B'lays asking me to go to branch?

craigten
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1716 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Re my Dad, I / he sent his full address, there were no previous addresses and two different copies of his council tax bill but didn’t include his account number, is this sufficient?

but not limited too..

believe our SAR already says that..

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If this thread was started about your friend, please don't ask Q's about your dad or anyone else.

Keep this thread on track and use a new thread to discuss issues about YD, thanks.

Keeps thread simple and focused. :-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Following a DSAR to Barclays a while ago (with copy of Council Tax bill in my name), they sent a letter asking me to confirm a local branch where they need to "speak to you at one of our branches to confirm some details before we can complete your request".

Is this a usual delaying tactic with these?

Also, I did once have a loan with them, because of this, they will likely not send the data before the PPI deadline, shall I just make the PPI complaint about the loan anyway just to 'get the complaint in'? Will this be sufficient without the loan details, etc?

Hi Craigten,

I suggest you file a PPI complaint in writing now so you do not miss the deadline. Include the date (approx if you're not sure) and your likely address back then.

Deal with the SAR letter as best you can but I see no reason for visiting a branch to confirm details unless they have the SAR  data ready to hand over.

Do you know if you had PPI on the loan, or you're just hoping ?

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• dx100uk changed the title to B'lays asking me to go to branch?