• Tweets

• Very smelly !  i am surprised that the Police have not been called in to investigate some of the allegatiions that have been made over recent months.    The amount involved for the polling appears to be £580 k and not £580 m
    • @rgaineBe careful, as have read of people trying to ignore service of Bankruptcy petitions before and they have been made Bankrupt,  after the Court was satisified with the service attempted with papers posted through letterbox of known UK address.   As dx says, you will need to deal with this now
    • I honestly don't know. I contacted them in 2018 as they randomly registered a default on my file for Vodafone. They said they had information from Vodafone from the point of sale when they purchased the debt that I owed it. I disputed it and that is as far as it went.    They were going to take me to court for the BT debt too in 2018, but I settled and paid it in 3 installments. So I don't know where they have pulled this new BT account from. When I query them about it they just say it is equipment charges that I verbally agreed to. I understand I should keep creditors up to date with my current address but unless I send prospective letters to every company who I ever had any kind of interaction with it just won't happen.    I'm on the electoral roll at my current address and have been for previous addresses. My bank and other debts know where to send letters, as do Lowell in relation to another debt that I do not owe from British Gas for the same address in 2016.    All these debts are coming up to being statute barred from a period of unemployment in 2016. I still don't know what the procedure for the defense is, whether the evidence is required at the set aside hearing or the hearing after the claim is re-brought. I also need to put to the court the fact that I work for a company that's regulated by the FCA and if a review were undertaken by my employer I would lose my job that I have had for the past 5 years. There is some guidance or precedent written somewhere in the annals of legal seagulls that if the judgement has an unintended disproportionate impact on the claimant then it can be removed on the credit file. I don't know how to prove this though short of asking my boss for a letter that says that I'm going to be sacked for informing them, or how to put it to the court.    I'm not doing this to clean my credit file for a mortgage application, or for any other related reason on my credit file, just to keep my livelihood. I would happily pay the judgement and have it behind me, and would have if I had received the forms.    Also it irks me that it is fine for companies to bundle up completely different issues into one claim. What is to stop them just bulk buying 50 debts for some poor bastard and serving them with a mammoth claim. Probably the character limit at Northern Bulk. I'm not feeling sorry for myself here, I've made poor decisions with my finances and owe some debt. This is a debt that I don't think I owe and is going to ruin my life if it is found by my employer. Hence why I am willing to pay the £255 even if the CAG'ers think its a shaky application.    It has to be done seen as Lowell won't consent to it in return for a payment in full. 
    • what i mean is..Youve been a member since 2018. A lot of your issues are since then and you should have known not to ever use email by your  reading up here.   If these email exchanges were before you joining...then as i said..its another issue you have that would have benefited you coming here earlier.   As for not owing the debts or a defence to go with your n244 be very careful, there are several telecom/mobile claimform threads here that have been won or discontinued using the ofcom guidance of termination fees till end of contract are unfair etc...but once judgement has been issued any paperwork wriggles are trumped by the default ccj.  And ofcourse that still leave any airtime use or return equipment fees.    Interesting one is vodafone uk finance..was this for a new mobile phone and this was finance for it?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Delay Repay - unpaid cheques

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 791 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

(My own fault - I know!)

I've just found two delay repay cheques (each for just £13) that I never presented to my bank.  They're both nearly two years old.  I've contacted the TOC in question and asked them to reissue them (possibly for a fee) but they've refused to do so on the grounds that the cheques are over six months old.

Is this correct?  My wife has had several expired dividend cheques reissued in the past upon payment of a fee.  Is the delay repay compensation simply an ex gratia payment, not creating any legal liability?

I'm not too bothered as if they charged the same fee as for my wife's dividend cheques, I'd only be a couple of quid up, but I'm curious to know if the TOC is correct.

Thanks

I understand that the delay repaid cheque system has come about as a result of some voluntary code of practice. It might be an idea to start having a look at that code to see what it says.

I suppose that if the cheques have been given to you in compensation for a train delay then it may well be possible for you to assert a contractual entitlement – but this may be for a lesser sum than the value of the delay repay cheque which you have and of course you might find yourself having to threaten legal action which I expect would not be worthwhile

Just looked at National Rail T&Cs of travel and TOC's passenger charter - nothing to indicate that they can't reissue an expired cheque where they've already agreed to pay compensation for delay by issuing the original cheque.

Think I'll challenge them as to where it says they can't reissue the cheque.

try presenting the cheques if they dotn have an issue life. some company cq's do, some dont.

I often bank by share dividend cq's a year after issue as they are for such small sums I accumulate a few before banking them

7 hours ago, ericsbrother said:

try presenting the cheques if they dotn have an issue life. some company cq's do, some dont.

I often bank by share dividend cq's a year after issue as they are for such small sums I accumulate a few before banking them

The bank has already rejected them as over six months.

My wife's dividend cheques can be presented for up to 12 months (says so on the face of the cheque) and then have to be reissued.

Having looked at the National Rail T&Cs and the TOC's passenger charter, I'm reasonably confident they can be reissued, despite an initial rejection from customer services (I suspect they don't know they can be reissued).