BankFodder BankFodder

LWORTHO

Athena ANPR PCN - 10mins overstay of free 90mins - Lidl, London Road, Liverpool

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 243 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I know there are millions of threads on this topic and I've tried to read up on what advice people have already given however I cant find my actual scenario for comparison.

I have received a Civil Parking Charge Notice for overstaying the 1hr 30 period by 10 mins and 33 seconds. I have seen all the threads about the grace period and appealing the 33 seconds etc however I was not actually shopping in Lidl when I used the car park - and this is where I need some advice.

I parked on the car park while going to the dentist on 21/05/19. I have previously parked there multiple times during my orthodontic treatment (I have an appointment every 6 weeks the last 3 years) and never had any issues, however, for the last 2 years I haven't needed to park as I can easily get to the dental hospital on foot from work. On this occasion I was on annual leave so needed to drive in.

Am I liable to pay as I was being cheeky and trying to get some free car park time?

Edited by LWORTHO

its a min of 10mins no max.

please complete this:

1 Date of the infringement - 21/05/2019

2 Date on the NTK  - 23/05/2019

3 Date received - 25 or 26/05/2019 

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] - N

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? - Y

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] - N

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

7 Who is the parking company? Athena

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Lidl, London Road, Liverpool

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. - The IPC

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here - N/A

please scan up the NTD/NTK to one multipage PDF

read upload

PCN PDF.pdf

Looking at that again it seems to suggest you only get 1 hr to shop? I had always thought it was 2 anyway and they must have recently lowered it to 1 1/2 but if it is only 1 hr i went over by 40 minutes, not 10 as i thought 🙈🙈

look at the original planning permission at the council webportal

you'll find as with every other lidl carpark topic here already

the free parking is 2 or even 3 hrs..NO-ONE can change that.

Is that just applicable to Lidl shoppers though? I don't want to appeal it and then they ask for proof I was shopping there, that was my original point - do I have any grounds to appeal a charge if i wasn't using the car park as a customer?

Don't get hung up on not having a receipt. How many people would hold on to a receipt for groceries for a fortnight just in case they get a parking ticket? Follow the steps advised in the link that dx has provided and just point out to them that you are a "regular customer".

the NTK doesnt say what it is you have actually done wrong and whether the sum demanded is owed under a contract or for breach of contract. Read the POFA and you will see that this means they have failed to create ANY liability and they are too late to issue a proper demand.

bad news is that ignorance and stupidity has never been a barrier for parking co's in the past so no point arguing with them at this stage.

i would let them waste their time and money chasing you and in the meanwhile dig up what you can to kill any claim they may wish to make as this ppint is often overlooked so tricky to argue on its own