Lilypad1

PCN sent to old address - council say its now with bailiffs

Hi I have an issue I have just found out I have a council parking ticket at bailiffs stage sent to an old address. 

This is the first I know about it. I have changed address multiple times due to domestic abuse. 

I have changed my driving licence address a few times over last few years and not really sure of dates. I can try and work dates out but tbh my memory isn’t that great with stress and medications

I havent got any letters or info I just called the council and they told me in the phone  

Any advice much appreciated 

Thanks

I am assuming from your post that you have NOT updated your V5C (Log Book). With local authority road traffic offences, the council would make a request to DVLA for the name and address registered against the specific vehicle. 

As you had not received previous notices, you can make a request to have the debt registration (and bailiff fees) cancelled and a new Penalty Charge  Notice issued. Such an application is called an Out of Time witness statement. You will need to first call the council to obtain the PCN number. You will also need to know what type of contravention the penalty was issued for. There are different forms for different contraventions.