Partshop Direct wanted me to pay more for price mistake on their website - no chance!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1788 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Before I start this post I wish to say that I accept full liability for this post.

Numerous companies have been named on this site, so naming is not a problem.

I give all members my 100% genuine and verifiable with hard evidence report of what has happened with Partshop Direct.

I have noted 3.12 What is “potentially libelous” as per rules 3.5(i) of the terms and conditions.

I'm happy to and I indemnify the owners of this forum.

Why?

Because I know what I say is 100% the truth backed by hard unequivocal evidence.

Speaking the truth in proper context , as I do, is not defamatory or libelous. 

By way of Order Number: …. I received an email confirming the order at 17:18PM 25th May 2019 for £42.98 delivered. 

I then received a phone-call at 16:26PM 27th May 2019, which I recorded automatically (which is not illegal) from somebody claiming to be DeWalt (another parts selling company).

The sales person is telling me that that the price I received was wrong on the website and that the product sells for much more.

I'm offered to pay £10 more or request a refund.

I sternly refuse to do either.

I do what I like.

I said to this person that I'm doing neither, and that I'm leaving them to take whatever action they see fit.

However, I also make it clear that my call is being recorded. No objection voiced. 

I said

"For the sake of £10 you'd prefer to damage your reputation by me posting this online?

Do what you want".

Then the usual happens.

What's that?

Sales people think that by repeating themselves they'll get somewhere.

I interrupt the bloke and says,

"Do you understand what I said?"

He confirms that he did.

I said, were done here..  

(click). 

I then take notice of an invoice at 18:50PM 27th May 2019 of an email time stamped 16:31PM 27th May 2019

- that's four minutes after the phone call above 

(yeah.. OCD is my middle name when it comes to my money and service I receive). 

What's the point of this post?

In case some did not get it,

this nonsense about mistakes with prices  on websites has been going on since the famous Kodak camera case many years ago.

Companies have failed to learn a lesson.

What's that?

Treat customers with respect.

The cost of the respect in the captioned instance above is £10 .

The manager of the bloke who called me and his/her line manager are not thinking far enough. 

Just to be clear,

as I am legally qualified,

I require no lessons on when is a sale confirmed,

when it is an offer and the issues about acceptance in contract law.

I have not alleged that Partshop Direct has done anything illegal.

What they've done has dissed me!

Why?

Because my time has been wasted.

My time is valuable to me

- and I spend my time on forums like these as I please. 

The other point of this post is that the British consumer needs to get active and name companies that play the stupid game of,

'Oh our website had the wrong price' - before the contract of sale is completed.

This is sort of thing is slipshod.

The person who should pay any difference, is the line manager in charge of putting prices on the website. 

I don't play these games.  

5 years ago I completed a purchase for a package holiday (and got confirmation of payment received).

Then they call me up and tried the same nonsense

i.e. telling me the price was actually meant to be £300 more.

On that occasion (which is nothing to do with Partshop Direct),

I said,

"Sorry mate - I'm not paying more. Shall I see you in court?"

To which I get,

"This is nothing about court".

To which I said,

"For me it is shall I meet you or your bosses in court?"

To which the bloke goes,

let me consult with my line manager.

Of course they dared not cancel my holiday with a refund.

I got it at the price I paid - end off. 

And finally,

I don't know that DeWalt is Partshop Direct.

My business was with a business called Partshop Direct.

The only reason I mention DeWalt is because it is a matter of fact.

My business is with the seller as seen on a website.

I intend no disrespect to DeWalt if they happen to be a separate business entity. 

• dx100uk changed the title to Partshop Direct wanted me to pay more for price mistake on their website - no chance!!

you cant force someone to sell you anything, even if you shove cash in their hands.

The offer and acceptance works both ways so if they have posted the wrong price in error they dont have to sell at that price.

With an online sale the first opportunity they get to reject your offer is after you have completed the online payment so the contract isnt complete until they have accepted the offer, dispatched the goods and you confirm you are happy with the item having inspected it.

It never got that far so you dont actually have a crystallised contract, you have a frustrated contract. 

If the price was significantly different from the going rate and there wasnt an offer on it could be said that there is no reasonable expectation that the advertised price was correct and general terms about errors and omissions trump you payment.

But of course you know this already but presumably have some proof that there was an intention to deceive, like all of their prices being wrong.

If you were the person who pulled out in front of me on the A22 last week then you should know I have a right to report you to the police and use my dashcam footage to show you were driving without due care and attention.

on the other hand blowing my horn to wake you up and make you aware I was there seemed to do the  job so no need to go to all the extra effort.

As I thought I said, I require no lecture or advice on contract law. I thought I said "Just to be clear, as I am legally qualified, I require no lessons on when is a sale confirmed, 

when it is an offer and the issues about acceptance in contract law." I might as well not have said that. 

I'm not here to prove that anybody tried to deceive anybody. 

On the issue of deception in pricing (in general😞 online sales organisations would be stupid to create a trail of evidence that leads to them being caught out. My suspicion is that some of them play a numbers game. It goes like this: they know that the average British consumer will fall for the trap paying up on an increased price post-offer. I'm in probably in the 1% of British consumers who will raise some sort of protest and take action. That's fine for British sales organisations because small percentages of people like me don't dent sales. It's all about money mates. It's a great game to snake in loads of people with attractive offers, then up the price on them. Online sales then become an auction of sorts. Did I say 'everywhere'? I did not. 

The average British consumer is their own best enemy for being lethargic on consumer issues and poor customer service. That has been my opinion for the last 15 years and it ain't changing. 

"If you were the person who pulled out in front of me on the A22 last week the you should know I have a right to report you to the police and use my dashcam footage to show you were driving without due care and attention. on the other hand blowing my horn to wake you up and make you aware I was there seemed to do the  job so no need to go to all the extra effort."

Seriously? Are you for real? I fail to see what any of that has to do with this thread or this forum. 

I know of no rule saying that I have to ask a question or have any answered. 

I've shared my accurate experience in the seeding post of this thread and my honest opinions about things general and specific. If it my honesty and plainspeak are not appreciated remove the post. End off.

Just be clear. I have not be rude to you. I have used no foul or offensive language to you. Once I see site team members turn up I know what's up, from long experience on many forums.

Shall we leave it there - please. If you opt to delete my post and the thread, that's fine - I have screenshots and will post the same report elsewhere. Bye. 

This is brilliant......I have no idea who what or why, but I'm so glad I'm no longer this angry.

Good luck Capt Walker...😀

Edited by Bazooka Boo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Not sure who is angry. I might have been dissed but that doesn't mean I'm angry. But on social media inferences are regularly turned into fact. I deal short shrift with loads of businesses who try to diss me. I have my scripts well prepared for most scenarios. 

Speaking out about a terrible waste of consumers time is not about being angry (in case anybody thought so). There is nothing wrong with being angry, so long as anger is expressed in an appropriate way. But maybe consumers need to get angry - it's just about how that is expressed. I prefer 'angry' consumers speaking up about the nonsense that some companies do, in preference to lethargy.