style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1788 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I’m wondering if anyone can help me please. I’m in private rented property and have been in this house for 7.5 years. I renewed my tenancy in December for 12 months. I now have an opportunity to buy my own house and it would mean breaking my contract. 

My tenancy agreement has a “break clause”. Could someone read over it and let me know if I just have to give 2 months notice and how to word the letter to the agent please? Also, am I going to lose my deposit by doing this? 

“Break clause- either party has the right to terminate this agreement by giving the other party not less than two months advanced notice in writing. This notice can not expire within the first 6 months of the tenancy”

thanks in advance

Hi

As you signed a new fixed term tenancy agreement in Dec 2018, sadly as you are probably aware from the 'break clause' you now have to wait for 6 months before notifying them in writing of your 2 month 'notice to quit'.

It does not stop you trying to negotiate with the Landlord (make sure anything agreed is in writing).

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group