local court where the claim was to be heard in August; they had until some date in July to pay the fee for continuing with the proceedings. 

Great news...thread title amended.

CPR 38.6 does not apply to small claims track ...so no you cant claim costs.

Andy

• AndyOrch changed the title to Hoist Claim Form - TSB Lloyd trustcard Credit Card debt *** Claim Discontinued ***

Cheers. I thought it might not be relevant. 

I'm glad that they have "seen sense" - but it's still quite stressful that the situation got this far. 

I even offered to "negotiate" with them (as instructed by the court) but heard nothing from them