• Tweets

• Update. The ASB team have categorically said they want to send a letter to the idiot saying... you are upsetting your neighbor, please come in to talk about this, we need to tell you we have no power to do anything about this though... WTAF?   They also said my only option to stop idiot parking and obstructing our kerb is to park our other car outside idiots property 🤔 because the car is now not obstructing enough to get a ticket and not breaking any law! Even though it's obviously being done to cause annoyance.   Just seems beyond belief!
    • Ok, quick update on this.  Mediation didn't happen - mainly because I missed the deadline for agreeing to the date - I didn't realise the deadline was quite so tight - and I had been away for the weekend and not reading my emails - anyway - although it was bad to not formally respond, it didn't really make too much difference because due to the lack of viable evidence provided by the claimant, mediation would have been pointless.   So I've been waiting to head what court date has been allocated to my case. However, instead I received a "General Directions or Order" letter.    Sorry - I meant to bring it in (to where I'm writing this).....but basically the gist of it was that the claimant had 14 days to respond providing evidence e.g. signed credit agreement etc. - and then I had 14 days after that to respond stating whether I accepted that evidence and whether I wanted to withdraw defence.    The letter was sent around the beginning of the month - therefore their 14 days are more or less up - I haven't heard anything - albeit, I need to factor in postage times - but surely this means my 14 days are not really 14 days....but more a case of the time left before the end of October and when or if I get anything from the court of the claimant with their evidence.   My question really is:    Is it a stupid question - but I cannot really do anything until I receive anything - at the moment, the court won't know what they've sent me (in response to my CCA request) - i.e. the poorly presented application form - meaningless statements - no clear signed credit agreement etc. - so this step is basically the court asking whether there is enough evidence in order to allocate a court date?   I'm assuming I should get a copy of whatever the claimant provides to the court?   Many thanks  
    • hello again, do you think this witness statement better suits my needs witness 2.pdf
    • Hi all   Does this link indicate whether or not Woodside Park station is under the TFL Byelaws or not, as I'm a bit confused?!   https://tfl.gov.uk/corporate/transparency/freedom-of-information/foi-request-detail?referenceId=FOI-2209-1819   Rgds. Andy
    • I am hoping someone can offer me some advice concerning an issue with my former landlord, please. In short, I took possession of a property he was letting out just over ten years ago. Having viewed and been offered the letting, I accepted and paid the deposit plus the first month’s rent and moved in. Meanwhile, the landlord had gone on holiday and it was not until a week or so after I had moved in that I saw him again when he came around to see if we had settled in OK. I told him all was fine and took the opportunity to ask him where the parking space was located as there is only “pay per hour” on street parking outside and a commercial car park approaching half a mile away. He said there was no parking included with the accommodation. Yet the lease which we had each signed clearly stated that the property included the use of a parking space. He told me that this was an error on his part and that there was no parking space included with the property. Having already vacated my previous letting and paid the deposit and the rental advance and moved all my effects into the new letting – in addition to not wanting a major fallout with my new landlord (I also had a wife and three children to consider), I erred on the side of caution and did not press the matter.   However, the kids have all grown and flown and we have been obliged to downsize to a one bedroom apartment (with parking, happily). This was nearly three months ago and I have only yesteray received contact from my former landlord’s lawyer stating I still owe him (the landlord) money. I am waiting to learn the grounds for his claim and have requested a full breakdown of that alleged indebtedness from his lawyer but, having been very good tenants who always paid the rent on time and not only took great care of the old property but also did a lot of unpaid work improving it over the course of our ten year residence, I am quite annoyed to be treated so meanly. Regardless of whether or not it transpires that I do, unwittingly, owe this man money I am wondering whether or not I might have a counter claim against him for the false representation of his lease and perhaps even be compensated for the ten years I spent paying for on street parking as well as putting up with the daily (often hourly) inconvenience of that.   If someone could advise me, I would be very grateful.   Thank you.  
  • Our picks

Hi, I booked a hotel package for next year for 20 guests. During December last year, I received the quote via an online chat, paid the deposit and then received the booking confirmation confirming what I had agreed on the online chat. I then forwarded the booking confirmation to a group email for all parties to see and subsequently deleted it from my own gmail account as I didn't think I would need it anymore as it was secure in the other email group.

In January I then received a further copy from the hotel group and noticed that some of the activities we agreed initially, were no longer on the booking confirmation. When I queried this, I was told it was never agreed and that the booking confirmation I received was not from them and must have been edited externally (ie by me) to include those extras. They refer to phone confirmation that they recorded where they don't read out these extras. They have now asked to see the original email that was sent to my gmail box (which I no longer have). They are not prepared to investigate from the original copy that I forwarded to the group email.

I have been to see this organisation to try and resolve this but they are adamant that the software they use would never have sent that booking confirmation to me. If they didn't then divine intervention must have because it is what was agreed on the online chat and confirmed once I paid the deposit. 

I'm now in a quandary about what to do next. I've paid quite a substantial amount of money to secure this booking but now they want us to pay additional money for the activities. I would imagine its practically impossible for anyone to edit their booking confirmation too. Could it be possible that it was sent by the organisation staff member and they realised the error and then deleted the activities and all traces of the email being sent??

Thats the only thought I can come up with.... 

Where do I stand in terms of tackling this with them too?

Thread moved to the appropriate forum...please continue to post here to your thread.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Go to your sent items box and search for the initial email that you forwarded to the group.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PIXeL_92 said:

Go to your sent items box and search for the initial email that you forwarded to the group.

Hi

Thank you for your reply. I have done that already and I have that copy but they are saying they want to see the original one that they sent to me directly. That’s the one I don’t have  

I guess you've checked your deleted emails? Mine stay in the deleted mail until I empty it.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

12 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

I guess you've checked your deleted emails? Mine stay in the deleted mail until I empty it.

HB

I did. All gone. I have sent a request to Gmail to see if they can recover it for me. 

I'm wondering if a DSAR might elicit more information, hopefully others will comment. It seems a bit petty to insist on an original email,  but another time it's worth taking a screenshot. 

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

get someone in the group to forward it to you, I cant belive 20 peopel deleted their copies

1 hour ago, ericsbrother said:

get someone in the group to forward it to you, I cant belive 20 peopel deleted their copies

Hi

it was forwarded to one email address that was set up for our group. We have the forwarded copy. They are asking for the email that was sent to me. Sadly I suspect they think I then edited their document before I forwarded it to the group email. 

58 minutes ago, Avashan said:

Hi

it was forwarded to one email address that was set up for our group. We have the forwarded copy. They are asking for the email that was sent to me. Sadly I suspect they think I then edited their document before I forwarded it to the group email. 

The header details should prove where the email initiated from.